💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Looks like Gaga isn't the only chameleon in music…

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

Chromatislaps
8 minutes ago, HEARTHUNTER said:

Madonna had some changes during the 90s but it wasn't as drastic and shocking as Gaga. This isn't being a chameleon to me tbh.

Gaga is a chameleon, especially in the way she looks and that epic transition from TF to TFM and from TFM to BTW in her music.

the change from Erotica to bedtime stories to Evita and eventually Ray Of Light was VERY drastic. She basically went from an erotic themed album followed by a controversial book (SEX) to a mature, well versed, moody themed album (ROL). I can't remember a comeback that saved a career that well, aside from Gaga's recent rise back to the top.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HEARTHUNTER
1 minute ago, Derpplause said:

the change from Erotica to bedtime stories to Evita and eventually Ray Of Light was VERY drastic. She basically went from an erotic themed album followed by a controversial book (SEX) to a mature, well versed, moody themed album (ROL). I can't remember a comeback that saved a career that well, aside from Gaga's recent crawl back to the top.

"crawl" :air: you make her look desperate lmao

I agree on the fact she changed her marketing/media communication strategy but the Madonna of today is still the same Madonna as 20 years ago, more mature though.

Chromatislaps
Just now, HEARTHUNTER said:

"crawl" :air: you make her look desperate lmao

I agree on the fact she changed her marketing/media communication strategy but the Madonna of today is still the same Madonna as 20 years ago, more mature though.

ow wait :rip: that wasn't the intention :rip: lemme change that :giveup: 

Stef

Mess.

Sis, the song is cute, but lets not overpraise it and turn it into something it isn't.

Its a cute lil bop - that's it. :) 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

TerrenceV2

I feel Gaga chameleon changes are because of her own artistry and she embraces them, on the other hand Meghan does it because her manager tells her too, she doesn't seem in control of her image, she just goes with the flow

playground love - josef salvat

weed

omg I just heard it and it's SUPER inspired by early 2000s...

it sounds like Jojo vs Britney vs TLC vs Backstreet Boys

it's not as catchy as all about that bass imo, I don't love the lyrics, but it's good

Chicka

The song... hmm. It sounds very done before. Nothing really experimental about it. The chords are all predictable and the lyrics are basic. I wouldn't hate it but if we're comparing it to Gaga's discography... yeah... no.

Killa
4 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

the change from Erotica to bedtime stories to Evita and eventually Ray Of Light was VERY drastic. She basically went from an erotic themed album followed by a controversial book (SEX) to a mature, well versed, moody themed album (ROL). I can't remember a comeback that saved a career that well, aside from Gaga's recent crawl back to the top.

It was a big change. Everything about Gaga's career is just must faster due to the times we're living on. Everything gets forgotten too fast. She could have still do movies this year and release something one year later. Her changes are just so dramatic because of that.

She gets a bit more commercial softned for Betime and gets respect with Evita. And then rides on the trend in the 90s of world music to launch ROL. It's much more gradual and not so risky. It's going with the trends.

Lord Temptation
18 minutes ago, Killa said:
32 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

the change from Erotica to bedtime stories to Evita and eventually Ray Of Light was VERY drastic. She basically went from an erotic themed album followed by a controversial book (SEX) to a mature, well versed, moody themed album (ROL). I can't remember a comeback that saved a career that well, aside from Gaga's recent rise back to the top.

It was a big change. Everything about Gaga's career is just must faster due to the times we're living on. Everything gets forgotten too fast. She could have still do movies this year and release something one year later. Her changes are just so dramatic because of that.

She gets a bit more commercial softned for Betime and gets respect with Evita. And then rides on the trend in the 90s of world music to launch ROL. It's much more gradual and not so risky. It's going with the trends.

Can't forget Bestime Stories. My favourite Madonna album ever. It's so exquisite.

SEVDALIZA
59 minutes ago, HEARTHUNTER said:

Madonna had some changes during the 90s but it wasn't as drastic and shocking as Gaga. This isn't being a chameleon to me tbh.

Gaga is a chameleon, especially in the way she looks and that epic transition from TF to TFM and from TFM to BTW in her music.

:duck::duck::duck:

Gaga's musical aesthetic (and what critics often viewed as her 'shtick') has always been clear; a mix of 70's glam rock and 80's dance records. You can easily notice that with the first listen to all of her albums (The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way & ARTPOP). From a musical standpoint, you could easily pinpoint the basic similarities between all of her pop releases, for instance, take her repetitiveness when it comes to her song structure and lyrical contributions, that is evident in most of her discography. Meanwhile, with Madonna, she kept her audience on his toes for 30 years by adapting to a completely brand new musical recipe with each record, you can't pinpoint any similarities between most of her albums, that's why she's considered to be a chameleon-like artist. No other pop act in history has ever experienced such a mind twisting aesthetic change like Madonna did with Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, I'm Breathless, Erotica, Ray of Light and Music.

I mean, I live in Gaga's day and age and I prefer her over Madonna, but come on. Basic knowledge.

operating from another world

SychosSoChic

Dear Future Husband still exists tho :green: 

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Archived