💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I have a strong feeling LG5 will be "disco-rock"

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

I have a strong feeling that Gaga's going to go the "disco-rock" route with LG5. Considering the people that she's working with (Nile Rodgers, Mark Ronson, Elton John, etc.) and how their music is either disco or rock or some mix of the two, I think this is very plausible.

The radio is currently dominated by pop-rap, R&B, soul, trap, and dancehall (I'm looking at you Ms. Fenty :stalkga:), and if this album is successful I think Gaga has a chance to turn the music industry on its head again and usher in a full-on classic rock/disco/70s revival (just as she did in 2008, when she brought back electronic dance music from the 80s and 90s).

Here are some classic "disco-rock" songs to give you all a taste of what I think is ahead. Obviously this won't be exactly what her music will sound like -- Gaga will probably make it more electronic and use the full range of her vocals:

And of course

PaperIz

I don't know. I just hear it as BTW 2.0, but I want something a little...softer? A la cheek to cheek or the Fame. Sometimes she picks some very grating boisterous productions. 

holy scheisse

you had me at " turn the music industry on its head again and usher in a full-on classic rock/disco/70s revival" 

i would love to witness gaga change pop's sound again:sara:

PunkTheFunk
Just now, PaperIz said:

I don't know. I just hear it as BTW 2.0, but I want something a little...softer? A la cheek to cheek or the Fame. Sometimes she picks some very grating boisterous productions. 

BTW was very rock/glam-rock inspired but I don't think it had heavy disco/dance influences. Yeah, I hope she goes for a more "suave" sound with this album, if that makes sense. Like if Donna Summer, Tony Bennett, and Freddie Mercury had a baby.

FATCAT

I want a BTW in respect to song stucture, meaning I don't want the basic 2-1-2-3-2 verse order. But I want a TFM in terms of imagery. Dark, Bloody Mary esque dance hits, like Monster.

But, that's just a dream, as I'll most likely enjoy LG5 even more if it's not what I expect. I want to have the feeling where I didn't know I wanted something until it's blasting through my ear canal.

Purr more, hiss less.

Iwontell

Idk...everything is possible...as long as she doesn't go EDM again or tries to go "urban" and ends up with an ok, but forgettable, album...

I think something like Shakedown Street or Let's Dance, but with a more pop approach would be nice...some "progressive" influences would be cool as well, like "eye in the sky" (Alan Parsons Project) or "Don't fear the reaper" (Blue Oyster Cult)...

But Idk...I don't like speculating, bc it's always something different from what we want/expect...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Arizona Sky

I don't get why y'all think it's gonna be so different from her previous work. I think it will be mostly synth pop w/ 1-2 ballads & some disco-funk-rock INFLUENCES. That's right, influences! She won't go full on disco or rock. Especially rock, that genre has been fading since the 2000's

Chelseaaaaaa

It helps that she likes all of those artists you listed as well. ;)

The Child

So it will basically be a mix of Born This Way & The Fame, Rock/Disco so.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Checkers

It HAS to be more than just pop music imo. After singing jazz standards and performing so many tributes, she can't just go back to generic old pop music again. It'd be a step back. I'm sooo here for disco rock :giveup:

Tumblr

idk, in my ideal world, I'd want an album full of Paparazzi's dd

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

PaperIz
47 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

BTW was very rock/glam-rock inspired but I don't think it had heavy disco/dance influences. Yeah, I hope she goes for a more "suave" sound with this album, if that makes sense. Like if Donna Summer, Tony Bennett, and Freddie Mercury had a baby.

I love this description :flutter: who knows what it will sound like. I hope she really surprises us

Shaney
1 hour ago, CrazyMonster said:

So it will basically be a mix of Born This Way & The Fame, Rock/Disco so.

There's something about the rock influence on The Fame that I really don't like. 

I think Gaga's way past that sound. 

Swan Heart

If she's going for the disco sound, I'm hoping it will be something like Froot.

Probably the best pop song released in years.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Archived