Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG5: Bigger or smaller sales than ARTPOP?

Quark

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation
48 minutes ago, dannydevito said:

wait is ARTPOP the official name of LG5 or did I miss something? :green:

Fixed up! Sorry for my confusion. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Computer

I don't know... I would like to think she wI'll have some big radio hits and a #1 album debut.  Not hard to imagine since Applause did well on radio and both ARTPOP and C2C were #1 debuts.

But it seems like even the biggest artists lately are just selling based on their names and reputations, not really making smash hits that are recognizable at all.

I hope soon we get some hype and can at least start to understand the direction of things.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Quark
4 hours ago, neptugne said:

avatar only opened with like 99M but in the end made over 2B :gaycat:

Those are exceptions

Bradley

With good promotion, I'm guessing it will do at the very least as decent as ARTPOP (2.5 million copies worldwide) and then even more if this album has longevity (more than 3 proper singles released).

M I M I Z

The thing that I'm sure about is that LG5 will be better album than her last 2 albums and thankfully we will not get songs like Swine, Aura, Fashion, Born This Way etc on the next album. Also I don't know why but I have a feeling that LG5 will sound like I want your love and I'm here for it. My prediction for LG5 first week sales is around 130k in the U.S.

DeanWinchester
16 hours ago, Enigma said:

It could be. But I would imagine that if she sales less than ARTPOP on opening week, than it wouldn't be a very good sign in general.

This basically. A lot of fans think Gaga should not care at all about commercial success but truth is that she needs moderate commercial success to (i) validate and reinforce positive critical response and (ii) to prevent another switch around that happened to ARTPOP--which was initially praised by critics but was then shot down once people realized Gaga was not selling. Another un-certified album for Platinum is easy picking for very vocal haters, and it could snowball.

LG5 hopefully performs significantly better than ARTPOP. At least 700k for the opening week would sound pretty great but I think for the album and era to remain strong and have longevity it needs to sell past 1m by the second week or earlier.

Additionally, I think it really needs to sell a lot bigger than ARTPOP because she has been on a steady decline with album sales since The Fame. This would also cause critics and haters to emphasize that she has been decaying and might again lead to claims that she is over.

I'm not saying she should sell out but in order to really have a greater impact, better chance of exposure to the GP and to highlight her previous achievements and future legacy, she needs to have respectable sales again. At least just one more time just to break the downward pattern.

Gaga is obviously much more talented than most of her peers and even though we know that, the GP will always bring her down if she continues to have poor sales and streaming relatively. She needs to bag both quality and quantity.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

MosheGaga
17 hours ago, Creyk said:

Smaller, the sales climate gets weaker by the day unless you are a big name and already established artist like Taylor Swift and Adele (and no Gaga is not on their level)

You right gaga better

Divine
On 5/1/2016 at 4:19 AM, Enigma said:

Except that wad her DEBUT. She can on the fame soon after she release the album but not before it being release. She is still FAR more known now then she was before she released TF.

she is known of course, but do you think people are still interested in her or do the gp still like her like they did before? she started so massive and as we all know it decreased. (the purpose of lg5 is to prove people that she is not over) 

qdORYf2.gif

and we aint physics lol 

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."

Alfonso

If it flops it could go around 2M, if it's good I could see around 5M 

Archived