2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

i actually can't help myself.

it's good to let it all out :gaycat: 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock
17 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

True, but I'm sure most people buy in the hopes that they'll get a new album by the time the tour starts. That's the general rule for this kind of touring set-up. There's no mention of greatest hits, so it must be new material. I'm pretty sure most people don't want exactly the same concert experience they had last time plus one new song.

Bashing, hating and provoking is normally baseless, though. I always have a reason behind the things I say and I say them for the good of others. But even if so, it's just freedom of speech. It's nothing to do with hiding behind being a critic, it's about putting the truth out there and exposing artists for what they truly are.

Yes, album plans can change halfway through, but not normally while a tour acting as build-up to it is happening! That's what makes her different from the others you mentioned. And I'm talking about lack of public interest in the new tracks that she was putting out specifically. No one apart from fans was talking about the song in the Pepsi or H&M ads, as evidenced by how little views they got online and how the songs didn't sell. Oh, and I have criticised Rihanna for her handling of Anti as well (keeping her fans hanging for months, omitting singles, changing the album's concept, putting out tickets before the show in case the album flopped, etc). I treat every artist the same, make no mistake.

Of course an album will be supporting the tour, you don't need to be an internet sleuth to work that out. Yes, the title of the new song is in it, so that suggests that there will be new material. But the way she's going, it might just be another single to promote it, not a full album. Indeed, she never promised anything with this tour and that's the problem. She's letting the fans come to their own conclusions instead of being honest about what they're getting for their money. What other reason would she have for being secretive other than the fact that she just wants people's money, regardless if they like her new work or not? That's the thing - artists don't want to have to deal with downfalls anymore so they're now actively trying to lessen the chances by being dishonest and encourage album sales through means that are not connected to what the audience genuinely thinks of it. If you've bought tickets to a show and the new album comes out the week before, you'd be mad not to buy it, right? Thus, the artist gets sales that they wouldn't have had had the album been released months before the tour. In this case, buying the album becomes a necessity, not an option. It gets the artist sales, but it's sneaky and money-grabbing. You know it's true.

Hm not really, you just bash for the sake of it. And you're not some Edward Snowden Wikileaks whistle blower type person with insider info and receipts, you're just like the rest of us on an internet forum, so you're putting your truth out there and your speculation of what you think they really are, incredibly full of bias. Just your partial opinion.

But who are you to say that it wasn't normal? Where you there? Do you work for Beyonce's team? Are you a tour promoter? The way you act as if your opinion is the end all be all ultimate truth is extremely condescending, irritating and annoying. The songs weren't put up for sale, so they didn't sell. And we must have been living in alternate dimensions because I certainly remember everybody freaking out over the Pepsi ad and the song.

Common logic said the album was coming, but she hadn't actually announced anything. So if you supposed it's going to come out before the tour because that's what made sense, then that's your prerogative and your own problem but Beyonce nor her team had actually said anything.

Anway, I'm really done arguing with you and I can't believe your going to waste your time essaying back and forth with Beyonce stans just like you did with Taylor lmao. I know I did, but whatever makes you happy

who will love me when the night is over

StrawberryBlond
6 hours ago, Spock said:

Hm not really, you just bash for the sake of it. And you're not some Edward Snowden Wikileaks whistle blower type person with insider info and receipts, you're just like the rest of us on an internet forum, so you're putting your truth out there and your speculation of what you think they really are, incredibly full of bias. Just your partial opinion.

But who are you to say that it wasn't normal? Where you there? Do you work for Beyonce's team? Are you a tour promoter? The way you act as if your opinion is the end all be all ultimate truth is extremely condescending, irritating and annoying. The songs weren't put up for sale, so they didn't sell. And we must have been living in alternate dimensions because I certainly remember everybody freaking out over the Pepsi ad and the song.

Common logic said the album was coming, but she hadn't actually announced anything. So if you supposed it's going to come out before the tour because that's what made sense, then that's your prerogative and your own problem but Beyonce nor her team had actually said anything.

Anway, I'm really done arguing with you and I can't believe your going to waste your time essaying back and forth with Beyonce stans just like you did with Taylor lmao. I know I did, but whatever makes you happy

I never bash for the sake of it, honestly. You mistake 'feeling good for getting frustration out' with bashing. No, I'm not a whistleblower but that doesn't mean I'm not speaking the truth. Anyone with a brain can see it. But some remain blind to it.

I'm saying it's not normal because this has never happened before - performing new music on a tour that doesn't make the album released at the end of it. My opinion is not the be all and end all but it is realistic. I'm not the type who just says "I won't comment because I don't know." We'd never talk about anything if we took that attitude. If something is blatantly obvious I'll say it, you don't need to be there or have dealings with someone in particular to know when it's clear as day. Well, I don't know what dimension you were living in because that Pepsi commercial didn't make a dent, even back then. There's not even an official version on YouTube. I remember it back when it got released - it only had about 11 million views and then everyone forgot about it. The versions uploaded now have less than 1 million views each.

So, tell me, why else are they making a tour despite having no album to tour with it? If an album isn't released pre-tour, then what's the point of the tour? Answer: money.

I like discussing points. I don't see it as wasted time.

StrawberryBlond
18 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

how is that strawbey isnt banned? 

That's a very mean thing to say. For your information, there's at least 2 mods who I'm on good terms with and they've made it clear that free speech is allowed as long as you're not bullying anyone. You can't get banned for just stating a different view to others.

danwasd
On 16/4/2016 at 7:55 PM, venusian said:

you act like people will actually read it and care this isnt a public convention boo

But I read it :gaycat:

Joaco95
4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That's a very mean thing to say. For your information, there's at least 2 mods who I'm on good terms with and they've made it clear that free speech is allowed as long as you're not bullying anyone. You can't get banned for just stating a different view to others.

yes sis

stan

better get in formation!

Archived