Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
achievement

Gaga retweets NY Times article

bayonse

Featured Posts

weed

Unnecessary drama tbh lol but slay nonetheless at Gaga retweeting the praise! Release music and you'll get more @Gagz!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple
54 minutes ago, FameHookah said:

But ARTPOP was like a bad parody of all gaga's eras...

Nop

Lord Temptation
36 minutes ago, FameHookah said:

The vmas performance, the album cover

The whole era had rehashed looks from all other eras but cheaper/parody looking

Even the songs..

Dont get me wrong i LOOOOVE ARTPOP more than BTW and TFM and hate madonna with passion

But it was what it was

You call ARTPOP a bad parody, a rehash and cheap...yet you love it? And also you hate Madonna with a passion?

Well...Okay

tumblr_mardlozJHn1rnwl19.gif

Roomingfree77
2 hours ago, bayonse said:

All pop stars — all stars, for that matter — need to transform their images, or at least need to try (otherwise they risk, like Madonna, becoming a parody of themselves)

the unapologetic 2012 bitch is back ready to slay with lg5

Love always speaks a language you can always never hear or understand sometimes.."Ghost of Yogi Berra has spoken" 

kizurl

Sooo much shadeeee YASS SLAAAAYYY!!!

DRAG HA FOR FILTH!!! DRAG THAT HAG TO THE NURSING HOME AND BACK!!!!

Spoiler

tumblr_n5w72elvGB1r4h6eno2_r2_500.gif

Mama Ru
2 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I don't think she retweeted for Madonna shade.. It is much more for the praise of her

Also, the article got something right about Gaga that still so few people realize: She seeks to both express herself as an artist and to be the vehicle for others to express themselves (whether it be through wearing a designer's new fashion line or incorporating an old work of art into her own.)

The "I am the vehicle" thing is something Gaga has touched on many times (BTW album cover, 'I'm every icon', pretty much the whole concept of ARTPOP as a 'reverse warholian expedition', etc) but it's not something the public has really picked up on yet.

Even in this fanbase most people don't seem to pick up on this aspect of her career so it probably feels good to her to read an article like this that gets it.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Slayer

I find it funny that this article was talking about the gold mini dress like it was super-conventional couture. To me it's the first time in ages that Gaga has worn something that actually looked like a Gaga outfit from the past. It might be a big label, but it's a lot more 'Gaga' than her Golden Globes dress and other similar conventional dresses.

I'm not sure I agree with some of the article overall. Gaga has always been a vehicle for other fashion designers. She's always worn a mix of independent labels, do-it-yourself fashion and haute couture. Nothing has fundentally changed. The only thing that's changed is her style. But then, last week she walked into her apartment building wearing an outfit that looked like sheets of tin foil wrapped around her, so saying her style became more conventional is bit redundant as she is constantly evolving from day to day.

I get what the article is saying, I just think they're compartmentalising parts of her career when, in truth, she has always held those fashion ideologies and has always changed her look. As soon as her new era starts she will have another style, which will immediately date this article.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

djBuffoon
3 hours ago, FameHookah said:

But ARTPOP was like a bad parody of all gaga's eras...

The reaching. :sick: The inaccuracy. 

bayonse
3 hours ago, vertigostick said:

Misleading thread title.

Lock.

Ban?

lmao bye 

no more parties in LA

Archived