Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga has the greatest National Anthem of all time

Quark

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

If quality is subjective, then how can a performance be "perfect" in the first place?

Don't do that... Don't ****ing twist what I say. There is a clear difference between someone like Britney singing the national anthem and a trained vocalist singing the anthem is there not? Quality isn't completely subjective and I've never claimed otherwise.

I've claimed from the beginning that Whitney's technical performance was perfect. I've also claimed that Whitney and Gaga's renditions are completely different.

You can't claim, out of nowhere, that Whitney's performance is off a lesser quality to Gaga's... As I have asked, based on what exactly? Whitney produced a quality rendition of the anthem, Gaga produced a quality rendition of the anthem.

Although both renditions are of "quality", there are clear differences between the two renditions. What you prefer is subjective, the quality of both performances is not really that subjective.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Don't do that... Don't ****ing twist what I say. There is a clear difference between someone like Britney singing the national anthem and a trained vocalist singing the anthem is there not? Quality isn't completely subjective and I've never claimed otherwise.

I've claimed from the beginning that Whitney's technical performance was perfect. I've also claimed that Whitney and Gaga's renditions are completely different.

You can't claim, out of nowhere, that Whitney's performance is off a lesser quality to Gaga's... As I have asked, based on what exactly? Whitney produced a quality rendition of the anthem, Gaga produced a quality rendition of the anthem.

Although both renditions are of "quality", there are clear differences between the two renditions. What you prefer is subjective, the quality of both performances is not really that subjective.

But I prefer what I think is best. Whitney had a great performance with no mistakes, but there is no such thing as perfect in this case. Because even when you don't mistakes, it does not mean that someone can't do better. In this case both Gaga and Whitney had no mistakes but I think that Gaga's vocal tricks and overall clearness of her low notes makes Gaga's performance better.

Just now, Enigma said:

But I prefer what I think is best. Whitney had a great performance with no mistakes, but their is no such thing as perfect in this case. Because even when you don't mistakes, it does not mean that someone can't do better. In this case both Gaga and Whitney had no mistakes but I think that Gaga's vocal tricks and overall clearness of her low notes makes Gaga's performance better.

That's a completely fine opinion to have though? I wouldn't even argue against that....

I'd just like it if you said "I prefer Gaga's performance" rather than "Gaga topped Whitney's performance" which is disrespectful and impossible to really say...

2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

That's a completely fine opinion to have though? I wouldn't even argue against that....

I'd just like it if you said "I prefer Gaga's performance" rather than "Gaga topped Whitney's performance" which is disrespectful and impossible to really say...

Honestly, I still fail to see how Whitney's performance is impossible to top, but if it makes you happy then yes. I do prefer Gaga's version.

wahkeenasitka
4 hours ago, FATCAT said:

Well, I wouldn't say the best, but she definitely snagged the best LIVE. Whitney's vocals were pre-recorded and she lip-synced to it.

documentation? proof?

Angel Down
6 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

This is going to sound so horrible and I'll probably get so much flack for it, but when Gaga dies, I think more people will admit she outdid Whitney. I believe Gaga outdid her.

This is exactly what I believe

Serendipity
6 hours ago, Metamorphosis said:

She did not outdo Whitney whatsoever. Gaga did a great job, but Whitney's was amazing not only because of her voice (despite it being live or not), but also because it was re-released right after the 9/11 attacks. It was a historical and patriotic moment for all Americans. Its disrepsectful to say that Gaga's was better. And that is my honest opinion.

5 hours ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

You guys are really TRYING IT tonight!  Gaga TRULY gave an Iconic Performance, and even though she came close!  No One can Top "The VOICE!"  ??

the OP's level of delusion is slightly concerning:rip:

he can't seem to distinguish an opinion from a fact:rip:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

6 hours ago, Metamorphosis said:

That's disrespectful to Whitney Houston on so many levels.

Its an opinion/ difference of music taste... Jesus get a grip

Diamond Heart

Whitney has like the greatest and most celebrated Nation Anthem performance ever. I dont think anyone will come close to Whitneys voice and performance. Truly amazing. The bar is incredibly high lol

Gaga was absolutely tremendous though and my favorite rendition (obvs).

However, whoever is saying its disrespectful to say Gaga's was better though is absolutely ridiculous :toofunny: 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

11 minutes ago, Clean said:

the OP's level of delusion is slightly concerning:rip:

he can't seem to distinguish an opinion from a fact:rip:

It seems your the one who cant distinguish between fact and opinion

Katharine Hepburn

I think it's silly to put artists on pedestals where you can't criticise them :green:

xoxo Joanne

I checked out the Whitney performance last night and thought it was hard to make out what the words were. The British abolished slavery in 1807 and Key wrote the song in 1814 and in 1833 he secured a grand jury indictment against Benjamin Lundy, editor of the anti-slavery publication, the Genius of Universal Emancipation, and his printer, William Greer, for libel. He remained a staunch proponent of African colonization and a strong critic of the antislavery movement until his death.

U.S. military presence in Africa 2013 appears to be along the tropical zone of high rainfall.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zp2K5WStbci8.kH923Kz5aL20&hl=en_US

ShockPop

@Enigma you go Glen coco. Ggd putting this thread on their FB page!

Anyway, @Bebe your whole arguement has boiled down to "I want you to express your opinion in a certain way". Too bad. This is not Auschwitz. Opinions will be expressed in various ways, regardless of your **** whining.

On the subject of the performance; it was very very American. By that I mean you would never have a performance from anyone other than an American that was quite so over the top. She might as well have turned half way through and murdered a terrorist with a printed version of the constitution, it was so American.

It was impossible not to be pulled in by the passion of it all. She was obviously very nervous and that showed in her vocal. Despite the oblivious nature of flip flopping members of this site, she definitely used "dope voice" at various points.

Unfortunately for Whitney Houston, Gaga was able to perform live and without the backing of an orchestra. When comparing the 2 performances, it's not a comparison of 2 live vocals, but of one live and one studio version. That's unfair... To Whitney. Gaga wins by default because it was a live performance and Whitney's wasn't.

Gaga wins because Whitney's disqualified for faking a live vocal. Anyone can lip sync to a studio recording.

Serendipity
1 hour ago, JbGaga said:

It seems your the one who cant distinguish between fact and opinion

yeah if it goes by you, gaga is the best vocalist of all time:rip:

2 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Gaga wins because Whitney's disqualified for faking a live vocal. Anyone can lip sync to a studio recording.

Whitney 'The Voice' Houston is not anyone.

She's 1/3rd of the VOCAL TRINITY

and not everyone can produce top notch vocals even in studio:rip:

if that was the case, Katy would be belting like Celine:rip:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Archived