đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did this bop by Madonna flop?

Kanye West

Featured Posts

Supersonic

No offense but the production on Ghosttown is basic and the auto-tuned vocals sound cheesy and distract from the entirety of the track. :shrug:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustAnotherDay

American radio has hated her since American Life, Hung Up is the only solo hit she has had since then. And then she didn't do that much promotion for it. Plus at this point ,simply because who she is, people don't really take her seriously, they just think she is some old has-been trying to cling to her fame.

was NickARTPOP

Yanko

"Don't pull the age card. She was in her early fifties during the Hard Candy era which was a huge success."

i got nothing :poot:

Madonna's vocals on her tracks become more grating and auto-tuned with each project.  She literally sounds like she gave up trying to lay down a decent vocal and phones it in knowing that it'll all be auto-tuned in the end.  I think this is part of why so many of her songs have flopped in the last 7 or 8 years.  Her voice just sounds unpleasant.  Even artists that don't have great voices are able to make their voice sound decent via more effort and more subtle auto-tune/production techniques.  Taylor Swift is one example.  She doesn't have a great live voice but is able to sound pretty good in the studio without super obvious auto-tune.

Whispering

It was the second single, after a debut single that didn't do well and from an album that wasn't selling well.

The song never caught on with streaming or on iTunes. There really was no incentive for radio stations to pick it up of play it much. 

mattyx

When I first heard Rebel Heart I instantly loved this song and thought it had the potential to be a big hit for her.   Not sure why it wasn't playing on radio :(

This is beautiful, such a meaningful, like a ROL Madonna, I think the GP wanted something like an old Madonna but they got the llyrics right but not the bass on some songs

feel the fever

andy232000
23 hours ago, mirandavlogz said:

Why didn't the song receive airplay?

i remember reading that radios just though she was "too old" for the "new listeners" so they just did not play her songs. but the queen remains unbothered and will shoot her Sold out tour dvd tomorrow 

What About Us

I love Ghosttown, but my favorite bops from Rebel Heart are Graffiti Heart, Bitch I'm Madonna, Living For Love and Illuminati.

Promise I'll always be there. Promise I'll be the cure.

JusKeepBreathin
23 hours ago, Klou said:

Radio won't play her songs, so people won't hear the song, so no one buys the song.

/end

There is always YouTube and streaming. It's was a failure there too. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived