šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why isn't Beyonce releasing any music videos for Lemonade on youtube?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

gagaisitalian
10 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's to get people to buy the album, obviously, but I think it's a really bad idea. Like it or not, singles are the biggest factor in helping the public remember an album because that's the memory they attribute to it. And videos obviously extend this memory. Albums without singles don't get remembered well, it's just a fact. Most people do not listen to a full album but a lot more will hear a single, even if they don't buy it, as singles are so much more a part of our culture. Only Beyonce's fans think that the songs from the last 2 albums have actually worked themselves into the public's memory - they haven't as none of them were proper singles. She hasn't had a memorable hit with the public since 2010. By overly protecting her art, she's stopping the public consuming it and making it part of their culture. And that's the beauty of music. Only her fans know her new work and that isn't a good thing. I don't know why anyone would think this was a good business plan.

Wait...are you for real?

There are so many pointless, generic, basic singles out there that I could never tell you what album they came from. What you're saying is so false, that it's funny. The real issue with this day and age of music is that artists only want you to remember their top 10 singles. You think a random adult could tell you what album "Dear Future Husband" or any random Jason Derulo or Pitbull single is from? No, but you could ask anyone right now what album Beyonce just put out and they would all know it was Lemonade. The demographic that you're talking about our 50 year old moms who literally have no time but to listen to the radio while in their car. But most people will remember an album like Lemonade over any album with 1 or 2 pitiful, generic singles on the radio.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived