Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
new music

Kendrick Lamar surprise releases new album

Harry

Featured Posts

Harry

King of Rap Kendrick Lamar has just surprise released his new album - 'untitled unmastered.' The album is available to buy on iTunes and can be streamed on Apple Music and TIDAL - apparently coming on Spotify soon.

In an interview with GRAMMY.com Kendrick Lamar said the new, untitled song he performed at the end of his politically-charged Grammy medley came from a trove of tracks that did not make it onto his third studio album, To Pimp a Butterfly: "I got a chamber of material from the album that I was in love [with] where sample clearances or something as simple as a deadline kept it off the album." Lamar had performed unreleased, untitled songs during TV appearances. He dropped the first on one of the final episodes of the The Colbert Report in December 2014, and later during a January episode of The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry

We weren't ready. It's 5am and I already couldn't sleep then he does this to me....

JusKeepBreathin

Thank you Black Jesus. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Harry
1 minute ago, Metamorphosis said:

Listening Now. I'm bopping.

I'm just pressed that it's only 8 songs. Def just feels like an extension of TPAB musically, but I'm not complaining at all lol.

Nearly 6am though so I gotta go sleep. **** him for ruining my sleeping pattern even further, but also love him for blessing us like this :green:

Jesse Pinkman
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm just pressed that it's only 8 songs. Def just feels like an extension of TPAB musically, but I'm not complaining at all lol.

Nearly 6am though so I gotta go sleep. **** him for ruining my sleeping pattern even further, but also love him for blessing us like this :green:

Yeah I think they're leftover tracks. I'm bopping though. Love how he masterfully combines funk and hip-hop. It just flows so beautifully. Can't wait for his album with J Cole.

It's science, bitch

Harry
1 minute ago, Metamorphosis said:

Yeah I think they're leftover tracks. I'm bopping though. Love how he masterfully combines funk and hip-hop. It just flows so beautifully. Can't wait for his album with J Cole.

Yeah I mean he basically confirmed it in the Grammy.com interview that I quoted in the OP. Who else has enough unused album cuts that are worthy of filling a whole new album? Legend

Archived