achievement

'The Countess" featured on "LGBT characters that got killed off" list

Supersonic

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evan Peters

just about every character from that season was killed off so implying she was killed because she was lgbt is pretty stupid 

emma roberts is an abuser

3 hours ago, Seeka said:

Also, I do think the trope applies even less, due to the amount of bisexuality in all vampires. And the countess always seemed to have a taste more towards men.

3 hours ago, Blue Jeans said:

Exactly like Gaga in real life :hor:

Didn't Gaga "come out" as straight during the ARTPOP era? I remember seeing it on Instagram and rolling my eyes so hard they almost fell out of my head.

Blue Jeans
1 hour ago, Void said:

Didn't Gaga "come out" as straight during the ARTPOP era? I remember seeing it on Instagram and rolling my eyes so hard they almost fell out of my head.

words from Gaga during the ARTPOPera

"You know what? It's not a lie that I am bisexual and I like women, and anyone that wants to twist this into 'she says she's bisexual for marketing,' this is a ****ing lie. This is who I am and who I have always been."

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

weed
4 hours ago, SEVDALIZA said:

I'm still pressed they didn't give her a more iconic death scene tbh.

esp with john, the worst character, being the one who killed her

Let's make a "straight characters that got killed off" list

It's as stupid as 'gay characters that got killed off"

kaojen

Omg I read that whole list. So morbid if you go through and read the causes of death

The site is kinda silly considering even the lesbian centered tv shows like to kill off their people. And that's by lesbian for lesbian lol

Like The L Word and Lip Service. 

The L Word one about Jenny made me giggle though. 

And I'm probably the only one on here that's seen that show :stalkga:

shoful
5 hours ago, Clip said:

Honestly

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

15 hours ago, Blue Jeans said:

words from Gaga during the ARTPOPera

"You know what? It's not a lie that I am bisexual and I like women, and anyone that wants to twist this into 'she says she's bisexual for marketing,' this is a ****ing lie. This is who I am and who I have always been."

That was during ARTPOP? Oh, cool, then! I just remember this post on instagram: http://www.inquisitr.com/1325970/lady-gaga-comes-out-for-pride-on-instagram/ and thinking what in the world. I hadn't heard anything since then so I just figured she was straight now.

kaojen
5 minutes ago, Void said:

That was during ARTPOP? Oh, cool, then! I just remember this post on instagram: http://www.inquisitr.com/1325970/lady-gaga-comes-out-for-pride-on-instagram/ and thinking what in the world. I hadn't heard anything since then so I just figured she was straight now.

Unleashing our gayness. 

She's referring to Tommy London and Tay as the straights. Our being a word that includes the speaker in possession she is not identifying herself as straight at all. 

I never understood the people that thought that meant she was straight. People need to really work on their grammar. 

2 minutes ago, kaojen said:

Unleashing our gayness. 

She's referring to Tommy London and Tay as the straights. Our being a word that includes the speaker in possession she is not identifying herself as straight at all. 

I never understood the people that thought that meant she was straight. People need to really work on their grammar. 

When I read this two years ago I totally thought she was saying she's straight, but now that I'm reading it again now and what you said all makes sense. If I'm remembering correctly, Gaga has had some weird grammar/spelling in the past so I probably just took it wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up, though! People always act like she's this straight woman using the queer community for profit and it always irritated me because like that article said, she's never been shy to talk about her sexuality.

Miel
15 hours ago, Clip said:

While I don't think The Countess' death applies to this particularly trope, you do know that queer characters are generally killed off more?

Especially queer movies, like...

3 points in and ready for more

RockySayTalk

I agree that she wasn't killed off because she was LGBT, but the fact remains that lesbian or bisexual females tend to have less happily ever afters and I can see that that would be a problem.

the case of the countess feels different though, because her sexuality was sort of used as a toy I feel as well, her lesbian or female interests never get as much attention or feel as real to a viewer, and I think that is due to the way they present it and narrate it. Which is why I feel like she's kind of out of place in that kind of list, though the character definitely does belong.

its interesting

PoshLife
On 3/11/2016 at 3:28 AM, Clip said:

Ah, the whining of the truly privileged.

LGBT characters are killed off disproportionally - that is, if we're lucky enough to get a gay character on a mainstream tv show. This article, like most from BuzzFeed, doesn't do a good job of talking about the actual issue. But gay characters on tv shows rarely get happy endings or get to lead normal lives. Let thyself be educated.

Diamond Heart
On 3/12/2016 at 2:15 AM, SEVDALIZA said:

I'm still pressed they didn't give her a more iconic death scene tbh.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will never forgive R.Murphy for this
all season i was looking forward to either an  absolutely beautiful death scene or an absolutely brutal one. 
Not shot by the worst character who had no motivation to kill her when PLENTY of other characters did. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Archived