Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would New Romantics have been a better lead single than Shake it Off?

Edonis

Featured Posts

littlepotter

New Romantics was my fav for so long. It's just so relaxing and beautiful and glitzy. But Shake it Off makes much more sense as a first single. Still, it should have been released way before now.

chaeri pls

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shake It Off is her worst single Imo its weak in production I think it sounds like a cheap and blander version of focus by Ariana Grande. Blank space is great and style is good bad blood is good and wildest dreams is ok but a bit boring after a while.

Illuminati

Shake it off had a very important part in 1989 success, with Blank Space it sort of altered peoples negative opinion of Taylor Swift, so I would say as a single it would have done best as a lead and it did. 

The only song I like from that album is Welcome to New York (and blank space).

But I've never seen anyone mentioning it :"(

Illuminati
9 minutes ago, Slappy said:

The only song I like from that album is Welcome to New York (and blank space).

But I've never seen anyone mentioning it :"(

I love them both but New Romantics is certainly a potential hit that was released too late. Prior to 1989 I couldn't even listen to TS music but this album was great.

20 minutes ago, BlTCH said:

I love them both but New Romantics is certainly a potential hit that was released too late. Prior to 1989 I couldn't even listen to TS music but this album was great.

I listened to the whole album and, although I dont like her music, I have to admit that it wasnt boring. In my opinion shake it off is just annoying but I was positive surprised with welcome to New York. If it was released as a single i could listen to it somehow :"(

Ps. I love trouble :")

Illuminati
1 hour ago, Slappy said:

I listened to the whole album and, although I dont like her music, I have to admit that it wasnt boring. In my opinion shake it off is just annoying but I was positive surprised with welcome to New York. If it was released as a single i could listen to it somehow :"(

yeah i like trouble too and did find shake it off kind of annoying after a while as well, i skip it every time. but it was a good lead single for her.

Edonis
1 hour ago, Slappy said:

Edonis
4 minutes ago, Klou said:

New Romantics is terrible. Worst single off 1989 so far.

:emma: We have very different tastes lmao. 

But I love it nonetheless. The only song on the album I can say I genuinely enjoy. 

Buddy

It's overrated trash

The lyrics just not come together, they are half ass, and the song musically is one of the most basic songs I have ever heard. We don't need more of this type of music. 

Craven Moorecox

I love how people are acting like Out of the Woods didn't happen:laughga:

The Impact!:awkney:

25 minutes ago, Sticky Gonzales said:

I love how people are acting like Out of the Woods didn't happen:laughga:

The Impact!:awkney:

Best video of the era :cool:

Edonis
1 hour ago, Buddy said:

It's overrated trash

The lyrics just not come together, they are half ass, and the song musically is one of the most basic songs I have ever heard. We don't need more of this type of music. 

Sis...no one was talking about if you liked the song. I guess reading is a struggle for some, but let me clarify. 

All I wanted to know was whether or not it should have been released as a lead single or earlier in the album process. 

If you don't like the song or the artist. Don't. Comment. 

Goodtimes12128

Yikes. Shake it off is classic...it's a wedding and bar mitzvah staple to this day

Archived