question

Is Gaga the most famous artist?

Quark

Featured Posts

Caesium
4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You mean more popular than Gaga since 2013?

Yeah, shown by the reaction to BEYONCÉ compared to ARTPOP :madge:

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

It doesn't matter why she got the headlines for. She still has had bigger and in general more headlines than Gaga. This helped Gaga fame worldwide.

Well of course :rip: Gaga's literally trying to draw them in by acting and dressing like a ****ing nutjob. It's a lot easier to get headlines when you're having people vomit on you. That's great and all, but you're forgetting the fact that those headlines aren't being seen by everyone. Only the meat dress was her last real worldwide iconic moment that sunk into public memory, but after that.. not so much. If you made this thread in 2010 or 2011 a lot more people would've said Gaga but we're in 2016 rn and Gaga is no longer the most famous person around. Not the most followed person on social media, not the highest sales, what more do you need.

Quark
21 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I don't get how it's possible not to know who Adele is after 2011.

And if that's all that matters, then Madonna wins easily anyway.

The reason why is possible for Gaga do be more known then Adele is because Gaga created headlines for more things than just music. She was literary everywhere. She tapped onto channels, websites, and places that normal music artists usually don't. Adele has huge sales and also a lot of support from the media. But other than the people that buy her music, she is not known much by the rest of the population.

Quark
1 minute ago, Caesium said:

Yeah, shown by the reaction to BEYONCÉ compared to ARTPOP :madge:

Yeah, but popularity is not the same as fame though.

Didymus
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

The reason why is possible for Gaga do be more known then Adele is because Gaga created headlines for more things than just music. She was literary everywhere. She tapped onto channels, websites, and places that normal music artists usually don't. Adele has huge sales and also a lot of support from the media. But other than the people that buy her music, she is not known much by the rest of the population.

I think that's a claim you cannot possibly back up with evidence or logic. Adele's Carpool Karaoke video got more views than G.U.Y. Stop.

Quark
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well of course :rip: Gaga's literally trying to draw them in by acting and dressing like a ****ing nutjob. It's a lot easier to get headlines when you're having people vomit on you. That's great and all, but you're forgetting the fact that those headlines aren't being seen by everyone. Only the meat dress was her last real worldwide iconic moment that sunk into public memory, but after that.. not so much. If you made this thread in 2010 or 2011 a lot more people would've said Gaga but we're in 2016 rn and Gaga is no longer the most famous person around. Not the most followed person on social media, not the highest sales, what more do you need.

One thing is that people forgot about Gaga and another thing is that people know who Gaga is. Even if those people that used to talk about Gaga don't talk about her anymore, if you mention her name they will still know who she is.

Didymus
Just now, Enigma said:

When thing is that people forgot about Gaga and another thing is that people know who Gaga is. Even if those people that used to talk about Gaga don't talk about her anymore, that you mention her name they will still know who she is.

But they wouldn't know who Michael Jackson and Madonna are?

Quark
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I think that's a claim you cannot possibly back up with evidence or logic. Adele's Carpool Karaoke video got more views than G.U.Y. Stop.

Because she is POPULAR at the moment. Just look at the type of headlines Gaga created throughout her career and the ones that Adele did. Gaga just had more coverage and a wider range of people that could be aware of her.

Caesium
3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yeah, but popularity is not the same as fame though.

But popularity leads to fame.....I honestly don't see what your argument is? 

mFDr3vy.gif

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Quark
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But they wouldn't know who Michael Jackson and Madonna are?

I believe those two are the only people more famous than Gaga. Specially MJ. However in the case of Madonna, many young people and even some old people don't know who she is. In the case of Gaga, I feel like there are more old people that know her than there are young people that know Madonna. However I do agree that this is very arguable.

flopheart

she's one of the most famous, even if you ask to some "adults" about gaga they know what are you talking about, it's not the same about miley or katy or taylor, kim k, kanye etc

Quark
3 minutes ago, Caesium said:

But popularity leads to fame.....I honestly don't see what your argument is? 

mFDr3vy.gif

But her popularity only seems to happen with a certain ground of people and in a specific group of countries. Unlike the wider range of coverage that Gaga had worldwide.

VOLANTIS

Is Lady Gaga Famous?

Yes.

Is Lady Gaga the most famous artists?

No. I don't think she'd make the 'Top ten most famous artists of all time' list either and that's not necessarily a bad thing or something we have to worry about. I'd rather have her be successful than famous. For example, after 2013 VMAs Miley Cyrus was probably the most famous artist for months to come. With every nude selfie, Kim Kardashian becomes the most famous. Fame hits you in waves. And I want to celebrate Gaga and her acclaimed accolades. That's what I'd rather be proud of than how much she's talked about. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived