what is this bs.try harder next time  :laughga: 

read the OP, it's the same thing.

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quark
3 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

A famous person is someone a lot of people know about. A popular person is someone who is liked by people who know that person. Famous means known by many people because of their achievements or works, while popular means liked by many people

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/8022/is-there-any-difference-between-famous-and-popular

Adele is both famous and popular

21 outsold Gaga's entire discography. If she isn't liked, her records wouldn't have sold so much

Most of those sales happened only in the US and UK though. Gaga has toured and sold albums in countries Adele hasn't even touched.

weed

I think Meghan Trainor is THE most famous, but Gaga is up there 

Serendipity
7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Most of those sales happened only in the US and UK though. Gaga has toured and sold albums in countries Adele hasn't even touched.

TFM: WW(15M) US + UK =9M

15M-9M=6M

21 sales: WW(30M) US + UK=15M

30M-15M=15M

Adele sold more albums WW than TF/M did in total :air: 

EDIT: Even 25 outsold TFM even in UK :rip: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_in_the_United_Kingdom

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

SamJ
15 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well, then I fear you are deluding yourself.

No my grandparents know who Lady Gaga is because she was a phenomenon but they don't know who Adele is. Adele is just an ordinary name if I said Adele in Tesco the supermarket 100 people called Adele would think I was talking to them because she isn't really talked about in England tbh

Didymus
6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You just said that there is no way of measuring fame, so how could I be deluding myself if you don't know either. This is just my opinion.

My earlier post is irrelevant now tho. You've made clear what you think counts for measuring fame, I'm evaluating your statement about Adele and Gaga based on that.

"based on what you see for yourself around you, and the success she has had with single and touring sales in many countries around the world might give you an idea"

Adele has to win in every single category. Touring sales, ok. But you can't compare a show like Gaga's with one of Adele. And besides, the dvd recording of one of her shows is the highest-selling music dvd in the history of the U.S., breaking several records there. And her tour gross is growing, unlike Gaga's.

Surely based on those categories, it's just humorous to act like Adele is not at least equal to Gaga in terms of fame. Her sales in total blow Gaga out of the water, easily.

Alcina Dimitrescu
4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Adele doesnt like touring. And regarding sales,  Baby Blue Love already got you the receipts :nick:

SamJ
3 minutes ago, Caesium said:

Not when Beyoncé exists

She hasn't really been talked about in the UK for 10 years :hor:

Quark
2 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

TFM: WW(15M) US + UK =9M

15M-9M=6M

21 sales: WW(30M) US + UK=15M

30M-15M=15M

Adele sold more albums WW than TF/M did in total :air: 

She still hasn't touched many of the countries Gaga did. She still hasn't created many of the headlines that Gaga did. Sales in general are a good representation of fame but headlines could make you very famous even without any sales.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

No my grandparents know who Lady Gaga is because she was a phenomenon but they don't know who Adele is. Adele is just an ordinary name if I said Adele in Tesco the supermarket 100 people called Adele would think I was talking to them because she isn't really talked about in England tbh

She had the fastest selling album of all time in the UK, her album sitting on the number one position of the album charts for twelve weeks, but people don't talk about her. Ok.

Caesium
Just now, UK Monster said:

Gaga hasn't been talked about for about 5

mFDr3vy.gif 

Beyoncé is dominating everywhere right now. She's just sold out a stadium tour in the UK. Not everyone can do that. Hold Up is all over radio and Lemonade is #3 over a month after its release. Lets be real here. 

mFDr3vy.gif 

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Didymus
2 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

She did six nights in a row at the O2 in London but people don't talk about her. Ok.

weed
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Her sales in total blow Gaga out of the water, easily.

Sales don't necessarily mean more famous though. Bieber is extreeeeemely famous but his sales aren't record-breaking.

Quark
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

My earlier post is irrelevant now tho. You've made clear what you think counts for measuring fame, I'm evaluating your statement about Adele and Gaga based on that.

"based on what you see for yourself around you, and the success she has had with single and touring sales in many countries around the world might give you an idea"

Adele has to win in every single category. Touring sales, ok. But you can't compare a show like Gaga's with one of Adele. And besides, the dvd recording of one of her shows is the highest-selling music dvd in the history of the U.S., breaking several records there. And her tour gross is growing, unlike Gaga's.

Surely based on those categories, it's just humorous to act like Adele is not at least equal to Gaga in terms of fame. Her sales in total blow Gaga out of the water, easily.

Well, many people I know that live around me don't even know who Adele is, ans yet every single one of them knows Gaga. Gaga has also toured in countries that Adele hasn't even touched. And Gaga for sure created more headlines than Adele.

Archived