Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Is Lady Gaga a genius on the level of Michael Jackson?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

Helxig

I believe so. She might not be as well established yet, but I think she has everything he did.

I still regularly mourn the fact that they never got to work together. They would've been very good friends. And dare I say it.... she might have even saved him...

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne

yes, here comes legendGa. :flutter: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

weed

Honestly I think it's apples and oranges bc Michael was performing nationwide since he was like 5 years old (cue "since 13 years old" comment), and his whole family was ultra famous and talented. If we look at 8 years of his career (bc Gagas is 8yrs in) then yes I do think so bc each have pros over eachother that balance out.

Solitaire

I don't think the public quite seems them as equals, but I would say they are. I'd go even farther and say that Gaga has the potential to be even greater than MJ. Hopefully LG5 will be a step towards Gaga regularly putting out fully formed, next level artistic ideas that can intellectually entertain fans and the GP; I think then she'll be on her way to really cementing herself as an icon of the early 21st century.

- Previously Sycothisis

ReidOne
4 minutes ago, Solitaire said:

Hopefully LG5 will be a step towards Gaga regularly putting out fully formed, next level artistic ideas that can intellectually entertain fans and the GP; I think then she'll be on her way to really cementing herself as an icon of the early 21st century.

You summarized my feelings exactly right here. 30 minutes ago, I was thinking about my comments in this thread and I thought, "ultimately, I just hope that Gaga keeps striving towards artistic AND pop relevance with LG5, and not apologizing for it." That's the essence of MJ. You nailed it. 

pachinko
8 hours ago, Rino said:

I said "for me". when did you get the right to define a better artist from my point of view? 

I didn't. I was giving my point of view, sis. :hor:

pachinko
7 hours ago, Helxig said:

I believe so. She might not be as well established yet, but I think she has everything he did.

I still regularly mourn the fact that they never got to work together. They would've been very good friends. And dare I say it.... she might have even saved him...

I doubt that. Gaga was a drug addict back then. She might have killed him faster (along with herself). :giveup:

Helxig
1 minute ago, pachinko said:

I doubt that. Gaga was a drug addict back then. She might have killed him faster (along with herself). :giveup:

But I think one of the things that neither of them had was somebody who fully understood their pain. The pain that caused the addictions. I suppose it could've gone either way though. I just have a feeling that touring together and getting close to one another would've been a positive thing for them both.

He would've shared his stories of his life and struggles, and given her important warnings. She would've reminded him what it's like to still be starting out, and the firey passion of a new artist who hasn't yet been disillusioned with the world. I think they would've been kindred spirits and really understood each other in a way that noone else could.

Gaga said that it's the classics (Elton, Tony, Barbara, etc.) who helped her when she lost everything, and who shared important stories of their own careers and lives, and who offered her first-hand advice that her friends and family couldn't. Maybe Michael could've offered her that important advice before she fully broke down in 2012-2013

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Noir

Gaga is so more polarising than Michael in my eyes but I do think he and Bowie are better fits than Madonna when it comes to musical capability and talent.

Reality

Not as of now, but I do think that she's definitely working her way up to Jackson's level. His impact on the music industry and just pop culture in general was astonishing, and I don't think Gaga's just quite there yet, but she will be years from now. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Monster2015

Honestly as far as musicality and the overall package, I would say:

1) Prince

2) MJ

3) Bowie

4) Stevie W

5) Gaga

Point I'm saying, Gaga is well established to be up there but we just have to wait and see her full potential. 

3 hours ago, mic said:

During 2008-2011 there was that legend feel about her.

I think now more than ever it feels like that. In my opinion, she's not one (yet), but she has expanded her talents and shown that she's not just a popstar, she is so much more. And I think this career diversity, constant change/reinvention and impact is the key to earning a legendary status. While her massive peak did give her an aura of a legend, I feel it was more due to mass hysteria about her. The world was going Gaga for 3 straight years. She had success and critical acclaim, but it takes more than just 3 years to become a legend. 

Archived