'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

PoshLife

Utada's two new singles have gone on-sale and are currently at #1 and #2 on iTunes Japan.

Litsen to one of the full songs here: http://plusmiusiq.tumblr.com/post/142801294797/utada-hikaru-%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%8F%E3%81%AE%E9%80%9A%E3%82%8A%E9%9B%A8-manatsu-no-toori-ame

And here's the other: http://plusmiusiq.tumblr.com/post/142801282592/utada-hikaru-%E8%8A%B1%E6%9D%9F%E3%82%92%E5%90%9B%E3%81%AB-hanataba-wo-kimi-ni-a

Edit: Oh and apparently there are download links at those pages :gaycat: 

Edited by PoshLife
  • Like 3

PoshLife

When Utada's singles ascended to #1 and #2 on iTunes, they pushed Perfume's "Flash" down to #3 :toofunny: 

My iconic faves slaying the Japanese masses :giveup: 

Eighteen
5 hours ago, PoshLife said:

Utada's two new singles have gone on-sale and are currently at #1 and #2 on iTunes Japan.

Litsen to one of the full songs here: http://plusmiusiq.tumblr.com/post/142801294797/utada-hikaru-%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%8F%E3%81%AE%E9%80%9A%E3%82%8A%E9%9B%A8-manatsu-no-toori-ame

And here's the other: http://plusmiusiq.tumblr.com/post/142801282592/utada-hikaru-%E8%8A%B1%E6%9D%9F%E3%82%92%E5%90%9B%E3%81%AB-hanataba-wo-kimi-ni-a

Edit: Oh and apparently there are download links at those pages :gaycat: 

woooooooooooooooo 

PoshLife
10 minutes ago, hahahahahahahah said:

i personally like hanataba wo kimi ni better than the other one. but that might change as i listen to it more

I definitely agree. It's a really pretty song and I like that it has a beat. The other one is like reeeeeeally boring to me :laughga: But I've only listened to it all the way through once, I'll definitely give it more listens

I wish I knew when it would be on iTunes US. Like I'm trying to decide if I should download it illegally now, or just wait. I'm definitely purchasing it either way, but I want to know how long a wait it'll be haha

• Like 1

Eighteen
20 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

I definitely agree. It's a really pretty song and I like that it has a beat. The other one is like reeeeeeally boring to me :laughga: But I've only listened to it all the way through once, I'll definitely give it more listens

I wish I knew when it would be on iTunes US. Like I'm trying to decide if I should download it illegally now, or just wait. I'm definitely purchasing it either way, but I want to know how long a wait it'll be haha

i downloaded it now but i'll buy it when it's released on itunes too. i can't wait i need it mobile with me LOL

PoshLife
Just now, hahahahahahahah said:

i downloaded it now but i'll buy it when it's released on itunes too. i can't wait i need it mobile with me LOL

lol yeah I definitely feel you on that. Did you use the links I posted? Cuz I haven't tried them yet

I feel like Hanataba wo Kimi ni reminds me of a cross between Boku Wa Kuma and NijiIro Bus. It's hard to articulate why haha. It's just kinda cute and mid-tempo like those songs

Eighteen
1 hour ago, PoshLife said:

lol yeah I definitely feel you on that. Did you use the links I posted? Cuz I haven't tried them yet

I feel like Hanataba wo Kimi ni reminds me of a cross between Boku Wa Kuma and NijiIro Bus. It's hard to articulate why haha. It's just kinda cute and mid-tempo like those songs

yeah, i did haha. i tried googling earlier but i couldn't find anything. i'm not that resourceful.

but i can see why you would link it to those songs. it's definitely cute like boku wa kuma :P do you understand japanese? 

PoshLife
Just now, hahahahahahahah said:

yeah, i did haha. i tried googling earlier but i couldn't find anything. i'm not that resourceful.

but i can see why you would link it to those songs. it's definitely cute like boku wa kuma :P do you understand japanese? 

Kiiiind of. I took a few years of Japanese in college, but I don't really practice it anymore. So when I'm listening to songs I can recognize several words and know what they mean, but I usually can't string entire lines together.

Though a lot of Utada's songs just happen to have a lot of words I've learned, like "Flavor of Life" and "Letters." Her songs have been really good to listen to to test how much I've learned.

Eighteen
1 minute ago, PoshLife said:

Kiiiind of. I took a few years of Japanese in college, but I don't really practice it anymore. So when I'm listening to songs I can recognize several words and know what they mean, but I usually can't string entire lines together.

Though a lot of Utada's songs just happen to have a lot of words I've learned, like "Flavor of Life" and "Letters." Her songs have been really good to listen to to test how much I've learned.

yeah same. like boku wa kuma i could understand a good amount. my japanese used to be pretty good (like a 4 year old status) LOL but it's been like 3 years i know nothing now. i've also memorized what the lyrics mean in a couple of songs like heart station hehe

PoshLife
1 minute ago, hahahahahahahah said:

yeah same. like boku wa kuma i could understand a good amount. my japanese used to be pretty good (like a 4 year old status) LOL but it's been like 3 years i know nothing now. i've also memorized what the lyrics mean in a couple of songs like heart station hehe

Yeah at this point I know what a lot of her songs mean just by looking up translations haha.

What are your favorite songs of hers?

Eighteen
13 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Yeah at this point I know what a lot of her songs mean just by looking up translations haha.

What are your favorite songs of hers?

i think my favorite song (once i looked up the translation) is take 5. the lyrics are very spot on in terms of how i view happiness haha. it's on the same level as hikari (because of the lyrics too). in hikari i like it because it's so simple yet so truthful, let's eat something good, let's talk, she says, which is what i think are the best parts of life. 

i also like keep tryin. idk wtf she's saying but when i'm discouraged or something it picks me up. IDGAF I'LL KEEP TRYING EVERYONE KEEP ****ING TRYING LOL.

what about you?

edit:

oh and for hikari i prefer the utada united version over everything else.

Edited by hahahahahahahah

PoshLife
1 minute ago, hahahahahahahah said:

i think my favorite song (once i looked up the translation) is take 5. the lyrics are very spot on in terms of how i view happiness haha. it's on the same level as hikari (because of the lyrics too). in hikari i like it because it's so simple yet so truthful, let's eat something good, let's talk, she says, which is what i think are the best parts of life. 

i also like keep tryin. idk wtf she's saying but when i'm discouraged or something it picks me up. IDGAF I'LL KEEP TRYING EVERYONE KEEP ****ING TRYING LOL.

what about you?

It's so hard for me tbh :toofunny: Depending on my mood my favorite songs change. "Hikari" will always be a favorite because it's the song that introduced me to her. But I also love Letters, Tokyo Nights, Making Love, Keep Tryin', Be My Last, Flavor of Life, and Beautiful World.

See I can never pick 3-4 songs like a normal person LOL