💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

fashion monster
4 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

He's so cute :wub: and handsome :hor: I think he's my bias fo' realz now... Kai is still close, but Lay is everything.

Hide contents

I also blame this video

:deadbanana: what was he trying to say?? He's funny too.

I try to choose my biases but I'm a ***** and end up loving multiple people at the same time.

Do you have any particular ship? With Lay.

PopReaper
12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I am from Scotland haha :)

Oh! I just remembered :emma: I also still watch Once Upon a Time @PopReaper but I haven't watched the latest episode yet... (It's sitting on my desktop just waiting to be played, but... not feeling it right now :flop:)

I'll give them a Google!

I think it's also because I don't actually have a TV :emma:
I used to have one in my room, but when I moved I didn't bother taking it with me since I never actually used it. I just download everything (super legit and legally, of course ;)).
I watch the odd BBC documentary every now and again - and tbh there would probably be tons of stuff if I actually looked into it. 

Oh! I do have one UK show I watch (I think it's like a British/American show tho? :huh:) which is Humans (I think it starts again soon), which is odd for me because I really don't like sci-fi things. I did like the first season tho, so I'll watch season 2 whenever it starts (inb4 it's already started :flop:)

Are you Italian? I just... er... Assumed you were Italian cause your profile said Italy :emma:

I still haven't finished Season 5 :emma:

EDIT: And I kinda dropped Scream Queens too :emma: Only watched the first 2 episodes and didn't like them as much, but I might catch up.... after the national exams :emma:

-

Has anyone watched the new season of Black Mirror? It's so good :giveup:

Edited by PopReaper
Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Martijn
Just now, fashion monster said:

:deadbanana: what was he trying to say?? He's funny too.

I try to choose my biases but I'm a ***** and end up loving multiple people at the same time.

Do you have any particular ship? With Lay.

Besides myself? :hor: #Martay or #Martixing :creepflop:
But actually, no, not really... I don't have any ships in K-pop actually... But maybe Sehun+Lay, since that could actually happen? :hor:

2 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

Anyone here into British or Scandinavian crime/police series? I think I've watched most of them over the last couple of years... Silent Witness, DCI Banks, the Killing, the Bridge, Inspector Winter, Irene Huss, Wallander, Beck, Jordskott, the Protectors, Broadchurch, Waking the Dead, Taggart,...

I'm still devastated Castle got cancelled :crossed:
I binge watched 97 episodes of that show in like 3 weeks :rip: 

fashion monster
1 minute ago, MartijnMonster said:

Anyone here into British or Scandinavian crime/police series? I think I've watched most of them over the last couple of years... Silent Witness, DCI Banks, the Killing, the Bridge, Inspector Winter, Irene Huss, Wallander, Beck, Jordskott, the Protectors, Broadchurch, Waking the Dead, Taggart,...

I watched Humans (even tho it's not a crime. Well, a little bit.) and Trapped. I want to watch them but I have no time. Since I started to follow kpop I have little time for tv shows. And it's a shame:giveup:.

Btw, you should watch Trapped if you haven't yet. It's Icelandic but very good.

Martijn
Just now, Taylor said:

I'm still devastated Castle got cancelled :crossed:
I binge watched 97 episodes of that show in like 3 weeks :rip: 

Haven't seen it. I don't really like American crime series... Or American series in general actually. I tried AHS:Hotel for Gaga but couldn't bother finishing it.
Wait, I take that back, I watched all of '24' and 'Prison Break', but that's all

Martijn
3 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

Btw, you should watch Trapped if you haven't yet. It's Icelandic but very good.

I might, after I've finished the series I'm currently watching :sweat:

Martijn

Strange question, but it's more on-topic than what we were currently talking about :sweat:
Do you guys have strange obsessions since you've got into K-pop? Or different beauty goals/ideals?

I'm asking because I realized I suddenly really love straight eyebrows :sweat: I don't really have to pluck mine, but I kinda want to see how they'd look on me... But then I look up pictures of white people with straight eyebrows and... meh.. better not. 

Edited by MartijnMonster

fashion monster
5 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

Has anyone watched the new season of Black Mirror? It's so good :giveup:

Again, I want to but I have no time. I actually still have to watch the previous seasons.

5 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

Besides myself? :hor: #Martay or #Martixing :creepflop:
But actually, no, not really... I don't have any ships in K-pop actually... But maybe Sehun+Lay, since that could actually happen? :hor:

Oh boy, I ship everyone. In a couple of month I'm sure I'll be reading tons of fan fictions.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

My TV watching criteria is basically if there is a hot female main character, I'll watch it :rip: 

Shameless has a lot of boobs. And The Royals is super trashy but with a couple of hot chicks

fashion monster
4 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

Strange question, but it's more on-topic than what we were currently talking about :sweat:
Do you guys have strange obsessions since you've got into K-pop? Or different beauty goals/ideals?

I'm asking because I realized I suddenly really love straight eyebrows :sweat: I don't really have to pluck mine, but I kinda want to see how they'd look on me... But then I look up pictures of white people with straight eyebrows and... meh.. better not. 

It's probably a bit racist but I suddenly found myself more sexually attracted to Asians. 

Edit: not that I wasn't before, it's just more accentuated nowadays.

Edited by fashion monster

Martijn
Just now, fashion monster said:

Oh boy, I ship everyone. In a couple of month I'm sure I'll be reading tons of fan fictions.

I only know that Kaisoo is a thing on Tumblr and it would be great if it was true. But since it's more normal for boys to be affectionate towards each other in Korea, I think us western fans look into it too quickly...
I just wish there would actually be openly gay couples in K-pop instead of making them up myself :sweat:

Martijn
2 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

It's probably a bit racist but I suddenly found myself more sexually attracted to Asians. 

Edit: not that I wasn't before, it's just more accentuated nowadays.

Oh yeah, me too, totally.. :classy:

fashion monster
1 minute ago, MartijnMonster said:

I only know that Kaisoo is a thing on Tumblr and it would be great if it was true. But since it's more normal for boys to be affectionate towards each other in Korea, I think us western fans look into it too quickly...
I just wish there would actually be openly gay couples in K-pop instead of making them up myself :sweat:

Definitely, plus the whole situation. Young males full of hormones living together and basically not allowed to date girls. And the most surprising thing is that girls are actually rooting for those couples.  YouTube is full of fan service videos and cute couple moments for every group. 

MAMAMOO's Moonbyul loves to slap asses and squeeze them.

Martijn
5 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

Definitely, plus the whole situation. Young males full of hormones living together and basically not allowed to date girls. And the most surprising thing is that girls are actually rooting for those couples.  YouTube is full of fan service videos and cute couple moments for every group. 

MAMAMOO's Moonbyul loves to slap asses and squeeze them.

Oh yeah, it's sad actually. I don't remember who it was, but some korean drama actor or actress had his/her first kiss on set... like, in a scene...
It's so strange, since 90% of the kpop songs are about love, while most artists have never been in a relation or were forced to end them.

But don't many girls ship boys because that seems like the best option if they can't date them themselves? Which I kinda understand... 

Yeah, I'm aware of the Mamamoo ships (and so are they xD) But lesbihonest, I could totally see Moonbyul with a girl.