💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

So since Japanese singles are usually released to radio a couple of weeks before the physical single is out/on iTunes etc. I guess we'll be getting the "short version" music video of f(x)'s "COWBOY" soon? :emma: 

Martijn
14 hours ago, Taylor said:

@MartijnMonster apparenly KPOP DB is no longer doing unboxing videos :emma: he says it in a comment on one of the BTS video, but he is still uploading videos after it :rip:

The newest videos all look to be promo CDs - so maybe he's only unboxing those he gets for free 

But, on his 'about' page is still lists like Ladies' Code, TWICE etc as upcoming unboxing :spin: 

Odd, I also noticed he doesn't put 'GIVEAWAY' in the titles anymore, but he's still giving them away I believe. But tbh I don't really watch his videos a lot anymore... Sometimes he's so uncareful, which makes me incredibly nervous :sweat:

14 hours ago, fashion monster said:

I'm so happy with BTS' album that I completely forgot about the subunit :flop:. But when I read about it I had mixed opinions. I honestly prefer to have solo tracks by them than subunit projects. I don't know why. As for the songs being ballads, again, mixed opinions. I sometimes really love a good ballad, as a matter of fact I recently discovered that I really like a boy group when I enjoy their slower songs. EXO is the exception. Maybe I didn't paid much attention to all of their other songs but I still have to fall in love with the rest of their discography. Sometimes I think that they're more single type of boy group to me, which is fine, it doesn't mean that they are not good. Maybe they haven't done their best album yet according to my taste. So, this could be their chance, even if it's only a subunit. But I'll feel bad if I won't like not even a song. The OST they did for Scarlet Heart (that I plan to watch as soon as it ends) would be good if it wasn't for the "tara-tararara" parts, especially in the beginning. Hopefully they will pull a Yuri x Seohyun type of single and leave everyone gagging.

I listened to EXO's 2 latest albums (+ their repackages) and I really like their album tracks usually. I'm just not a fan of Korean ballads in general, I tend to skip them (even for my favorite artists)... Ooh, Taemin's Sayonara Hitori/Goodbye is an exception, I looove that song.
I feel like we're entering a season where many lead singles will be ballads (the colder it gets, the slower the songs will get), which I'm not looking forward to.
If the subunit was Chen, Baekhyun and DO we'd know for sure it would be a ballad, but since Xiumin is in there I still have hope...
What would be your ideal EXO subunit btw? There are so many good options. I'd really like a dancer line subunit (Lay, Kai, Sehun) with Lay as the lead singer, Sehun as the lead rapper and Kai as the leader/visual :emma: 

About the MAMAMOO news, I'm not it's nothing serious. And at least their management takes proper care of them... unlike ''you-know-who''

Ooh, and about I.O.I., I like it better than I expected. I think my first listen should be the audio only tho, because I know I won't like the MV that much already :toofunny:

Edited by MartijnMonster

fashion monster
20 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

I listened to EXO's 2 latest albums (+ their repackages) and I really like their album tracks usually. I'm just not a fan of Korean ballads in general, I tend to skip them (even for my favorite artists)... Ooh, Taemin's Sayonara Hitori/Goodbye is an exception, I looove that song.
I feel like we're entering a season where many lead singles will be ballads (the colder it gets, the slower the songs will get), which I'm not looking forward to.
If the subunit was Chen, Baekhyun and DO we'd know for sure it would be a ballad, but since Xiumin is in there I still have hope...
What would be your ideal EXO subunit btw? There are so many good options. I'd really like a dancer line subunit (Lay, Kai, Sehun) with Lay as the lead singer, Sehun as the lead rapper and Kai as the leader/visual :emma: 

About the MAMAMOO news, I'm not it's nothing serious. And at least their management takes proper care of them... unlike ''you-know-who''

Ooh, and about I.O.I., I like it better than I expected. I think my first listen should be the audio only tho, because I know I won't like the MV that much already :toofunny:

EXO subunit: Sehun💕- Chanyeol - D.O. - Lay

Spoiler

A week ago I think I would have Kai instead of Lay:emma:

D.O. could be replaced by Xiumin.

I still can't get over the fact that Xiumin is the oldest of the group, even older than me:duck:. He looks like 12 yo.

Small companies seem to take more care of their members.

After watching a couple of dramas I'm starting to get over the aegyo thing. Sure, when it's too much it's too much, but I kinda enjoy it now especially if the song is not smth that would be played in a kindergarten. But I think I'm still at the point of judging song by song, MV by MV. The colorfulness of the teaser reminds me of Red Velvet, so I think I'll have fun.

Martijn
2 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

EXO subunit: Sehun💕- Chanyeol - D.O. - Lay

Reveal hidden contents

A week ago I think I would have Kai instead of Lay:emma:

D.O. could be replaced by Xiumin.

I still can't get over the fact that Xiumin is the oldest of the group, even older than me:duck:. He looks like 12 yo.

Small companies seem to take more care of their members.

After watching a couple of dramas I'm starting to get over the aegyo thing. Sure, when it's too much it's too much, but I kinda enjoy it now especially if the song is not smth that would be played in a kindergarten. But I think I'm still at the point of judging song by song, MV by MV. The colorfulness of the teaser reminds me of Red Velvet, so I think I'll have fun.

That would be a fun subunit too! D.O. is an odd addition, but he doesn't really fit in EXO in general... I mean, he's obviously very talented, he's just idk... You probably know what I mean

I don't mind aegyo, but to me it's too much very quickly. Especially when it seems forced. But I watch MAMAMOO compilations all the time, because they're genuinely funny and cute to me.
I think it would just distract me from the song in I.O.I's case, but if I like the song I'll obviously watch the MV too, just not for the first listen.

Martijn

Boombayah's MV hit 50 million views :golfclap: 
Very impressive with the limited amount of promo they were given :giggle:

f361f21d3387e93a14db8eb8c6befc5e73f200ee

Spoiler

Now celebrate by watching the MV again :hor:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MartijnMonster said:

Odd, I also noticed he doesn't put 'GIVEAWAY' in the titles anymore, but he's still giving them away I believe. But tbh I don't really watch his videos a lot anymore... Sometimes he's so uncareful, which makes me incredibly nervous :sweat:

Yeah, he's started putting 'no giveaway' as the description too :emma: 

Maybe he pre-ordered the albums before hand, so will stop after these ones? Idk... 
His unboxing are so long and slow, but I liked to have a quick skim through them to see what the packaging was like and what albums included :emma:

And yeah - he's definitely not very careful... On a lot of videos it looks like he kinda folds pages as he goes through them and I'm like "nooooo" nooo.gif

Martijn
Just now, Taylor said:

Yeah, he's started putting 'no giveaway' as the description too :emma: 

Maybe he pre-ordered the albums before hand, so will stop after these ones? Idk... 
His unboxing are so long and slow, but I liked to have a quick skim through them to see what the packaging was like and what albums included :emma:

And yeah - he's definitely not very careful... On a lot of videos it looks like he kinda folds pages as he goes through them and I'm like "nooooo" nooo.gif

Yeah, it's kinda annoying... That's why I prefer Tina's unboxings, because she's super careful (possibly because she didn't get the albums for free like he does) 
I also haven't entered a giveaway of his for a long time and when I did it had to reach a certain milestone before he'd give it away, but then it never did...

1 hour ago, MartijnMonster said:

Yeah, it's kinda annoying... That's why I prefer Tina's unboxings, because she's super careful (possibly because she didn't get the albums for free like he does) 
I also haven't entered a giveaway of his for a long time and when I did it had to reach a certain milestone before he'd give it away, but then it never did...

Does Tina not get free albums anymore? I know she used to get like 10 a month for free from KTOWN4U but I actually haven't seen her do any of those 'hauls' for a while now :huh: 

Martijn
4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Does Tina not get free albums anymore? I know she used to get like 10 a month for free from KTOWN4U but I actually haven't seen her do any of those 'hauls' for a while now :huh: 

No, I think she said KTOWN4U wanted to change something (something about a contract or something) that she didn't agree with. So now she buys everything herself.