Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Translation of SM's statement

This is SM Entertainment.

We are sorry to deliver grievous news that makes everyone's heart ache.

On December 18, SHINee member Jonghyun suddenly left our side.

He was discovered unconscious at a residence in Cheongdam, Seoul and was transferred to a university hospital nearby, but was declared dead on the evening of the 18th.

Our sadness cannont compare to his immediate family's who lost a beloved son and dongsaeng, however, SHINee members who spent a long time with him and our SM Entertainment colleague artists and employees are mourning his death amidst huge shock and sadness.

Jonghyun was the ultimate artist, who loved music more than anyone and always put in his best efforts on stage.

Our heart aches even more delivering this sad news to fans who gave unconditional love to Jonghyun.

We earnestly ask everyone refrain from rumors and speculations as his immediate family, who have fallen into great sadness at the sudden sad news, are mourning the death of their loved one.

The plan is to have the quietest possible funeral with family and company colleagues, according to the wishes of his immediate family.

Once again, sending deep condolences on the final path of the deceased.

• Sad 1

PopReaper

His final letter was published on Instagram by Dear Cloud Nine, a friend of his, but there's still no translation. God, this is so sad, I don't wanna read it at all :(

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

I am so shocked at this rn. May Jonghyun rest in peace, and may his family, the Shinee members, and their fanbase find comfort in this time. I can't even fathom this rn.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

fashion monster
13 hours ago, PopReaper said:

His final letter was published on Instagram by Dear Cloud Nine, a friend of his, but there's still no translation. God, this is so sad, I don't wanna read it at all :(

I read it multiple times already (because the first translations didn't make a lot of sense) and it's not just sad and painful, it also made me uncomfortable as a fan somehow. So if you don't feel like, don't read it. It won't bring you any sense of closure  or relief.:wacko:

PopReaper
1 hour ago, fashion monster said:

I read it multiple times already (because the first translations didn't make a lot of sense) and it's not just sad and painful, it also made me uncomfortable as a fan somehow. So if you don't feel like, don't read it. It won't bring you any sense of closure  or relief.:wacko:

Yeah, I've read it a couple of times and it's definitely very tough to get through. I hope SM can release his album somehow and donate the profits to mental health-related programs or foundations, it'd be better than having Lonely/this letter/etc be the last memory of him for the public and the fans :/  

Martijn

I'm worried for Taeyeon... she ended her instagram post with ''I'll make sure you're not lonely''.
She's already had a tough year before this, so I can't even imagine how she's feeling right now :giveup:
I need someone to stay with her 24/7 :(

fashion monster
5 minutes ago, Martijn said:

I'm worried for Taeyeon... she ended her instagram post with ''I'll make sure you're not lonely''.
She's already had a tough year before this, so I can't even imagine how she's feeling right now :giveup:
I need someone to stay with her 24/7 :(

:saladga:

I've just read her post and, a couple hours ago, that thread about SM's artists. And all these lyrics and interviews from Jonghyun... I can't help but compare them with what a lot of other idols have been saying.

I think I won't be able to listen to Till It Happens to You again. Now it has a whole nother meaning that I never paid attention to.

Martijn
1 minute ago, fashion monster said:

:saladga:

I've just read her post and, a couple hours ago, that thread about SM's artists. And all these lyrics and interviews from Jonghyun... I can't help but compare them with what a lot of other idols have been saying.

I think I won't be able to listen to Till It Happens to You again. Now it has a whole nother meaning that I never paid attention to.

What happened is so tragic, but it has opened my eyes. I obviously knew about how draining being an idol can be, but I didn't know about Korea's suicide rate and their view on mental illnesses.
I truly hope it has opened SM's eyes too and that they'll provide mental health care to their trainees and artists, because that thread of their artists who hinted at mental illnesses before is too long.
I wish I could just hop on a plane to Korea and do something about it, because I feel so useless.

• Like 1

I don't know who this artist is, but I love how they blurred the album cover on the packaging details... but they also already released the artwork lmao.gif 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Taylor

PopReaper
20 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I really like her song tho :music:

she did a song w/ Cheetah and Yenny last year!:

a bop