Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Poker Face, 4 different versions

Lumi

Featured Posts

ReidOne
1 hour ago, helxig said:

P p p poker face, p p f*uck her face :laughga:  it sounds much more apparent in this pitch.

"FX tilt up to stars" haha. Would've been interesting to see had they actually edited that in!

Completely agree on both points! I thought the same while listening. 

I also noticed that the "Ma ma ma ma" sample from Boney M's 70's hit "Ma Baker" is much clearer as well... I always thought Gaga used a re-recording, but hearing it at this pitch, it sounds like a direct sample of the Boney M vocal. Love it! 

For those who don't know Boney M, they are more than just a random 70's band... they were a pre-fabricated group who became HUGE in Europe at the time (RedOne would def remember their hits from his childhood; I would guess this sample was his idea). Put together by Frank Farian -- the same German producer who put together Milli Vanilli in the late 80's. And now that I think about it, I'm really showing my age... as many of you probably do not know who Milli Vanilli is either! But I do take solace knowing Gaga is about to join me in the "early 30's" club LOL.

ReidOne

Digging a bit deeper... (sorry to go off on my own tangent!)... Apparently "Ma Baker" was a massive hit across Europe, including #1 in Sweden where RedOne has lived since 1991. Looks like "Ma Baker" was a smash everywhere but North America (shocker).  

34xkppd.jpg

Archived