Featured Posts

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Epione

Just remembered that 3-6 years old kid in the Monster Ball HBO Special. :lag:

mantanqin

Well. Usually musical programs are banned for teens under 15 on TV in South Korea

so I won't feel very surprise about this...

Poor Young Korean LMs... : (

I honestly can't even imagine how those monsters feel. Breaks my heart :hurt:

I honestly can't even imagine how those monsters feel. Breaks my heart :hurt:

anybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon

This is right in line with Korean standards and censorship practices. Frankly, she's lucky she's performing at ALL. Don't worry about your show, this has more to do with Korean standards then anything. They have very strict controls on what can and can't be aired, seen or put on the radio.

I remember G-Dragon was like, almost thrown in JAIL for having s-xual themes in one of his concerts.

prince

What the ****. Her fans are teenagers and they know what they are getting themselves into so its their choice whether they go to this concert or not! If them or their parents think it was too explicit and controversial then they know not to go again and they learnt that the hard way. You don't just ban something for being harmful and explicit without having seeing it first

What the ****. Her fans are teenagers and they know what they are getting themselves into so its their choice whether they go to this concert or not! If them or their parents think it was too explicit and controversial then they know not to go again and they learnt that the hard way. You don't just ban something for being harmful and explicit without having seeing it first

This is how Korea works, lots of pop music and pop music videos get banned for a lot less then the stuff that Gaga puts into hers. (Bubble Pop, for example, had its video deemed too s-xually explicit. GD&TOP's KNOCK OUT was banned for using slang, ect Oh, and Bang Yongguk's I Remember was banned for violence too, they ban for everything not just s-x). Their censorship laws work differently then the west's. Does it suck? Yeah, but not much can be done about it.

Nelson Monroe

This is no different than a movie rating. Less people would get to see her, yes, but I think its fair to a younger population who probably shouldn't be exposed to foul language and s-x. Naturally, would you feel comfortable taking a 10 year old to The Monster Ball knowing the content?

That's not what the Monster Ball was about. :fail: The Monster ball was about not being afraid to be yourself and be proud. THE MONSTER BALL WILL SET YOU FREE!

That's not what the Monster Ball was about. :fail: The Monster ball was about not being afraid to be yourself and be proud. THE MONSTER BALL WILL SET YOU FREE!

That's not the point. It doesn't matter what the Monster Ball was about, she still threw out curse words every minute in the Monster Ball, stripped down to studded bra and panties, and told people to "whip their dicks out." That's equivalent to an R rated movie in America, which you cannot see if you're under 17. It's just a year older in South Korea.

South Korea has very high morals. Sexuality is a tricky subject there, and most of Lady Gaga's agenda revolves around it.

That really sucks, especially because they don't know the content of the new show. I understand what Spivey was saying, with movie ratings, but if parents want to take their 10 year old to see Lady Gaga then they should have the right to do so. We're able to attend Rated-R shows here in America if you have a supervised adult with you. So, it should be the same in this situation.

I'm glad I don't live in a third-world country. :sweat:

It simply isn't fair to the younger fans. 16 year olds really aren't that different from 18 year olds, and she has A LOT of 16 year old fans. Sexuality is no big deal to me, nor should it be a big deal to anyone. Sex is s-x. It isn't bad, it isn't immoral, it's just s-x. We need s-x to progress as a society and we ALL have s-x drives. It's so ****ing natural and I don't understand why governments think they should try to ban it. Ban violence before s-xuality, seriously. Violence is NOT a natural thing while s-xuality is.

**** your logic

LiveNation Korea whispers softly as they put the ban in place

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Archived