LG5 producer Nile Rodgers spills tea

Buddy

Featured Posts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad Bromance
4 minutes ago, PopBitch said:

The other pop girls' stans probably don't own any Bowie music.  Let's face it, even on here, the thread wasn't massive by posters about Bowie and his music.

It's more important that all the "real" fans of Bowie over the decades, young and old and in the middle, are bowled over and moved by Gaga in doing justice in her honoring someone's music they love, not a pop stan war that has nothing to do with the sadness of losing one of the greatest artists ever to live.

Agreed!  I was simply stating the fact that my Twitter TL was filled with a lot of hate towards Gaga directed specifically by Madge and Katy Perry stans.  How do I know that?  Well, I guess I know that because their avis are KP's or Madge's pics.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

PopBitch
18 minutes ago, Bad Bromance said:

Agreed!  I was simply stating the fact that my Twitter TL was filled with a lot of hate towards Gaga directed specifically by Madge and Katy Perry stans.  How do I know that?  Well, I guess I know that because their avis are KP's or Madge's pics.

Oh, okay.   Got it.  Ignore.  They don't matter.

lucastecala

My comment on Nile Rodgers' Facebook page:

"I think Nile's testemonial is more than enough to settle the question but, what I want to add is: how can you guys be fans of Nile's and of Bowie's and not realize that even though they're legends now, once the were the newbies and that plenty of people commented about them the exact same things you're saying about Gaga. It's important that the tribute is done by Gaga because she is now, if not yet a legend, something quite alike to what David once was, and this is an opportunity to send him away making sure he will continue to be relevant for this generation. By undermining Gaga you're just showing everybody how unable you are to be like your idols (Bowie and Nile Rodgers) and keep up with the spirit of time. You're showing that you're old inside and that you probably wouldn't have liked nor Bowie nor Nile had you lived with this same age 30 years ago."

Bad Bromance
25 minutes ago, PopBitch said:

Oh, okay.   Got it.  Ignore.  They don't matter.

Truly!  It's just frustrating to read all of the hate they spew.  I ignore them all the time because I don't have the time nor the energy to get into a stan war with anybody.  That simply is not my style.

12 minutes ago, lucastecala said:

"I think Nile's testemonial is more than enough to settle the question but, what I want to add is: how can you guys be fans of Nile's and of Bowie's and not realize that even though they're legends now, once the were the newbies and that plenty of people commented about them the exact same things you're saying about Gaga. It's important that the tribute is done by Gaga because she is now, if not yet a legend, something quite alike to what David once was, and this is an opportunity to send him away making sure he will continue to be relevant for this generation. By undermining Gaga you're just showing everybody how unable you are to be like your idols (Bowie and Nile Rodgers) and keep up with the spirit of time. You're showing that you're old inside and that you probably wouldn't have liked nor Bowie nor Nile had you lived with this same age 30 years ago."

I ran out of "likes" for the day but your post deserves not one, but 10!   :applause:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

1 hour ago, Slavi said:

wait

symphony orchestras?

:giveup:

There is a picture of Diane and Gaga and Nile.  He may have had something to do with TIHTY and there is an orchestra playing in that song.  Maybe that's the symphony orchestra.  As far as Elton, Gaga and Nile doing something together....I must have missed that.  I'll have to investigate.  But, I love where Nile said, "I find it so weird that people don't get Gaga's greatness"

Neight Shayde
41 minutes ago, lucastecala said:

RIGHT!?! I think Bowie got the same amount of backlash back then for his songs and his imagery.

Archived