question

Unpopular Katy Perry opinions

yASSsss

Featured Posts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RadioIsOurs

She will look better blonde because her awful hair loss would be less obvious...

Eros92
On April 8, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Prismatic said:

I like you. 

And on top of that, you fancy the God of Pop, Carslay

Well thank you :hug:

Psychedelic

Let's say all we want about her, there's one thing that will keep us pressed forever on...

Her career is better handled than Gaga's / thread

GagasFilthyPop

'E.T.' and 'Hot N' Cold' was the best single off of her discography.

'Wide Awake' deserved a Grammy.

Katy should've never scrapped the idea for 'Prism' to be her dark and serious album.

'Roar' didn't not deserve to outsell and outchart 'Applause'.

The 'Applause' and 'G.U.Y.' music videos deserved the views that the 'Prism' era had.

I'll never understand why her greedy stans hate 'THIWD'. It was her best single off 'Prism'.

'International Smile' deserved to be a single.

"We could be caught, we're both convicted criminals of thought."

Eros92

(A) Katy Perry is a better album then OOTB

Hook Up and Long Shot shouldn't have been given to Kelly Clarkson

DrKindnessKunt1999

Her song "Believe" is a cute ballad  :D and I wished that it could have been remastered so that it would have apearred on "Prism", instead of Roar.

"Walking on Air" and "Legendary Lovers" deserved to be singles. (I know that WOA was a promotional single, but it deserves better like I said before.)

"Dark Horse" could have been way better without Juicy J. 

I didn't like "This is How We Do", but I don't think that it deserved as much hate as it got. 

"Peacock" is a bop.

"I Kissed a Girl" still annoys me. 

Her singing isn't as bad as everyone says that she is. Even though she's no Whitney, Mariah, Ella, or Gaga. 

I can't really imagine a collab with her and Gaga, even though I would be here for it :D

SISTERV

The slow songs on Prism like Spiritual, By The Grace of God, and Double Rainbow (from a critical, not commercial standpoint) saved the album from the treachery that is Dark Horse, This Is How We Do, Roar.

Birthday, Legendary Lovers, and Walking on Air are alright. 

The biggest problem I have with Katy is not that she has average vocals, it's that she doesn't make them better by trying to sound belty. She sings through her throat. And it comes off soulless. Her average voice could actually sound not so average if she weren't afraid of her flaws, her weird bellyness and tone, and her nuanced phrasing. It comes out every now and then, but it gets overshadowed by harpy shrilly and screams. 

If Katy made an acoustic album where her intent was to legitimately not give a **** about it having a hit, I could take her more seriously. By The Grace of God is her best song yet, but it was kind of her Heavy Metal Lover, being it was a potential sixth single that was performed once and then never saw the light of radio. 

One of the Boys - The Fame (breakout two hits, moderate two hits) 

Teenage Dream - The Fame Monster (both career peaks, TG being big in singles, TFM being big in singles and sales)

Prism - Born This Way (massive lead single off of last album hype, deteriorating single performance as each single roles out, although Prism saw a second number one, BTW only had one but kept most of the singles in the Top 10 with a #6, #3, and #8, and #12 while Katy's other three singles were pretty much disasters, #13, #24, #32, even ARTPOP's second single DWUW with no video out peaked Prism's second single, Unconditionally which had an epic video) 

KP4- ARTPOP .......if Katy tries the whole bubblegum catchy pop thing again, she will finally see backlash, especially since the Taylor Swift takeover, and also because Katy has taken a very long break similar to the break between BTW and ARTPOP). 

Katy could avoid this curse by doing something completely different, but either way is a risk. She could either be seen as trying to keep up with the kids (she's mid thirties now) if she pulls another pop album, or could be seen as boring commercially if she takes an acoustic route. 

In a way, Gaga was smart in from the beginning as branding herself as the weird girl, because artistically she can pretty much do whatever the **** she wants and people will accept it at some level and be willing to take it seriously. I'm not sure if Katy can do that, because her entire career has been rooted in catering to the Top 40, and there never has been kind of a question if she could go deeper.

it might have hurt Gaga on ARTPOP, but it helps Gaga in the long run. Which is honestly why I feel like it's a catch 22 for Katy, her next album could really damage her career unless it is one of the most brilliantly well done albums and completely shows she can both be innovative like she never has before, while also making music that caters to what is popular. Honestly, I don't see that happening considering Katy's resume is about as diverse as the McDonalds dollar menu. 

TimisaMonster

Katy deserves a Grammy...

Roar deserved to beat Applause...

Katy sings well live...

Katy writes all her music...

Etc... :awkney:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Here's something I'll never say ever, but fck it anyways. Katy's songs are more relatable than Gaga's.

00026 † 10000

Prismatic
5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Here's something I'll never say ever, but fck it anyways. Katy's songs are more relatable than Gaga's.

Numbers don't lie.

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Archived