đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No more popGa, isn't it obvious?

lmxoxo

Featured Posts

Ronk
1 hour ago, PopThatArt said:

she wants to establish herself as more than just a pop singer, there's more sides to her, she has more talent and facets to her than just "pop star", she wants to show she has greater talent,

This.  I doubt that LG5 will be mostly pop, but maybe some pop.

I live outside the space time continuum.

XoXoJoanneGaga

It will 100% be pop. That doesn't mean it will be electronic dance, doesn't mean it won't have any rock, punk or disco influences. People on pop forums ironically have the most narrow definition of what pop music is.

Helxig

There are SO MANY things that point towards a departure in her career from traditional pop, and even her own style of pop. Even that she will delve into rock, funk, and disco and leave electronic music in the background.

BUT that being said, whatever she creates will probably still be catchy and chart well. So even if it isn't 'pop' music, it'll probably get tried by pop stations, and still chart, and therefore become pop.

This might be a big prediction to make, but I feel like Gaga is going to redefine pop music AGAIN, like when she first came on the scene.

When she first came out she changed pop music forever and brought many elements to it/back to it, the key one being electronic dance music.

This time around I feel like she's going to bring funk, disco, and rock back to pop music. It's been a while, a few artists have started taking these tracks (Bruno Mars being one), but I feel like she's gonna be the one to bring it back again.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig
4 hours ago, CoCo1 said:

It will 100% be pop. That doesn't mean it will be electronic dance, doesn't mean it won't have any rock, punk or disco influences. People on pop forums ironically have the most narrow definition of what pop music is.

People forget that she brought EDM to the masses and was largely the influencing factor for pop music going down that track anyway.

I feel like whatever she makes; rock, punk, funk, disco, etc; it will still be, or become, pop.

Pop = popular

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

aaronyoji
9 hours ago, Didymus said:

Plus, "I will always be a pop star" (2014) :chica:

Then again.. "I feel like I entered music through pop music, but I never really belonged there" (2014) :air: Eh, I dunno. She knows that making a non-pop record would make her lose at least 30% of her fanbase tho. I doubt she'd take that risk.

that'd be pathetic if so many fans left because it didnt resemble contemporary mainstream pop. like, seriously many fans here need to expand their horizons and stop putting all this importance on her sounding like everyone else. 

fede ARTPOP

Im afraid of this, but I think it wont be like KILLER POP, or SEXY POP like Sex as a topic, maybe mature pop and more?:laughga:

đź–¤ C H R O M A T I C A đź–¤

Chelseaaaaaa

I said this in another topic, but.....

I think it'll be traditional pop with very transparent rock influences. If she wants to make a rock album then she needs to genuinely test the waters instead of diving in. If LG5 is acclaimed/commercially successful, I'd expect LG6 to be full on rock.

AlexanderLevi2

My hope would be that she releases a full pop album then, before starting her tour, release an EP that is full of one genre (rock or disco or jazz or stripped down music or whatever goes along with the pop album even including a cover). It would be cool to see her continue that throughout her cycles. 

Id love to hear an acoustic EP as a bonus to a pop album. I would be so disappointed if she dedicated a whole pop album to acoustics or to just rock. Gaga's style is too big to only focus on one genre at a time for an LP.

Currently listening to Joanne

Archived