Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Katy Perry - Witness (Demo) - Poll

Andrew Warhola

How do you feel about the song?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the song?

• Beautiful. I felt my lotus bloom
    • Waiting for the final version and/or KP4's metacritic score to form an opinion
    • Not a fan. Wish I could unwitness it

Featured Posts

HighlandHeart

It's just more regurgitated pop. And people think because it's not bubblegum sugary sweet that this doesn't matter? It's trend-following. If she's this brilliant artist people try and make her out to be, where's the risk-taking? Where's the originality? Where's the gravitas? I've heard some waffle in my time but I can already see people beginning to attempt to defend it by calling it a 'minimalist noir approach to voyeurism'. 

You criticise her and people have the audacity to call you 'pressed' and try and dwindle your views down to being simply 'a hater'. Listen, I'd be fine if she went on creating music forever. Lord knows I endure worse tripe on the radio. But all this talk of her being innovative and stylistic and whatnot, how? Show me how. In the meantime, here leaks another demo which is unsurprising, dull and just because she tones it down and uses different, darker chords for a change, this is enough to justify 'a whole new different direction'?  Really? It's the same product in a different wrapper and clearly her greatest wish is that this safe, non-risky approach is enough to fool people into thinking she's innovative while the money still rolls in from soccer moms who like to believe they're educated in music. 

Edit: "Waiting for the final version and KP4's metacritic score to form an opinion" - still can't believe people base their opinions on other people's opinions. Depressing.  

If you don't have shadows you're not standing in the light.

Bitter

I hate katy

I hate her music

I hate her persona

I'm always bitter towards her

I love this song

HighlandHeart
1 hour ago, Dominic Marc said:

It's a great and new direction for her. Considering it's a demo I say there's plenty of potential for improvement, however I'm sure this thread is gonna get flooded with people who hate Katy and say she is untalented soon enough. Funny how they visit every Katy thread to state how much they don't care about her. :laughga:

Please. So only people who worship Katy Perry are allowed to comment on and criticise her? When you criticise Gaga do people come at you saying how typical it is? This forum isn't for ass-kissing. I don't hate Perry. I don't hate anyone. Calling me a hater is derogatory, dismissing my honest opinions on her. This demo is hardly a new direction or anything of the sort. If you really believe that, and aren't just saying it as a deluded defense, then please, by all means, I welcome you to tell me how. 

ARTPOPNick

it's kinda repetitive and really really basic...

not my cup of tea :tea:

DiscoHeaven23

Not a Katy Perry fan at all but i loved the song

It's such a departure from the sound she's had in the past and that's what i want from her. 

Bye Dr. Luke. Bye.

bye-bye-gif.gif

Takemyhand
1 hour ago, Drunk Poet said:

It's just more regurgitated pop. And people think because it's not bubblegum sugary sweet that this doesn't matter? It's trend-following. If she's this brilliant artist people try and make her out to be, where's the risk-taking? Where's the originality? Where's the gravitas? I've heard some waffle in my time but I can already see people beginning to attempt to defend it by calling it a 'minimalist noir approach to voyeurism'. 

You criticise her and people have the audacity to call you 'pressed' and try and dwindle your views down to being simply 'a hater'. Listen, I'd be fine if she went on creating music forever. Lord knows I endure worse tripe on the radio. But all this talk of her being innovative and stylistic and whatnot, how? Show me how. In the meantime, here leaks another demo which is unsurprising, dull and just because she tones it down and uses different, darker chords for a change, this is enough to justify 'a whole new different direction'?  Really? It's the same product in a different wrapper and clearly her greatest wish is that this safe, non-risky approach is enough to fool people into thinking she's innovative while the money still rolls in from soccer moms who like to believe they're educated in music. 

Edit: "Waiting for the final version and KP4's metacritic score to form an opinion" - still can't believe people base their opinions on other people's opinions. Depressing.  

Come on, it's Katy perry what did you exepet? Are Britney Spears, Meghan trainor, Jennifer Lopez or wichever popstar innovative? No. But it's Katy perry, so it justifies to be a hater 

Dominic
1 hour ago, Drunk Poet said:

Please. So only people who worship Katy Perry are allowed to comment on and criticise her? When you criticise Gaga do people come at you saying how typical it is? This forum isn't for ass-kissing. I don't hate Perry. I don't hate anyone. Calling me a hater is derogatory, dismissing my honest opinions on her. This demo is hardly a new direction or anything of the sort. If you really believe that, and aren't just saying it as a deluded defense, then please, by all means, I welcome you to tell me how. 

I didn't quote or @ you but if the shoe fits. :lolga:

Just a quick look through the other Katy threads shows your character. Lets not mask insults and nasty words with 'honest opinion'. You've stated several times you don't like her, she's childish, she's basic, generic etc so why do you even care to enter a thread about her just to make the same old remarks day in day out? Or even mix it up a little.  There's some really funny and brilliant Katy haters on here but none take themselves as seriously as you seem to. 

...but like I said, I didn't even quote you  :laughga:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

HighlandHeart
4 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

I didn't quote or @ you but if the shoe fits. :lolga:

Just a quick look through the other Katy threads shows your character. Lets not mask insults and nasty words with 'honest opinion'. You've stated several times you don't like her, she's childish, she's basic, generic etc so why do you even care to enter a thread about her just to make the same old remarks day in day out? Or even mix it up a little.  There's some really funny and brilliant Katy haters on here but none take themselves as seriously as you seem to. 

...but like I said, I didn't even quote you  :laughga:

Insults and nasty words? Okay, you keep telling yourself that. 

And no, but I quoted you. That's what happens on forums funnily enough. Why add my opinion? Because, again, this is a forum, and I have a right to. I fail to understand your point. 

I don't mask anything, as I've kindly welcomed you to tell me specifically how this demo shows a new direction for her, in the hope that you could perhaps change my mind about her. I'm quite open to being wrong, and giving her a chance. So far I haven't seen any reason why I should and yes, that is called my opinion. You ignored the invitation to enlighten me and you expect me to breeze on by with more compassion towards her?

I invite you to try and change my mind again. Of course you don't have to, you may take the cynical view that it'd be a waste of your time and that I'm a lost cause to the brilliance of Katy Perry. It's completely up to you, and I won't criticise you if you don't want to, but I sure as hell won't give up my opinion. Yes, I take things seriously. You may see that as a flaw but it's rather the way I operate. I was born this way. :stalkga:

TimisaMonster

I didn't care that she's trying to go for the soft EDM trend rn....it sounded boring and uninspired. Keep it Katy... :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived