Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Most critically overrated vs. most critically underrated

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

Higher

Underrated: SZA and Angel Haze.

Lyrically and musically they're amazing. 

tumblr_ndb4gwvIJW1tfn6k7o1_500.gif

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radio Ga Ga

Overrated: Beyonce

I think Taylor swift gets what she deserves, she's just really likable to a lot of people, and most of her stuff are catchy, but if I had to stan for a very mainstream pop star tho, I'd prefer katy perry

Underrated: 

Post TFM Gaga; Rebel Heart Madonna (it's actually a pretty good album); P!nk (but that's probably cuz she had been hibernating for the past 4 years); Lana; Jessie J (she has really really good vocal abilities, that's very rare for a pop star, and she also write more than half of her songs)

Lucas

Taylor Swift, Adele, Beyonce : overrated. Taylor is a nice song writter but that's it. She can't sing & can't dance, yet some delusional people put her in the same category as MJ, Madonna & other legends.... Adele can write and sing but people need to stop acting like she's god and her music isn't that extraordinary, Beyonce doesn't write her music, doesn't produce,doesn't seem to care about her fans, she can only sing & dance and people also put her in the same category as MJ, Madonna... etc... Just no

ALGAYDO

Well, artists like Katy Perry and Taylor swift are overrated, but you can't deny that they've worked really hard to get where they are today. 

Then there's people who work so much harder than them who might as well become indie artists cause nobody cared about them :grr: I'm looking at, FKA Twings, Florence, Marina, etc. 

AlexanderLevi2

Overrated: children on the internet claiming to know more than everyone else.

Im just kidding... But seriously, let's talk deeper about music than pointing out why we think bands or musicians are over/underrated

Currently listening to Joanne

JEWRJEWR

The only thing I'll say is that the amount of ignorance (in this thread) is a bit disturbing. 

And also, I'd trade the names of your lists. Xo. (You could keep adele, idc bout her)

Fear, she's the mother of violence

Ciccone Madonna

Overated: Green Day, Linkin Park

Underated:Natalia Kills,Marina and the Diamonds.

Manul
37 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Overrated

Bjork
Adele
The Beatles
Kendrick Lamar

Thank you :green:

it wasn't laaaahv

YaaaasGaga

Most Overrated Artists: 

Kate Bush - I cannot stand that woman's voice. Theres something about it that just irritates me to the core of my being.

Ariana Grande - Whilst this girl can definitely sing, she's still yet to impress me with a more mature sound and I think she's still figuring out her place in the music industry. Plus she doesn't really stand for much. She's just there.

Jess Glynne - Terrible. Can't sing live.

Demi Lovato - Skyscraper. That's it. That's all I like. Other than that she is beyond annoying and try hard.

Most Underrate Artists:

Duffy - Long lost and forgotten by many, but she's supposedly making a comeback, and her album Rockferry was one of the best albums ever in my opinion.

Frank Ocean - Still waiting for this dude to release his next album! Come on dude, where you at!?

Joss Stone - K so her accent may be annoying, but please listen to her Soul Sessions albums 1 & 2 and tell me that girl doesn't have soul. She is brilliant.

No Doubt - Still listen to daily and their music still sounds ad fresh now as it did when I was growing up listening to my sisters CDs of theirs. Got some absolute bops and gems. 

raw

Prismatic

One Of The Boys

Disgustingly underrated. It's an amazing debut with two smash and beautiful rock/pop ballad. Very Jagged Little Pill. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

HelloBarbara

Overrated: Taylor Swift, Purpose, Ariana Grande, Prism, BEYONCÉ (the album, not the singer. Lemonade is one of my favourite albums, and I wasn't even a Bey fan until I heard it).

Underrated: Marina and The Diamonds (esp. Electra Heart), Melanie Martonez, Sia. ARTPOP, Rebel Heart, Britney Jean, Sheezus, Anti.

Hiiieee

HelloBarbara

And Teenage Dream, which is an amazing album and was critically slaughtered.

Hiiieee

Archived