LebaneseDude

Why bring Madonna into this? :usrs:

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31 mars 2016 at 9:32 AM, LavendarBlonde said:

Madonna getting so much **** these days... :duck:

I think it's partly justified because we're seeing the end of her "model" : Madonna defined for the last 30 years what being a pop star meant, and we're seeing a micro revolution in the way today pop stars are emerging, are behaving and are interacting with their fans and with the GP. Controversy used to be revolutionary, and the whole "diva" aspect made the world of pop music more scandalous and mysterious, I'm not sure it's going to be the same way in 10 years, and Madonna was emblematic of this type of "pop star" that really appeared in the 80s, late 70s. 

Economy
On March 31, 2016 at 3:32 AM, LavendarBlonde said:

Madonna getting so much **** these days... :duck:

She always got a lotta shade 

when she was popular, many ppl criticized her for her poor vocal skills and bluntly being provocative just for attention

She was never drowning in praise. But she had enough fans and enough good music for her career to do well and last

Killa

Disrespectful comment on Madonna was too much. Other than that i think the author pretty much grasped the concept. It's just a pitty Marc Jacobs show was so weak, i could imagine that becoming a memorable moment in her career, without tryin to be. But if interest increases, everyone wants to do a throwback, people will understand the point then.

FameHookah
22 hours ago, CoCo1 said:

You're not entirely wrong since much of what we got during that era both musically and visually was the result of a lot of pressure on her to go back to old, more fun Gaga and give people what they expected of her. This look for example can't really be seen as anything but a heinous attempt to bring back Fame Gaga: -Lady-Gaga-on-Good-Morning-America-Sept-

But she did have some great, more original looks around the start of the era, mainly the ones with brown hair.

Yeah her attemps to recreate fameGa were lame as ****, as much as i love fameGa , these cheap ARTPOP parodies werent doing it for me..

And yeah, her brown hair looks + dreads were so ARTPOP sexy and fresh 😍

WTF is MDNA

Archived