💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Guys... I'm having a (not really) crisis :emma:

With the HeeJin girl from the LOOΠΔ girl group, I don't know whether to put her single under "HeeJin" on my collection spreadsheet or under "LOOΠΔ".

My head is telling me to put it under "HeeJin" since I don't put other soloists from groups together (like, I don't put TaeYeon and Tiffany under Girls' Generation).

But, since she hasn't debuted yet, I kinda just want to put it under "LOOΠΔ" :emma:
And then after all 12 singles have been released, they can all be together on the spreadsheet :emma: 

Idk :flop: 

If TWICE's comeback album is "Lane 1", does anyone else think it might be a full length album?

Seems strange since their 2nd mini was called "Page Two" :huh: 

Martijn
1 hour ago, fashion monster said:

Woooow! That MV is gorgeous! Very beautiful!
I'm not feeling the song (yet), the chorus bothers me a little bit.
I can't at Suga playing the organ tho, he's not even trying to make it look real :toofunny:

PoshLife
1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Guys... I'm having a (not really) crisis :emma:

With the HeeJin girl from the LOOΠΔ girl group, I don't know whether to put her single under "HeeJin" on my collection spreadsheet or under "LOOΠΔ".

My head is telling me to put it under "HeeJin" since I don't put other soloists from groups together (like, I don't put TaeYeon and Tiffany under Girls' Generation).

But, since she hasn't debuted yet, I kinda just want to put it under "LOOΠΔ" :emma:
And then after all 12 singles have been released, they can all be together on the spreadsheet :emma: 

Idk :flop: 

Personally I'd put the group name first, then the solo artist's name. So when you have all the solo singles, "Loona - HeeJin" would come alphabetically before "Loona - Nayoung" (to make up a name for a sec). and the group's stuff would be before the soloists' stuff. That way everything is together but acknowledges the solo stuff as distinct from the group stuff. So to give a real example,

SNSD [all of the group stuff]
SNSD - Taeyeon [all her solo releases]
SNSD - Tiffany [all her solo releases]
SNSD - Yuri [all her solo releases]

But since you don't do that for other groups, it might be weird to do it for just this new one.

fashion monster
2 hours ago, BurqaSwg said:

:giveup: based on the teaser this is not what I was expecting (musically) 

i love it tho 

Me too

1 hour ago, MartijnMonster said:

Woooow! That MV is gorgeous! Very beautiful!
I'm not feeling the song (yet), the chorus bothers me a little bit.
I can't at Suga playing the organ tho, he's not even trying to make it look real :toofunny:

That's weird since he's actually able to do it.

56 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

But since you don't do that for other groups, it might be weird to do it for just this new one.

Yeah, I'm left handed... I do everything backwards, apparently.

Like 99% of K-Pop collections I've seen, everything has been in release order by artist (I'm sure I've posted about this before :rip:), so like for Ailee it would be:

Invitation > A's Doll House > Magazine > VIVID > A New Empire

But I do Albums > Mini Album > Singles, so I'd go 

VIVID > Invitation > A's Doll House > Magazine > A New Empire

:emma::flop: 

@PoshLife you have one of the retina MacBook Pro's right?

In iTunes does your artwork look kinda blurry? Like, as if it wasn't a retina image, and just a normal screen quality.
I swear mine has been like that in iTunes since I got this computer over 4 years ago, and it seems odd they wouldn't have fixed it by now. Maybe my laptop is just being weird or something. :emma: 

Example here - the artwork (the text on it in particular) looks kinda pixelated - but it's not the actual image file cause it's like a 3000x3000 iTunes HQ cover :emma:

It really pisses me off :rip: 

Just now, Viola said:

Yas excited for both :giveup:

I'm especially excited for Ladies' Code - the only annoying thing is their new mini album will have all 3 tracks from their "MYST3RY" single. So instead of maybe 6 new songs, we get 3.

I'd be okay with it if they were the remixed "MYST3Re" versions (since they weren't released physically) but I can't see it happening :emma: 

PoshLife
19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

@PoshLife you have one of the retina MacBook Pro's right?

In iTunes does your artwork look kinda blurry? Like, as if it wasn't a retina image, and just a normal screen quality.
I swear mine has been like that in iTunes since I got this computer over 4 years ago, and it seems odd they wouldn't have fixed it by now. Maybe my laptop is just being weird or something. :emma: 

Example here - the artwork (the text on it in particular) looks kinda pixelated - but it's not the actual image file cause it's like a 3000x3000 iTunes HQ cover :emma:

It really pisses me off :rip: 

I do have a retina yeah. I'm not having that problem though.

Here's a comparison (yours on the left, mine on the right). I can definitely see the difference. My pop-up player thing (when you double click on an album artwork in iTunes) actually won't get any bigger than it is in this image. Like when I try to make the window bigger it won't expand. So I guess I have my own problems :emma: 

SGdX2Ga.jpg

Just now, PoshLife said:

I do have a retina yeah. I'm not having that problem though.

Here's a comparison (yours on the left, mine on the right). I can definitely see the difference. My pop-up player thing (when you double click on an album artwork in iTunes) actually won't get any bigger than it is in this image. Like when I try to make the window bigger it won't expand. So I guess I have my own problems :emma: 

SGdX2Ga.jpg

I'm gonna put it down to some bug in the original models :emma:
Put my mind at rest. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. I've wiped the OS off this computer so many times, it's had almost 4.5 years of updates to macOS and iTunes. 

It can only be some obscure hardware issue. Maybe. :emma: 

25 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm especially excited for Ladies' Code - the only annoying thing is their new mini album will have all 3 tracks from their "MYST3RY" single. So instead of maybe 6 new songs, we get 3.

I'd be okay with it if they were the remixed "MYST3Re" versions (since they weren't released physically) but I can't see it happening :emma: 

Whaaaat only three new songs :deadbanana:

Pantsu Nugeru Mon | Have Some Bi Rain

Just now, Viola said:

Whaaaat only three new songs :deadbanana:

I think so :( - I don't think the full track list has been announced yet though

Inb4 it's only 5 songs total, and so only 2 new songs :emma: 

I Googled (:rip:) and it's supposed to be 6 songs total with 3 new songs. 

I also learned that "MYST3RY" and "STRANG3R" are part of a series. There will be one more part, to make 3 releases :emma: 

Inb4 the 3rd release is a full album with 9 tracks, 6 of which are the already released songs - so only 3 new songs again :emma: