❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
throwback

Your Earliest Memory of Gaga??

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

En_Sabah_Nur

This was the first time I EVER saw her!  She use to do the NewNowNext commercials on The Logo Channel all the time, and as an avid viewer of Logo at the time.  I always thought she looked like a very interesting artist/character, but ultimately did not look into her because I thought she was just another edgy upcoming artist who would never go anywhere or amount to anything...  :toofunny:   Mostly because Logo(if you were a loyal viewer) was always showing & showcasing new artists at the time.  Most of course never went anywhere, but this was like in the spring of 2008.  Fast forward to the end of summer that year, when I was introduced to her all over again because of the Christina Aguilera controversy with her & the rest is history...  Went to her official website (which was very much The Fame at the time). Was introduced to Just Dance (Poker Face would come out a month later), and from then on I started tracking it's progression slowly but steadily up the iTunes Music Chart online.  It was number 52 I remember & I wasn't sure if it would ever make it to number 1 because it was a dance song.  And dance music hadn't been mainstream popular since the early 90's...  But it was such a f***ing BOP that I just knew the only trajectory for it was UP!  And of course it steadily went up day by day & sometimes back a couple spots.  But by January 2009 it was number 1 on iTunes & The Billboard Hot 100.  Critics at the time thought she just came out of no where & shot right up to the top just like that!  I was like yeah right...!  :smh:   They also said at the time that she is probably just a one hit wonder!  I knew she wouldn't be & remembered telling my older cousin(who was visiting from England at the time) that she was going to be BIG(she wouldn't debut Just Dance in the UK until much later on that same year) after we both heard Just Dance being played at the Club!  Everyone loved it & started dancing their butts off to it on the dance floor.  Ahhhhhhh - Memories....  :flutter:

Egypt. W

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusfly

all i remember was my friend telling me about the song just dance and i googled her and all the pictures of her with her old brown hair came up 

En_Sabah_Nur
5 minutes ago, LG said:

all i remember was my friend telling me about the song just dance and i googled her and all the pictures of her with her old brown hair came up 

Yep I remember all the brown haired pictures of her too, up against the wall, striking a pose!  :D

Egypt. W

iCpro

Hearing Bad Romance on the radio in the car when I was 9 and thinking it was sung by a large black woman :derpga:

Then my mum told me Lady Gaga sung it and I was so confused because it sounded so different to her previous work (my mum still low-key stans for BR :hor:)

It's funny because I still remember that exact street that we were driving down, and now I always think of that moment whenever I'm driving there 

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

2020Covid19IsOurs

aec812c2-5359-48ff-b56d-316e282b1304.jpg

This was the first time I saw gaga. I had heard so much things about bad romance and telephone that I couldn't wait to see them. But this was the video that I clicked on when I went to youtube to search for gaga.

The internet connection was so slow that it got stuck at this image for like 5 minutes lol before I gave up.:laughga:

I had to go to cyber cafes to watch her videos :neyde:

Gaga x JeffHardy x BillMaher

FRANK1991

ok this is kinda funny

So there's this Disney TV original movie called Starstruck

72c967fa202d9ac6b27c9599cfee8b883fe587fd

and the song Starstruck is pretty good so I decide to find it online and download it.

turns out I downloaded the wrong version; Gaga's Starstruck :toofunny:

I was like "who this!? that's not the song I want! DELETE!":emma:

It was until like a year or two later when I'm loving Gaga I was like "wait a minute!!!!! I've heard this song before! OMG"

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

theARTVampire

My mom was driving me to school, and she was all over the radio. "The girl that became a star over night"

Glory

Was there life before Gaga ? I can't even remember, she didn't invent it ? 
 tumblr_lj0adqhWde1qdsdrn.gif

(Seriously the Just Dance video on tv, with that old lady with 2006 glasses, it got me disturbed at first : why 2006 glasses for a 2008 MV)

MaryJaneHolland

the first time i saw gaga..... sitting on my gramdma's neighboors' couch (:toofunny:)watching tv , and paparazzi was going on, and i was satisfied with the video 

weed

I was walking past the living room where my parents were watching American Idol and she was performing Just Dance, I was like who? lady gaga? stupid. and just kept walking to the kitchen lol

PMKKARDASHiAN

When I first heard just dance I thought wow jeffree starr is really improving in his musical skills! Then when I realized it wasn't him I was like oh flop pop girl one hit wonder :usrs:

iCpro
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

the first time i saw gaga..... sitting on my gramdma's neighboors' couch (:toofunny:)watching tv , and paparazzi was going on, and i was satisfied with the video 

I though that said neighbour's cooch :air:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

En_Sabah_Nur
1 minute ago, neptugne said:

I was walking past the living room where my parents were watching American Idol and she was performing Just Dance, I was like who? lady gaga? stupid. and just kept walking to the kitchen lol

That's also how my BFF reacted when I told her her name.  She was like Lady WHO!??  Lmao . Had to sit her down & make her listen to Just Dance & she loved it of course!  Then she saw her perform at the miss universe pageant in 2008 & she saw how she dressed & was like what the!??  LoL 

Egypt. W

Archived