💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce stole "Hold Up" MV concept.

Enhsa

Featured Posts

johnpe
On May 1, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Didymus said:

Looks like she was inspired by it. Funny contrast since the woman in this video is white.

Not entirely convinced she "stole" it though. Its not specific enough to be stolen, plus Beyoncé does a lot more than what that woman does, so I think she was inspired but took it (a lot) further.

That's the problem. Just because X is bigger than Y it's okay for X to abuse/ steal from Y.

I didn't get the importance of her complexion as well?

And yeah, people will be like "she is just inspired, she's paying homage to the original, there's nothing wrong"

However if this exact woman stole from Beyonce everybody will be losing their god damn mind and probably cyberbully her lil the end of time.

MAKE IT WORK

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killa

This is purely inspiration. a Bit too inspired, literal i'd say in some parts... but let's not pretend it takes away the great moment that Hold Up certainly is for pop music. You know it'll be on the comercials on Vh1 like Bjork's, "It's Oh so Quiet" et. al.

The cinematrography is clearly better here, but oh well. I'm lazy to go listen to the music to see if they sample this melody in any intrument, sped up or not. It kinda seems like the video was an inspiration prior to the song. It does make much sense. It's smart inspiration.

And it's not the first time, but our fave..i think these accusations are too much of a touchy subject for us. I really hope we can go through the next era without these problems. Unavoidable though.

Didymus
Just now, johnpe said:

That's the problem. Just because X is bigger than Y it's okay for X to abuse/ steal from Y.

Isn't that a tad dramatic though? Nothing in that video warranted a credit. It's like.. imagine if Gaga saw a video or a movie in which a lover throws someone off a balcony and Gaga took that and inserted that into her own concept, would you honestly say Gaga was a copycat and deserved to be called out for using that idea?

This to me is a reference. Sure, you could argue that the original video isn't well-known enough to be a reference, but it's still too dramatic imo to pretend she ran off with an idea that should be credited to someone else, I mean she's smashing cars in slow motion, who cares. That's not exactly something I'd trademark.

3 minutes ago, johnpe said:

I didn't get the importance of her complexion as well?

Then you haven't watched the short film :chica:

3 minutes ago, johnpe said:

However if this exact woman stole from Beyonce everybody will be losing their god damn mind and probably cyberbully her lil the end of time.

That's not true. It depends on what it is and how it's used.

johnpe
Just now, Didymus said:

Isn't that a tad dramatic though? Nothing in that video warranted a credit. It's like.. imagine if Gaga saw a video or a movie in which a lover throws someone off a balcony and Gaga took that and inserted that into her own concept, would you honestly say Gaga was a copycat and deserved to be called out for using that idea?

This to me is a reference. Sure, you could argue that the original video isn't well-known enough to be a reference, but it's still too dramatic imo to pretend she ran off with an idea that should be credited to someone else, I mean she's smashing cars in slow motion, who cares. That's not exactly something I'd trademark.

Then you haven't watched the short film :chica:

That's not true. It depends on what it is and how it's used.

IMHO if you throw away all of your Beyonce posters hanging on your wall you'd have a way better perception regarding this situation. 

However, in the end of the day, each to his own. And I don't care neither for Beyonce nor this woman so good night.

MAKE IT WORK

Didymus
Just now, johnpe said:

IMHO if you throw away all of your Beyonce posters hanging on your wall you'd have a way better perception regarding this situation. 

However, in the end of the day, each to his own. And I don't care neither for Beyonce nor this woman so good night.

That's not a reply to my question: if someone accused Gaga of stealing from some video in which a woman is thrown off a balcony, would you say Paparazzi was a rip-off?

Imo that's a perfect way to get perspective minus posters of any artist.

StrawberryBlond
14 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

eek

youre not a beyonce fan

you dont watch her behind the scenes videos

Does she credit everything she does, then? Considering that she's the sort of person to literally steal a song (If I Were A Boy) from another singer without her permission and then have the cheek to put her own name on the credits and not credit her initially, I wouldn't put it past her to stay silent on her inspirations.

Didymus
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Considering that she's the sort of person to literally steal a song (If I Were A Boy) from another singer without her permission and then have the cheek to put her own name on the credits and not credit her initially

Girl, that's so old and even the writer of that song said it was a non-issue. Get a grip.

johnpe
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

That's not a reply to my question: if someone accused Gaga of stealing from some video in which a woman is thrown off a balcony, would you say Paparazzi was a rip-off?

Imo that's a perfect way to get perspective minus posters of any artist.

Having in mind the history of Beyonce, it's safe to claim that she stole, or in other words, for the oversensitive ones - was HEAVILY INFLUENCED by this video.

MAKE IT WORK

johnpe
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Girl, that's so old and even the writer of that song said it was a non-issue. Get a grip.

And again,

If X stole from Y but in this case Y says "Oh it's no biggie buddy" does this justify Xs' theft?

I think the one who needs a grip is you :/

MAKE IT WORK

Didymus
2 minutes ago, johnpe said:

And again,

If X stole from Y but in this case Y says "Oh it's no biggie body" does this justify Xs' theft?

I think the one who needs a grip is you :/

lol Gaga did the exact same thing. She heard a song Zedd was finishing for another artist and made sure she had it, refusing the wishes of the group to be credited differently. She called herself main writer for that song even though she didn't do jack **** but singing over it.

I don't think so.

johnpe
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

"Can I steal everything valuable from your house?"
"Well ok..."

*Steals everything valuable from your house*

"I've never ever stolen anything in my life. Once I took everything from this guys house but he said it's ok so I guess its ok." 

We are getting real off-topic here so yeah, good night 

#WatchMETGalaTonight

MAKE IT WORK

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Oh, I see. So, if an accusation is old, we should just move on and let it slide? Typical response from a Beyonce fan - they just want to sweep all her indiscretions under the rug. I've never heard BC Jean claim it was a non issue (just found a video) but even if if it was, that doesn't follow that everyone else should just give Beyonce a free pass for what she did. She stole from a fellow artist, one who wasn't even signed and passed off the song as her own. That's appalling behaviour from a so-called "artist." It is reasons like this that I cannot respect the woman. This is what celebrities with ego do - they step on other people to get to the top. Beyonce's done it her entire career. As long as she's getting success, to hell with other artists.

Didymus
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Oh, I see. So, if an accusation is old, we should just move on and let it slide?

I'm just saying your example is wrong. Get another one. It's not difficult.

Edit: And Bey never claimed it was hers lmao get outta here

Didymus
4 minutes ago, johnpe said:

We are getting real off-topic here so yeah, good night 

Because of you yes. You're not even trying to answer a question I'm directly asking you. Coward.

QueenGadonna
7 minutes ago, JDi said:

Nothing you said proves Gaga was inspired by Kerli or Roisin Murphy. it's just that they all liked certain aesthetics so they made them part of their image. if you can prove Rosin Murphy and Kerli are the first Gaga saw of these aesthetics, then they are the inspiration. until then, you're speculating.

Yeah maybe it is speculation but I have eyes and common sense.

Gaga in 2007:

d565727d01f7393f7725f84030fa40fd.jpg

Gaga after Kerli and Roisin in 2008:

1267113443.jpg

211_1.jpg

Once again I'm not calling her a copycat but it is obvious that Kerli & Roisin were some of her inspirations.

Anyway this is going a little far. Fact is everyone has inspirations and it does not make them copycats or thieves. That goes for Beyoncé.

Archived