💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga the most famous artist?

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

First let's not confuse fame with popularity. Popularity simply means that many people like you and are talking about you at the moment. And fame is the fact that a lot of people know who you are. Gaga is obviously not the most popular artist right now. But is she the most famous? After all, she has been included on Guiness World Records several times as not just the most famous artist, but as the most famous person in the world period.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luxe Ford

She's certainly up there with Madge and Michael. Not sure about *the* most famous, but she's got years and years left to get there. She might even come to enjoy it.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

yASSsss

Read my signature :sis: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

MonsterOfSpain

From her contemporaries she definitely is the most famous, yes.

Lord Temptation

I cannot think of any artist more famous than her since...Andy Warhol. Funny that.

RAMROD

what about Asia?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ sausage so good! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Didymus

Honestly, how the **** are we supposed to know that :rip: I guess she's on par with a lot of very famous artists but.. how the hell should we decide if Adele or Gaga is more famous rn?

malazam

I don't know a single person who doesn't know who she is.

Anyway, she was the most famous celebrity back in 2014....so, yes?

another shot before we kiss the other side

Didymus

I will say however that she's not the most talked about rn and she would come to mind very late (I think) if people would just ask random people on the street for an example of a really famous artist. Madonna, Michael, Taylor, Adele.. I think they'd come to mind a lot faster.

Didymus
15 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I cannot think of any artist more famous than her since...Andy Warhol. Funny that.

Adele? Michael? Madonna?

Ray of Light

She is to present day pop culture what you are to GGD. 

Quark
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Honestly, how the **** are we supposed to know that :rip: I guess she's on par with a lot of very famous artists but.. how the hell should we decide if Adele or Gaga is more famous rn?

There is no sure way to know. But based on what you see for yourself around you, and the success she has had with single and touring sales in many countries around the world might give you an idea.

Serendipity

There are people I know who don't even know who Madonna is, let alone Gaga :rip: 

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Raikou

If you asked 100 random people if they know who Lady Gaga was, 99/100 would say yes.

There's very few people alive that would hit 90 or more.

Archived