Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga has the greatest National Anthem of all time

Quark

Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman
1 minute ago, mariomania1234 said:

I thought Whitney did it in '91 though.

She did. I meant how much the re-release meamt for the country.

It's science, bitch

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Metamorphosis said:

I'm seeing that many are comparing them to her, but I just don't see it. I'm sorry.

I could directly quote all the people that are saying this and show you the links. But I won't because you just don't agree anyways. Which is ok because everyone can have their own opinion. This is just my opinion.

JusKeepBreathin

God I thought this was going to be a good thread until I saw the OP. Didn't even bother to read it but I bet it's full of the OP bashing another artist or artists just to praise Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga doesn't need that type of support. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I really don't like this whole "Did Gaga outdo Whitney??" thing.

The national anthem has been sung by countless singers, there is a balance that needs to be struck in terms of staying true to the original while inserting that little bit of yourself into the song. Whitney's performance is iconic and absolutely sensational. Singers who want to attempt the national anthem on a stadium level will look to Whitney's performance as the standard.

There isn't really any way that anybody could "top" Whitney's performance. It's just always going to be part of the history of the national anthem. The circumstances around the performance and the voice of Whitney at her prime is what made that performance so iconic.

Whitney's performance is stand-alone. There isn't a way you can 'top' it and it shouldn't be the aim.

What's great about Gaga's performance is that I think she sang the anthem to the standard of those that came before her.  It was fantastic, she sang it beautifully. She clearly took some notes from Whitney's performance too which is great.

2:15-2:18 of this 

is similar to 2:52-2:56 of this

It's just not something you can compare. Both artists sang the anthem well, and it would be an honour for Gaga if it was judged to be a standard in the same way that Whitneys is.

We'll see in years to come if Gaga's performance is considered a "stand alone" in the same way that Whitney's performance is. But if it does come to pass that Gaga's performance is praised as one of the great interpretations of the national anthem then it stands BESIDE Whitney, it doesn't top Whitney.

How incredible though that Gaga got the chance to follow in the footsteps of her idol, and even surpassed her according to much of the press. A really incredible moment for her.

Lady GaGa's legacy is now intertwined with the ANTHEM of the greatest nation in history. Let that sink in for a moment.

djBuffoon

Gaga's rendition deserves to be in the same sentence at Whitney's. As far as I'm concerned, that is high praise indeed.

DeleteMyAccount
20 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

She did not outdo Whitney whatsoever. Gaga did a great job, but Whitney's was amazing not only because of her voice (despite it being live or not), but also because it occurred right after the 9/11 attacks. It was a historical and patriotic moment for all Americans. Its disrepsectful to say that Gaga's was better. And that is my honest opinion.

Whitney performed back in 91', 10 years before 9/11. It was during the Persian Gulf War.

Jesse Pinkman
4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I could directly quote all the people that are saying this and show you the links. But I won't because you just don't agree anyways. Which is ok because everyone can have their own opinion. This is just my opinion.

You can show me all the USA Today articles and tweets from random people you want, but Gaga's performance will never have the impact and acclaim that Whitney's received. Her rendition is historical and impactful on many levels. Gaga's was just an amazing performance. Two huge differences.

It's science, bitch

6 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I really don't like this whole "Did Gaga outdo Whitney??" thing.

The national anthem has been sung by countless singers, there is a balance that needs to be struck in terms of staying true to the original while inserting that little bit of yourself into the song. Whitney's performance is iconic and absolutely sensational. Singers who want to attempt the national anthem on a stadium level will look to Whitney's performance as the standard.

There isn't really any way that anybody could "top" Whitney's performance. It's just always going to be part of the history of the national anthem. The circumstances around the performance and the voice of Whitney at her prime is what made that performance so iconic.

Whitney's performance is stand-alone. There isn't a way you can 'top' it and it shouldn't be the aim.

What's great about Gaga's performance is that I think she sang the anthem to the standard of those that came before her.  It was fantastic, she sang it beautifully. She clearly took some notes from Whitney's performance too which is great.

2:15-2:18 of this 

is similar to 2:52-2:56 of this

It's just not something you can compare. Both artists sang the anthem well, and it would be an honour for Gaga if it was judged to be a standard in the same way that Whitneys is.

We'll see in years to come if Gaga's performance is considered a "stand alone" in the same way that Whitney's performance is. But if it does come to pass that Gaga's performance is praised as one of the great interpretations of the national anthem then it stands BESIDE Whitney, it doesn't top Whitney.

I agree that Whitneys is historical and iconic. But I just simply think Gaga did TOP her. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Jesse Pinkman
2 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Whitney performed back in 91', 10 years for 9/11. It was during the Persian Gulf War.

Thought I edited it. I was referring to the re-release.

It's science, bitch

PrinceGaga
18 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

I'm sorry. I misspoke. I was referring to the re-release.

sorry i quoted the wrong thing

OT: gaga slays

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, Metamorphosis said:

Thought I edited it. I was referring to the re-release.

You mean on the Greatest Hits album?

2 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

You can show me all the USA Today articles and tweets from random people you want, but Gaga's performance will never have the impact and acclaim that Whitney's received. Her rendition is historical and impactful on many levels. Gaga's was just an amazing performance. Two huge differences.

This performance won't be as impactful as Whitney's simply because of the war circumstances of Houston's time. But this is definitely universal acclaim for Gaga. You can't argue with me on this one. But as far as the standalone performance, Gaga did outdo Whitney in my opinion.

PrinceGaga
21 minutes ago, SlayMeToVenus said:

Whitney's was 25 years ago.. 9/11 happened in 2001, which is 15 years ago. 

this made me feel old

OT: gaga slays

Archived