Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Rihanna - Needed Me

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Brian Ryan
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

really??????????? all of them 

You clearly have not watched all of Rihanna's videos. That statement is false.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Ryan
Just now, Element said:

The quality of her vids have took a nosedive recently imo. :emma: Didn't really enjoy this one.

She has done almost every other scenario in her videos. You can call it a nosedive. I call it not repeating yourself.

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, BrianxRyan said:

You clearly have not watched all of Rihanna's videos. That statement is false.

i clearly have watched them all :neyde:

Haroon

I like her for the repeating the nipple thing, make it a non-event and desensitise us :worship2:

The repeated thing about strip clubs and money flying and guns and stuff is getting a bit stale though, I mean we had it for Pour It Up and Bitch Better Have My Money so this video was essentially just taking another journey on already well-trodden ground :spin: Glad that she's releasing videos though and hope she continues to because Desperado's waiting anxiously, and the full version of Goodnight Gotham :neyde: 

Probglum

WHAT KIND OF HIGH BY THE BEACH/ TROPICO TEAS?!?!?!?!?!

My name is yours! What's Probglum?

GagaMyBlood95
1 hour ago, BrianxRyan said:

The urban radio will eat it up.

Oh yeah, sure, but I meant for the video, the video will never get played on TV :D

StrawberryBlond

Rihanna's concepts have become really boring and overdone lately. She can't even seem to come up with any concept at all, so just sticks with dance videos (Work) and glamour shots with no storyline (KIB). This was just a complete rip-off of the far superior Man Down, especially visually. I'm getting really sick of her strip clubs and violence imagery. She's not a criminal or gang affiliated, so why has she got a gun tattoo on her leg, thug life on her knuckles and is using guns in her videos? It's all so fake and not in the way that playing a character, just an all-over fakeness to seem cool and edgy.

3 hours ago, vivre sa vie said:

So tired of videos  with black stereotypes, oversexualization of women, violence, dollaZZZ and the words "N*gga" and "B*tch" on repeat! This stereotypical image is so bad and unfair for all the black ppl! And specially in times of racist violence. Black "artists" should step forward from this image! It's totally trash and harmful for the black ppl. This is not the black culture we should celebrate!

Amen to that. Maybe these stereotypes would go away if the people complaining about them actually stopped exhibiting them! Rappers who have had friends and family shot continue to glamourise violence and blacks complaining about them being stereotyped as thugs then go and listen to the music that provides nothing but stereotypes and don't see the irony! If we stopped glamourising violence, maybe less black kids will want to grow up to be thugs. Maybe if we started treating women respectfully, maybe less black girls would grow up to be strippers. There's nothing wrong with a bit of morally ambiguous music from time to time but not only is there too much of it, but it's invading onto the mainstream scene where kids can witness it and the imagery is getting more explicit, further desensitising us to it all. How about teaching black youth that if you work hard, you can earn money and do what you want, instead of saying that stealing and violence is the only way to solve your problems? That's a message I'd like to see in music. Rappers who have reached a high status should realise what got them where they are and it wasn't illegal stuff and make this clear to anyone wanting to be like them.

2 hours ago, Daredevil said:

She tried to show us what violence can do in the American Oxygen video and now she's promoting violence with this and BBHMM? :toofunny: Rihanna needs a more coherent creative team

That's a great point. Her morals in her music are all over the place. Sometimes she's a bad bitch, other times, she's a vulnerable soul whose heart you don't mess with. Which is the real Rihanna because I'm confused. I thought American Oxygen was a masterpiece and really praised its message. Now to turn her back on it just to be edgy and cool again for the urban market is so fake.

2 hours ago, BrianxRyan said:

Yes anything that most black people do is degrading until whites do it. Let's all be like white people. You should celebrate who you are... just how she does herself as playing a character in a video. White people since the history of time have been doing more shooting than blacks. Ignorance.

That's not what they're saying at all. Nobody should be glamourising violence and if they want to do a video showing a darker side, they've got to do it in a particular way that's not too overt. I don't think you can say "this race did more shooting than this race." Every race has a murky history of killing people and suchlike, you can't measure who did more. The difference is that black culture still has a big theme of violence and white culture does not. Doesn't make whites better, just different. All we're doing is questioning why you'd want to boost up a part of your culture that's so destructive? And Rihanna is somewhat playing herself. She's singing about Chris (again, will she ever shut up about him?) and how she feels about their relationship in hindsight. Killing the guy in the video is clearly a literal representation of her killing all connections with Chris forever. Not much character-playing there.

13 minutes ago, BrianxRyan said:

Where are all these videos with her doing this? #freethenipples

BBHMM had a topless woman in it (and naked, with tape covering up the other parts) and had Rihanna topless at the end, with money covering the rest of her naked body. And Pour It Up practically had borderline in it, the outfits were so scant. And by the way, "free the nipples" isn't doing women any favours. It just makes men objectify us even more. If we get shouted at and grabbed while our breasts are covered, can you imagine what they'd do if we were topless?

GloZell Green
21 minutes ago, Haroon said:

the full version of Goodnight Gotham :neyde: 

Good news for you Haroony, a reliable insider said it's probably going to be on ANTI Part Two :derpga: 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Brian Ryan
39 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

i clearly have watched them all :neyde:

No you have not.

Brian Ryan
13 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That's not what they're saying at all. Nobody should be glamourising violence and if they want to do a video showing a darker side, they've got to do it in a particular way that's not too overt. I don't think you can say "this race did more shooting than this race." Every race has a murky history of killing people and suchlike, you can't measure who did more. The difference is that black culture still has a big theme of violence and white culture does not. Doesn't make whites better, just different. All we're doing is questioning why you'd want to boost up a part of your culture that's so destructive? And Rihanna is somewhat playing herself. She's singing about Chris (again, will she ever shut up about him?) and how she feels about their relationship in hindsight. Killing the guy in the video is clearly a literal representation of her killing all connections with Chris forever. Not much character-playing there.

Lana Del Rey glamorize violence. lol White culture has a bigger theme of violence than any other minority. The country was built on white violence. White culture has always had a bigger theme, but just do not have the same penalties. Most black are involved in nonviolent crimes. The song is talking about another ***** on hit list. Rihanna and Chris Brown were a couple. That's not another ***** on the hitlist. The video has nothing to do with Chris. LMAO. That's so Russian Roulette and they made up since then with Birthday Cake remix. Rihanna and Chris Brown don't have beef anymore. He was just on his last album. It's you guys that can't hang it up. What goes on in your mind is just far too interesting and you should do better research.

Brian Ryan
21 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

BBHMM had a topless woman in it (and naked, with tape covering up the other parts) and had Rihanna topless at the end, with money covering the rest of her naked body. And Pour It Up practically had borderline in it, the outfits were so scant. And by the way, "free the nipples" isn't doing women any favours. It just makes men objectify us even more. If we get shouted at and grabbed while our breasts are covered, can you imagine what they'd do if we were topless?

Wow. Boobs. The storyline is far different. Double standard much. Whatever if you feel objectified that's on you. Blame that on your insecurities and not Rihanna.

Futhermore, please stop talking about black culture cause you are very misinformed. If you ain't about that life, do not talk about it.

Brian Ryan
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

tumblr_inline_mij61hNjpD1qz4rgp.gif

No I got better things to do like going to CrossFit see ya. I do not participate in violence.

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, BrianxRyan said:

No I got better things to do like going to CrossFit see ya. I do not participate in violence.

:madge: i'm prepared sis.... 

I don't like the song. Period.

She should have released Kiss it Better, consideration or Love on The Brain as a single :madge:

Archived