💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

We should be happy about the Anti era

Creyk

Featured Posts

Mister Gaga

tbh, Gaga's only threat, as mediocre as it might sound, is Katy :laughga: She proved her power in 2013 so...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I knew she wasn't a threat months before Anti was released. I think her time as a hitmaker has finally come to an end and she's lost the public's trust. But oddly enough, have you ever noticed that whenever Rihanna and Gaga release albums in the same year (Rated R/TFM, BTW/Talk That Talk), Rihanna always "loses?" Gaga always gets the album with more sales, more hits and the more successful tour. I'm positive that LG5 will outperform Anti, so this pattern's set to run and run. Indeed, the only female who could pose risk this year is Beyonce but I doubt she can even equal the success of her last album and she's not a single seller. I doubt Meghan will come back with another AATB hit, I think she's a burning match. One hit wonders like Lorde took too long to come back and are done. Ariana is surprisingly having trouble, so it's unlikely she'll have another hit era like My Everything again. Iggy is on a big downfall. The majority of Adele's album sales are over and at those massive numbers, there's no way she's going to have any more Hello-sized hits from it now. Taylor's pretty much said she's not going release an album this year and wants to take more time out after such a big peak. On the male side, Ed's on a break, Bruno doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon, Timberlake's on another haitus, Beiber's already had 3 massive singles and won't do any better from here on out, 1D are on a break, Zayn's currently having his big hit...

So, apart from Beyonce and any potential dark horse newbies throwing a spanner in the works, Gaga seems to have a clear route to somewhat of a comeback. There's no guarantees but she has a lot more luck than previous overcrowded years.

How many hits has she had? She's released so many singles per album that the public hasn't been able to keep up and apart from 1-2 defining hits per release, the rest have got forgotten by the public at large. She's won more Grammys than Gaga? Well, she's been in the business 3 years longer, so she's had more time to amass awards, plus, only 3/8 of her awards features her solo work - the other awards are for Best Rap/Sung Collab, meaning she had to share the award with someone else. Also, out of all those awards, Run This Town, The Monster and her Unapologetic album are the only projects for which she played a part in writing - all the other awards involved songs and videos made by people other than her. Besides, amount of Grammys don't mean all that much in the grand scheme of things. Artists more successful than Rihanna have less Grammys than her. and actually, yes, I do think she needs hits to stay relevant. As we saw with Rated R and to an extent, Unapologetic, a lack of hits leads to a lack of album sales and touring sales. If she keeps going the way of Anti, she'll be done. Remember that Rihanna has always been a commercial artist, so once she starts failing, there's no coming back. She's too ingrained into that mould to have success as an alternative act because her top 40 loving fanbase won't accept it and hipster fanbases aren't interested in supporting someone who was once so generic.

Everyone has different opinions. I think she is doing fine. She is 25 million richer and has a platnium album to boot. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Schwerk

Another doesn't have to 'fail' for Gaga to be successful. 

This is such a shady way of thinking.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

1 hour ago, Mister Gaga said:

tbh, Gaga's only threat, as mediocre as it might sound, is Katy :laughga: She proved her power in 2013 so...

Well yes but Katy is confirmed for Q4. And well....let's just hope Gaga will not wait that long :emma:

AlexanderLevi2

Why are album releases competitions? This is not sports. Can we stop acting like fighting over who is the best or who will sell more actually matters? Do you wonder why Gaga has had several meltdowns because of LMs???

Currently listening to Joanne

AlexanderLevi2
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I knew she wasn't a threat months before Anti was released. I think her time as a hitmaker has finally come to an end and she's lost the public's trust. But oddly enough, have you ever noticed that whenever Rihanna and Gaga release albums in the same year (Rated R/TFM, BTW/Talk That Talk), Rihanna always "loses?" Gaga always gets the album with more sales, more hits and the more successful tour. I'm positive that LG5 will outperform Anti, so this pattern's set to run and run. Indeed, the only female who could pose risk this year is Beyonce but I doubt she can even equal the success of her last album and she's not a single seller. I doubt Meghan will come back with another AATB hit, I think she's a burning match. One hit wonders like Lorde took too long to come back and are done. Ariana is surprisingly having trouble, so it's unlikely she'll have another hit era like My Everything again. Iggy is on a big downfall. The majority of Adele's album sales are over and at those massive numbers, there's no way she's going to have any more Hello-sized hits from it now. Taylor's pretty much said she's not going release an album this year and wants to take more time out after such a big peak. On the male side, Ed's on a break, Bruno doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon, Timberlake's on another haitus, Beiber's already had 3 massive singles and won't do any better from here on out, 1D are on a break, Zayn's currently having his big hit...

So, apart from Beyonce and any potential dark horse newbies throwing a spanner in the works, Gaga seems to have a clear route to somewhat of a comeback. There's no guarantees but she has a lot more luck than previous overcrowded years.

How many hits has she had? She's released so many singles per album that the public hasn't been able to keep up and apart from 1-2 defining hits per release, the rest have got forgotten by the public at large. She's won more Grammys than Gaga? Well, she's been in the business 3 years longer, so she's had more time to amass awards, plus, only 3/8 of her awards features her solo work - the other awards are for Best Rap/Sung Collab, meaning she had to share the award with someone else. Also, out of all those awards, Run This Town, The Monster and her Unapologetic album are the only projects for which she played a part in writing - all the other awards involved songs and videos made by people other than her. Besides, amount of Grammys don't mean all that much in the grand scheme of things. Artists more successful than Rihanna have less Grammys than her. and actually, yes, I do think she needs hits to stay relevant. As we saw with Rated R and to an extent, Unapologetic, a lack of hits leads to a lack of album sales and touring sales. If she keeps going the way of Anti, she'll be done. Remember that Rihanna has always been a commercial artist, so once she starts failing, there's no coming back. She's too ingrained into that mould to have success as an alternative act because her top 40 loving fanbase won't accept it and hipster fanbases aren't interested in supporting someone who was once so generic.

This is why artists/musicians/celebrities have meltdowns. Because god forbid they don't do everything that appeases or impresses you.

8 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

This is why artists/musicians/celebrities have meltdowns. Because god forbid they don't do everything that appeases or impresses you.

On the bright side, when they have meltdowns the tabloids have something to write about :)

It all works out.

AlexanderLevi2
36 minutes ago, Creyk said:

On the bright side, when they have meltdowns the tabloids have something to write about :)

It all works out.

Yes, let's capitalize on mental health issues to make money. Such a positive spin. Maybe they'll kill themselves too and the label will make tons of money off the coverage and people buying more of the music! Sounds like America to me.

1 hour ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Yes, let's capitalize on mental health issues to make money. Such a positive spin. Maybe they'll kill themselves too and the label will make tons of money off the coverage and people buying more of the music! Sounds like America to me.

OMG you are such a hater :toofunny:

ctherainbow
10 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Why are album releases competitions? This is not sports. Can we stop acting like fighting over who is the best or who will sell more actually matters? Do you wonder why Gaga has had several meltdowns because of LMs???

Actually, for a lot of us here, this is our version of sports.   :rip: 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

monketsharona

Was she really a threat though ? ^^

But yeah I guess we should be happy about it even if I can't prevent myself to be pissed by the fact that's the first time I don't like a Rihanna album :toofunny:

AlexanderLevi2
3 hours ago, Creyk said:

OMG you are such a hater :toofunny:

Omg I am? OMG I am so upset about that :emma:

AlexanderLevi2
3 hours ago, ctherainbow said:

Actually, for a lot of us here, this is our version of sports.   :rip: 

And how is this productive for anyone?

ctherainbow
1 hour ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

And how is this productive for anyone?

How are regular competitive sports productive for anyone versus sports just played for fun?  People love the competitive aspect; that someone wins.  They crave the triumph.  I didn't say it was productive, but we have people who spend thousands of dollars to go see a bunch of guys throw around inflated pigskin, so is it any wonder that pop fans might latch onto the competitive aspects of the music industry?

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

AlexanderLevi2
4 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

How are regular competitive sports productive for anyone versus sports just played for fun?  People love the competitive aspect; that someone wins.  They crave the triumph.  I didn't say it was productive, but we have people who spend thousands of dollars to go see a bunch of guys throw around inflated pigskin, so is it any wonder that pop fans might latch onto the competitive aspects of the music industry?

I think competition is essential in life but dragging, hating, etc. musicians seems wrong to me (yes I've done it but I try not to). Healthy competition is great but the other competition is just plain useless to me. It's like competition in academics. Just because some has a 4.0 doesn't make them smarter or better at jobs. Like selling 7 million albums doesn't make someone a better musician than someone who sells 500k.

Archived