Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

fashion monster
9 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

Oh yeah, it's sad actually. I don't remember who it was, but some korean drama actor or actress had his/her first kiss on set... like, in a scene...
It's so strange, since 90% of the kpop songs are about love, while most artists have never been in a relation or were forced to end them.

But don't many girls ship boys because that seems like the best option if they can't date them themselves? Which I kinda understand... 

Yeah, I'm aware of the Mamamoo ships (and so are they xD) But lesbihonest, I could totally see Moonbyul with a girl.

LOL! Fans and other members of BTS are teasing Jin because they say his first kiss was the one he had on the Blood Sweat & Tears MV with the statue. I don't know if it's true tho. 

But yes. I feel sorry for them. It's like they are only allowed to have a relationship if it helps to shut down rumors about their sexuality.

I can see basically anyone dating anyone “It’s not just sex. It’s love. It’s two people connecting…with four other people…and aliens.” - Warren, Suzanne, OITNB Season 3.

As for girls shipping boys, maybe that's the case for kpop fans but I know a lot of straight women how actually enjoy slash relationship more than het ones, even irl.

fashion monster

The slayage is real. Being no. 1 on the Billboard World Chart for the second week was not enough.

BTS Extend Chart Dominance: 'Wings' Spends 2nd Week on Billboard 200, 'Blood Sweat & Tears' Debuts on Canadian Hot 100

Wings spends a second week on the Billboard 200 this week, making the boy band the first K-pop act to have an entry chart for more than one week. While BTS is now the first K-pop act to spend a second week on the main Billboard 200 chart with the same album, it also means that BTS is the first K-pop act to spend four weeks on the Billboard 200 -- extending their lead over G-Dragon who has two weeks on the chart so far. BTS made their first appearance thanks to The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Pt. 2 EP spending one week on the chart in 2015 (peaking at No. 171), followed by The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever spending another week earlier this year (hitting No. 107), plus Wings' latest achievements.

:golfclap:

Martijn
1 minute ago, Taylor said:

4Minute's Jiyoon to have her solo debut with single "Day & Night" 0am KST November 2nd

Oh no, next month keeps getting better and better :excited2:

Martijn
1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Aren't they screenshots from the Whistle MV? :huh: 

It looks like they're in a car again, but I don't think Rosé had blue contacts in Whistle

Martijn
1 minute ago, fashion monster said:

nw7n2WS.jpeg

First MAMAMOO's comeback teaser. Wheein & Solar.

Oh no, looks like it could be a ballad :emma:

fashion monster
5 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

Oh no, looks like it could be a ballad :emma:

I hope it won't be. Maybe it's only for dramatic effect. But a ballad would match the description of them "abandoning" the funny girls concept and approaching a more mature/feminine one.

It actually reminds me of one of @Taylor favorites, WINGS' Hair Short.

Edited by fashion monster

Martijn
Just now, fashion monster said:

I hope it won't be. Maybe it's only for dramatic effect. But a ballad would match the description of them "abandoning" the funny girls concept and approaching a more mature/feminine one.

I'm already scared of how they'll force a rap verse in there...
Even if the title track is a ballad, I hope there will be some jams on the (mini)album... Well, New York has grown a lot on me and that will probably be on there, right? They can keep Dab Dab and that other song tho :nails:

Martijn

I.O.I won on Show Champion today!
I didn't think BTS could be beat by anyone, but they did it. This is their first win as the whole group, right? Let's hope they manage to get some more before they disband :emma:

fashion monster
1 minute ago, MartijnMonster said:

I.O.I won on Show Champion today!
I didn't think BTS could be beat by anyone, but they did it. This is their first win as the whole group, right? Let's hope they manage to get some more before they disband :emma:

:sara: I really like Very Very Very. It's probably my favorite I.O.I's song.

Spoiler

Shame on me but I'm not a big fan of Whatta Man :nails: