'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

fashion monster
Just now, MartijnMonster said:

What? How? :giveup: Did you recognize the show?
And yeah, I was hoping for a longer version :toofunny:
But thank you for helping me! You're too kind!

You're welcome!

First of all I'm bored and have nothing to do so I decided to search the video. I searched which were the tv programs she took part, excluded all the ones that weren't from KBS or KBS2, then googled Hyoyeon + the name of the shows. On Google images found this: invincible-youth-2-iy2-hyoyeon-sunny-1.j

that is basically the same hair and outfit from the gif. At this point it was obvious the show was Invincible Youth 2. I almost gave up at this point because there are 46 episodes, each one an hour long, but I continued. The first episodes they were all wearing coats so I skipped some episodes and started watching the thumbnails that appear on the time bar. When I found the episode where she was wearing these clothes it was only a matter of time before finding the exact moment.:hug:

• Like 1

Martijn
31 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Okay... Here we go...

Hide contents

There is actually a story before the story :emma:

I can't remember if I told you before, but my original username here was "HyoYeon". In, I want to say October 2013, I made a Girls' Generation thread (as they were the only K-Pop group that I listened to at the time, so I didn't make a full "K-Pop Thread"). 

On the forums we used to have a "top posters" section where you could see how many posts people had made in the last 24 hours. We also used to have our post count displayed underneath our username (now called "content count" on your profile). I was at 3,580 posts and wanted to try and get to 4,000.

Nobody that posted in the Girls' Generation thread (literally K-Pop thread posters minus @PoshLife) was online and I was really bored. I wanted to get to 4,000 posts as quickly as possible so I created a second account (which is against the rules) @Yuri.

In one browser I was logged on as myself, and in the other I was logged on as Yuri. I pretended to post as Yuri as someone who was fairly new to SNSD and I chatted with myself all day. I eventually reached 4,000 posts (I think I posted over 600 times between the two accounts that day) and became number one on the daily top posters.

Later on, when others came online, they also started chatting to Yuri (believing it was an actual other person) and I commented back :toofunny:

We also had (and maybe still do?) an emoticon competition - where every month people could submit a gif. One of them would win and be turned into an official GGD emoticon for one month. At the end of the month, a vote was held to keep or remove the emoticon forever. 

I "won" that month with the gif of HyoYeon you posted and :hyo: became an emoticon.

Then, when the time came to vote for it to say or be removed - it wasn't doing too great. But eventually the keep votes really outnumbered the remove. 

I had made tons of duplicate accounts to vote for keep and eventually got caught lmao.gif

So :hyo: was removed, all the dupes were banned including @Yuri and I was given 3 warning points haha

Amazing lmao.gif

Spoiler

I once made a 2nd account too to make Aura win in one of those threads where you have to +1 and -1 songs :emma:

12 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

You're welcome!

First of all I'm bored and have nothing to do so I decided to search the video. I searched which were the tv programs she took part, excluded all the ones that weren't from KBS or KBS2, then googled Hyoyeon + the name of the shows. On Google images found this: invincible-youth-2-iy2-hyoyeon-sunny-1.j

that is basically the same hair and outfit from the gif. At this point it was obvious the show was Invincible Youth 2. I almost gave up at this point because there are 46 episodes, each one an hour long, but I continued. The first episodes they were all wearing coats so I skipped some episodes and started watching the thumbnails that appear on the time bar. When I found the episode where she was wearing these clothes it was only a matter of time before finding the exact moment.:hug:

I feel so lazy now! 
But again, thank you :D

PoshLife
1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Okay... Here we go...

Hide contents

There is actually a story before the story :emma:

I can't remember if I told you before, but my original username here was "HyoYeon". In, I want to say October 2013, I made a Girls' Generation thread (as they were the only K-Pop group that I listened to at the time, so I didn't make a full "K-Pop Thread"). 

On the forums we used to have a "top posters" section where you could see how many posts people had made in the last 24 hours. We also used to have our post count displayed underneath our username (now called "content count" on your profile). I was at 3,580 posts and wanted to try and get to 4,000.

Nobody that posted in the Girls' Generation thread (literally K-Pop thread posters minus @PoshLife) was online and I was really bored. I wanted to get to 4,000 posts as quickly as possible so I created a second account (which is against the rules) @Yuri.

In one browser I was logged on as myself, and in the other I was logged on as Yuri. I pretended to post as Yuri as someone who was fairly new to SNSD and I chatted with myself all day. I eventually reached 4,000 posts (I think I posted over 600 times between the two accounts that day) and became number one on the daily top posters.

Later on, when others came online, they also started chatting to Yuri (believing it was an actual other person) and I commented back :toofunny:

We also had (and maybe still do?) an emoticon competition - where every month people could submit a gif. One of them would win and be turned into an official GGD emoticon for one month. At the end of the month, a vote was held to keep or remove the emoticon forever. 

I "won" that month with the gif of HyoYeon you posted and :hyo: became an emoticon.

Then, when the time came to vote for it to say or be removed - it wasn't doing too great. But eventually the keep votes really outnumbered the remove. 

I had made tons of duplicate accounts to vote for keep and eventually got caught lmao.gif

So :hyo: was removed, all the dupes were banned including @Yuri and I was given 3 warning points haha

Untitled-1_zps408a20e6.png

PoshLife
14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

:legend: 

I love how you made that quote your signature, then I made your signature of it my signature (this image) :lmao: 

Just now, PoshLife said:

I love how you made that quote your signature, then I made your signature of it my signature (this image) :lmao: 

Signatureception... Back when we could have images as our signature fat.png

PoshLife
10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Signatureception... Back when we could have images as our signature fat.png

You mean you don't like the one line of grey text with no options for html or hyperlinking?

22 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

You mean you don't like the one line of grey text with no options for html or hyperlinking?

I do actually :toofunny: keeps everything nice and simple

And nobody moaning that it's only 500 x 100 pixels 

OMG AHAHAH

Remember when I found a way to make your signature any size :toofunny:

God I should be banned from this site

PoshLife
Just now, Taylor said:

I do actually :toofunny: keeps everything nice and simple

And nobody moaning that it's only 500 x 100 pixels 

OMG AHAHAH

Remember when I found a way to make your signature any size :toofunny:

God I should be banned from this site

HAHAHA I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. omg good thing we have friends on the mod team cuz :smh: 

And I think it was @FATCAT who figured out a way to put in gif signatures by making them slow enough that nobody noticed and removed them

• Like 1

Just now, PoshLife said:

HAHAHA I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. omg good thing we have friends on the mod team cuz :smh: 

And I think it was @FATCAT who figured out a way to put in gif signatures by making them slow enough that nobody noticed and removed them

Yeah... Good old times :toofunny: 

FATCAT
41 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

HAHAHA I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. omg good thing we have friends on the mod team cuz  

I got it a signature to blink every 20 seconds, it was marvelous

Purr more, hiss less.

PopReaper

Found the Monster demo in HQ

:giveup::giveup:

Edited by PopReaper
Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"