Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Boy George throwing shades at Lady Gaga

monketsharona

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

Boy George is yet another legend who could stand to have a bit more graciousness when discussing younger (and clearly talented) performers. 

Then again, he truly doesn't seem to know much about her or her music. He once claimed her sound was identical to Calvin Harris and David Guetta, which couldn't be more wrong. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy George is a legend and he is well known for his bitchy comments since 1982. Not knowning Gaga i´m sure it´s not that he doesn´t know that Gaga exists but something else. He praised her talent so many times that the whole thing doesn´t make sense at all.

The Surrealist

Shading Lady Gaga is so f🤘cking cool these days. Apparently that is the only way to gather attention when your career flopped and you are a forgotten, bitter superstar. Trying to dim other stars lights will not make yours shine brighter. 

Katharine Hepburn

I think him, Madonna and Grace Jones are mad because she became a bigger gay icon than them.

xoxo Joanne

Jase
8 hours ago, Coop said:

Exactly, 80'.s We're far from that and he's obviously not as popular as he used to be so it's not surprising that people don't know about him. Also, 80% of GGD members is from the late 90's of early '00s so... :shrug: 

...yeah but his name is instantly recognizable. For somebody not to have even heard that name is, um, strange to say the very least.

Using your example, I shouldn't know who Janis Joplin is, Johnny Cash, Neil Diamond, Stevie Wonder, etc. They were huge in the 60's and I was born in the late 80's so.. :shrug:

I see a pattern: A music icon that is not so relevant today (but is still an icon) shades/is not so gracious to Gaga -> people start throwing "whoo" thinking its a good clapback 

Seriously, it happened with Prince, Grace, Bowie himself. As unnecessarily bitter as they are/were, these people built the path for many musicians

I swear, next month someone is going to say "hew" on Michael Jackson and I swear I will track his IP address and burn his computer :grr:

Hello, it's me

Coop
6 hours ago, Jase said:

...yeah but his name is instantly recognizable. For somebody not to have even heard that name is, um, strange to say the very least.

Using your example, I shouldn't know who Janis Joplin is, Johnny Cash, Neil Diamond, Stevie Wonder, etc. They were huge in the 60's and I was born in the late 80's so.. :shrug:

Yeah, but young people from non-English speaking countries are mostly not that familiar with those older singers :shrug: I really don't understand what's so weird about that. :ohno: 

Jase
1 minute ago, Coop said:

Yeah, but young people from non-English speaking countries are mostly not that familiar with those older singers :shrug: I really don't understand what's so weird about that. :ohno: 

I just find it hard to believe how somebody couldn't have heard of such an iconic name, that's all lol

Coop
5 minutes ago, Jase said:

I just find it hard to believe how somebody couldn't have heard of such an iconic name, that's all lol

Haha okay.

DeepPurple
On 11/04/2016 at 10:18 PM, monketsharona said:

I don't know in what context he said that, but I've seen him through the very beginning mentioning her in interviews even when not asked about her, always praising her & predicting her rise to the icon she is today. I really don't think he just randomly  had a change of heart, or suffers from acute amnesia all of a sudden! He can't be acting like that, he'd make a fool of himself & become a laughing stock, plus i really don't think he craves attention or whatever, he's had plenty of that in his life. I'll lose faith in humanity if that post is his literal words on GaGa!

funked out with a gangsta twist

Archived