💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Is Gaga the most famous artist?

Quark

Featured Posts

SamJ
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

She had the fastest selling album of all time in the UK but people don't talk about her. Ok.

No they don't if you go out and about anywhere really people are either talking about Justin Bieber Rihanna Miley Cyrus or gaga. Adele is just a decent singer who people find boring she sells well because she can sing but she doesn't have any personality or drama that makes people here talk about her like other superstars. She is not that famous really here. Her albums and songs are way bigger than her.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
Just now, neptugne said:

Sales don't necessarily mean more famous though. Bieber is extreeeeemely famous but his sales aren't record-breaking.

So what tho, then Enigma shouldn't have presented that as a category.

Serendipity
Just now, Enigma said:

She still hasn't touched many of the countries Gaga did. She still hasn't created many of the headlines that Gaga did. Sales in general are a good representation of fame but headlines could make you very famous even without any sales.

Which one? Japan? 21 went #1 even there :air: 

Just because she hasn't sold Earth shattering sales wise does not make her any less :air:

And lest's not act as if Adele didn't make headlines, when Skyfall became the first Bond song to bag an Oscar in years :rip: 

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Quark
9 minutes ago, Caesium said:

Not when Beyoncé exists

2q1gzyv.jpg 

She is not on the level of Adele or Gaga worldwide.

Caesium
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

She did six nights in a row at the O2 in London but people don't talk about her. Ok.

And just sold out 2 nights at Wembley Stadium

2a9vh1j.gif

The cheek of some people

2a9vh1j.gif 

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Didymus
Just now, UK Monster said:

No they don't if you go out and about anywhere really people are either talking about Justin Bieber Rihanna Miley Cyrus or gaga. Adele is just a decent singer who people find boring she sells well because she can sing but she doesn't have any personality or drama that makes people here talk about her like other superstars. She is not that famous really here. Her albums and songs are way bigger than her.

I don't see how that matters tho.. it's about who's famous as a person. Who cares that Adele's personal life isn't interesting, does that make her less famous as someone else?

SamJ
2 minutes ago, Caesium said:

Gaga hasn't been talked about for about 5

mFDr3vy.gif 

Beyoncé is dominating everywhere right now. She's just sold out a stadium tour in the UK. Not everyone can do that. Hold Up is all over radio and Lemonade is #3 over a month after its release. Lets be real here. 

mFDr3vy.gif 

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

She did six nights in a row at the O2 in London but people don't talk about her. Ok.

Lets be real Beyonce has loads of hardcore fans but the only song she has on UK radio is crazy in love. The general public in England dont have a clue she is even in the business anymore lmfao. Gaga is on our radio 5 times more than her! Beyonce probably has the most passionate fanbase right now but normal people off this site lol dont give a damn about her new material she hasn't been relevant FOR AGES!!!

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Well, many people I know that live around me don't even know who Adele is, ans yet every single one of them knows Gaga. Gaga has also toured in countries that Adele hasn't even touched. And Gaga for sure created more headlines than Adele.

I don't get how it's possible not to know who Adele is after 2011.

And if that's all that matters, then Madonna wins easily anyway.

Quark
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

So what tho, then Enigma shouldn't have presented that as a category.

Is a good indicator but not all there is.

SamJ
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I don't see how that matters tho.. it's about who's famous as a person. Who cares that Adele's personal life isn't interesting, does that make her less famous as someone else?

yes because normal people dont talk about her or know her she isn't even played on our radios anymore. Whereas gaga is

Serendipity
1 minute ago, UK Monster said:

Lets be real Beyonce has loads of hardcore fans but the only song she has on UK radio is crazy in love. The general public in England dont have a clue she is even in the business anymore lmfao. Gaga is on our radio 5 times more than her! Beyonce probably has the most passionate fanbase right now but normal people off this site lol dont give a damn about her new material she hasn't been relevant FOR AGES!!!

passionate fanbases cannot help a tour cross 200M :rip: 

The public support needs to be there :rip: 

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Caesium
Just now, Enigma said:

She is not on the level of Adele or Gaga worldwide.

She's been bigger than Gaga worldwide since 2013. I'm not being disrespectful by saying it, it's the truth

3afAVX.gif 

Adele is a mega star and obviously that can't be doubted, but I honestly feel Beyoncé has more overall fame. She's your more typical celebrity. Adele is very much a normal woman who's also a incredibly successful artist. Everything about Beyoncé screams fame, people know more about her. Putting success/sales to the side, I feel she's overall the biggest star

3afAVX.gif

Didymus
1 minute ago, UK Monster said:

Someone who's not relevant can't sell out Wembley two nights in a row. What the **** are you talking about. You think hardcore fans are the only people making her enormous commercial success possible over there? :rip:

Besides, you clearly haven't seen the WAVE of media attention the album got worldwide. Not getting your responses at all. It's just the total opposite of what I'm seeing/thinking.

SamJ
1 minute ago, Baby Blue said:

passionate fanbases cannot help a tour cross 200M :rip: 

The public support needs to be there :rip: 

Yes she has some public support too obviously but if you ask a 70 year old English woman who Beyonce is the chances are they will not know or if you ask them who Adele is they will not know they might recognise the odd song if you play it to them but if you asked them who gaga is they definitely know. Her brand is a lot stronger. And her 09 10 and 11 power was a lot more impactful then bey and Adele could ever reach imo

Caesium
3 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

Then why have I turned on UK radio in the past month and heard Formation, Hold Up, Daddy Lessons and Sorry on multiple popular stations? Meanwhile I haven't heard Gaga on the radio in literal years

giphy.gif 

I've engaged in a discussion with you before, and you honestly don't seem to have a grasp on reality. I'm beginning to think you're a troll

giphy.gif 

Archived