Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Losing Respect for Beyonce/Taylor

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Redstreak
2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

"Taylor's spokesperson has just confirmed..."

Sorry Taylor but you should've shown your support with something from your heart and voice, not just your wallet and via your spokespeople.

So you could call her fake, self serving her public image, and only responding to backlash? You seem more up in arms about what Taylor does or doesn't do than over what Dr. Luke did to Kesha

C9IZ

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying Beyoncé's lack of support is justified, but on a grander scale, Taylor's feminism seems so one-dimensional. Meanwhile, Beyoncé is a feminist for a greater audience, and hers  is intersectional.

This is to say that Beyoncé is injecting feminism into her music and stage performance. She's being a feminist BECAUSE she's a feminist. Taylor injects feminism into her self-defense, thus appealing to many millennialis that have a similar usage for the movement. She's a feminist because it's convenient to her. 

Really though, this conversation of brands of feminism in popular culture is best saved for another time. The focus should be on Kesha, and the greater issue of rape both in the industry and in our entire culture. 

Brooke Hoegan
2 minutes ago, Nein said:

... Bye GGD.

I didn't mean social media power, chill... I meant does anybody listens to her when she speaks about social problems and takes it seriously ? Cause I didn't notice

Dominic

Oh,  so Taylor contacted Kesha privately. 

Would you look at that... 

giphy.gif

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Riot Poof
7 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

"Taylor's spokesperson has just confirmed..."

Sorry Taylor but you should've shown your support with something from your heart and voice, not just your wallet and via your spokespeople.

Kesha can't pay her lawyer fees with a "#FreeKesha" tweet.

We all know you're a Tayter so you're just mad that she did something good this time.

tumblr_ndr32dcGzM1rfduvxo1_400.gif

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Riot Poof
10 hours ago, Quantum said:

Taylor is a selfish greedy literal fake ass trash, like how blind are people to see her true face?

How blind are Tayters to see that she isn't as evil as they make her out to be?

tumblr_o2y8di4z941rmh550o1_540.png

(x)

But you're a passionate Tayter so I don't expect you to be fair at all and appreciate this act of goodness. Stay salty.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

MelbHawker
21 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

1) It has nothing to do with them. 

2) We have no idea if they have contacted her privately.  

3) Are we going to blame every single woman who doesn't speak out publicly?

4) It's just a tweet. You're losing sight of the actual issue. 

Perfect post. They don't need to speak about it on Social Media to validate their stance on the issue/their support for Kesha. People really have lost sight of the real issue at hand. 

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Dominic Marc said:

Oh,  so Taylor contacted Kesha privately. 

Would you look at that... 

giphy.gif

It was supposed to be private? Is that what Taylor's spokesperson said?

Lord Temptation
55 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

Perfect post. They don't need to speak about it on Social Media to validate their stance on the issue/their support for Kesha. People really have lost sight of the real issue at hand. 

Of course they don't need to speak out. But they should. The greater the awareness the greater the pressure on the judge to release Kesha from Sony. That's the whole point of showing solidarity. It's more than about money, and it's more than just about Kesha. It's for all the rape victims out there who aren't FAMOUS enough to get rich superstars like Taylor Swift to so generously offer $250,000 to them. 

Dominic
3 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

It was supposed to be private? Is that what Taylor's spokesperson said?

I don't see the point in continuing this discussion,  you've been proved wrong countless times.  Doing so once more would just be adding salt to the wound. 

/endthread 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

MelbHawker
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

Of course they don't need to speak out. But they should. The greater the awareness the greater the pressure on the judge to release Kesha from Sony. That's the whole point of showing solidarity. It's more than about money, and it's more than just about Kesha. It's for all the rape victims out there who aren't FAMOUS enough to get rich superstars like Taylor Swift to so generously offer $250,000 to them. 

It would be fantastic for Taylor and Beyonce to state their support for not only Kesha and the victims of rape and sexual abuse - there's no denying this. It would naturally further expose the issue. 

The people who criticise Bey and Swift on this thread though, I believe, feel as though due to their success, celebrity, riches - call it what you want - because they are who they are.. people are acting almost as if they believe these celebrities are obliged to say something purely because of their status. It's almost as if their credibility and decency is being doubted because they haven't said anything. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Brian Ryan

They don't have to speak up about the situation... not every issue that occurs in the world has to be spoken about in the public eye. They have lives too.

KingRedd
On February 21, 2016 at 0:41 PM, River said:

Beyonce is fake, it's all about the money.. thanks to her father and Jay-Z she's famous.. not her "feminism" but by men.

Taylor.. does she even a feminist? I consider her as a woman that still stuck in her sweet 16 birthday party..

Then by this stand point the same can be  said about Gaga... But whatever ha bash away ?

May I Read You? 😎

7 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

Then by this stand point the same can be  said about Gaga... But whatever ha bash away ?

Who is bashing? it's my opinion.

About gaga we can say a lot of things like why she waited too long to show support to Kesha? she knew about it since it started..

Is it true or not that she had a history with dr. luke?

And many more questions and doubts that I have about her, but the topic is not about gaga but about Beyonce and Taylor. if you can't stand other people's opinions then don't read them and comment about them, simple..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Archived