Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is it just me or Beyonce's fans are racist af?

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

Stephen
25 minutes ago, amenvodka said:

This is one of the reasons why I stopped coming here so often. White pissbabies throwing hissyfits when something by a popular person of color isn't specifically catered and dedicated to them.

You know why I don't care about "white tears" comments and white people jokes even though my ass is pastier than uncooked cookie dough? Because I have the mental capacity to understand that white people jokes are a result of major societal power inbalances as well as structural and internalized racism that disadventages especially black people to this very day. I'm not offended because I know that I am not a shitty white person that fumes at the thought of a successful black women being proud of her heritage even though society teaches everyone that her heritage is all thugs, criminals, rapists and somewhat musically gifted people.

If you are offended, you might check why you group yourself with racist assholes and empathize for them.

Drag dem. This thread gave me a head ache. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pierre

#BeyonceVideosSoBlack 

Spoiler

#OscarsSoWhite

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Alien Tulip
5 hours ago, Teri Hatcher said:

Bleach out all the dark.... I'll be your princess die and die with with you 

music-celebrity-32.jpeg

This joke is so 2012. Beyonce is naturally light skin

3abd6dff90501f7282cec4e59229e218.jpg

young-beyoncc3a9-old-pictures-copy.jpg?q

plus white and latino people like Gaga, J.Lo, Britney, Ricky Martin etc spray tan but of course they dont get attacked for it 

Mason Knowles

rac·ism

ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

bye:rip:

Lady peaceful, lady happy... that's what I long to be.

Mobster

You see what happens when you feel attacked by a group of people? You make statements like:

"Is it just me or Beyonce's fans are racist af?"

Did you actually mean to reduce a whole fanbase to one specific characteristic that doesn't apply to everyone? You obviously didn't, as you clarified later on in your OP.

You then assumed every single Beyoncé fan is black by saying "Seriously if white people did that everyone would be like "omg that's disgusting""

See how easy it is to fall into generalizations without actually wanting to?

Now imagine you were actually opressed by society. Imagine those comments on Beyoncé's video actually prevented you from achieving your goals or made you feel like your life is in danger. You'd approach this topic with even harsher words and more drastic points of view.

Black people aren't acting, black people are reacting to what's happening in society and you should always take that into consideration and put yourself in that situation, before judging.

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Luv u Sum
6 hours ago, Rabbit Heart said:

I even sometimes think black people are even more racist than white people. They just want to be everywhere just cuz they're black (Oscars hype etc.), same as gay people, don't get me wrong I'm gay but it's just crazy how they wanna be everywhere and always play a discrimination card. There are bigger problems in this world.

Yes! Thank you! :applause:

fashion monster
1 hour ago, CurlyBae said:

Isn't racism judging someone based on his/her color or race?

Nope, it's prejudice and discrimination, if you had actually seen the video you'd know.

I get why you think it is, but racism, as well as sexism, is not about color (or gender), it's about POWER + PREJUDICE. So, while all people can be prejudiced, only those who have power are really racist. African Americans, Latinos, Asians and American Indians, the powerless in American society, can be and often are most prejudiced toward Whites on an individual basis, but they are not racists at the structural, institutional level. Given that, to be a racist you have to possess two things: 1) socioeconomic power to force others to do what you desire even if they don't want to, and 2), the justification of this power abuse by an ideology of biological supremacy. Keep in mind that what often is described as racism in society today, is really nothing more than prejudice and discrimination. Anyway, both racism and prejudice are wrong. So, if what you are trying to say is that it's wrong to judge someone because of their's skin color, than I agree with you. But racism is far more complex than that, and goes beyond simply insulting someone.

Levine

Yesterday I praised Beyoncé's song on twitter and one of her fan said to me that I couldn't get the song because I'm white and that my praise was stupid. "she didn't make the song for y'all, she made it for us", I swear to god he said that.

Edonis

........you're comparing stan Twitter and stans to an actual race and how that race of people are mostly racist to white people.....? Do you live in the U.S. Sweetie? Do you actually think an entire group of stans (who are mostly uneducated children/teens who want attention and quick fame through so called edgy posts) represent an entire race? Because that's what I'm getting from the posts in this thread. People are ranting about how black people are racists to white people sometimes because of ignorant Beyhive users? 

Ok sis 

Bette Davis

Seems like a lot of people here need to:

A) go to college 

B) make friends outside your own race and learn to see people of other races on a personal level, not as "them/they"

C) not take tweets/online comments so seriously

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

PunkTheFunk

Here's my two cents:

I think it's wrong for any race to make disparaging comments about any other race. Period. BUT y'all have to understand that when a PoC makes comments about white people, the worst thing that happens is that a white person gets their feelings hurt. When white people (who have pretty much always had the upper hand in society) have made comments and judgements about people of colour, it hasn't ended well (just open up your history textbook or watch the news). Both are bad, but the latter has more serious societal repercussions than the former.

I have one question about all of this. One millionaire artist that lives in a mansion representing the ghetto or the hood culture and aesthetics is a legit recognition of his/her culture, or is an opportunist apropriation of the poor/proletarian culture made by high class people?

Archived