Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Honeymoon flop so hard?

danwasd

Featured Posts

Emigrante
3 hours ago, PaperIz said:

The quality has gone down a bit and a lot of the songs don't have a lot of cool unique production maybe? It's probably my least favorite thing from her, but I still bought it :laughga: another reason is thst probably only fans are really buying iy since she doesn't do promo....or change that much to where the gp can tell.

It has nothing to do with quality. The truth is she does nothing special for promotion. She had a boom back in 2012 when born to die came out, but she was something fresh at the time. And she's not that type of commercial artist that makes millions. It was possible with her debut but not anymore.

giphy.gif 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emigrante
3 hours ago, Satyromaniac said:

But then that means lesser MVs

To be honest her recent music videos are nothing compared to the BTD era.

@teddxy Lana is not someone who can be replaced in that way. She's above this childish rotation.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

gagaisitalian

I'm a Lana stan and Honeymoon is my least favorite album of hers. I only listen to Freak and The Blackest Day. But it still is a much better album than many pop albums. It's just a very slow, chill vibe that clearly isn't meant to sell big numbers.

6 hours ago, aaronyoji said:

maybe because its not good?? it only has like 3-4 good songs. to me, ultraviolence is her best, but i know the lana del twinksters will decapitate me for even implying so. 

In any case your argument makes no sense as BTD is her most successful album, yet you think UV is her best although it sold like a fifth of its predecessor so the two honours clearly don't align even with your own logic. We all know that quality doesn't correlate to success. There's more to it than that.

aaronyoji
3 hours ago, Harry said:

In any case your argument makes no sense as BTD is her most successful album, yet you think UV is her best although it sold like a fifth of its predecessor so the two honours clearly don't align even with your own logic. We all know that quality doesn't correlate to success. There's more to it than that.

Well let me specify why it is I believe Ultraviolence is better. If we just even look at the two lead singles and the ingenuity behind the production, you can clearly see that West Coast is much more inventive, with it time changes, and its clear appreciation of separate, established genres of music. High by the Beach to many may be considered a more catchy tune, but that's solely due to the beat. When I look at Ultraviolence as an album, I see variation, I see creativeness, I see a different spirit for each song. That just isn't the case for Honeymoon. I hope that makes more sense...in other words, I know what I'm talking about haha

BLACKOUTbritney

Album sales aren't the same

You can't compare sales from a 2012 album to a 2015 one

tumblr_m5sg8aL36D1rngoc0.gif

Zero promotion, as said before. Lana is going out of mainstream market. She was a YouTube phenomenon which became a music phenomenon but now she has a pretty solid fanbase and critical acclaim. She must be good with that, otherwise she would have pushed honeymoon more. This quite surprised me tbh because the album came a year after UV, and I thought it was her return to mass market but she proved me wrong

Forme, not being a stan, i didn't even understand she had a new album when i head "High on th Beach". Though i thought it was strange cause it sounded so different from music on Ultraviolence, that i had heard.

And from an outsider that casually listens to it...it's like: WTF is this low **** mess. sorry, but that's mostly how it is.

Ofc the obvious answer was in the OP. And there's people that think she has already committed suicide. Isn't it great that she's 21st century pop Geta Grabo.

Jenniferella

She said numerous time that she doesn't care about promoting her stuff. She just wants to make make music, release it and then move on. I don't think she gives two sh*ts about selling big.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

XoXoJoanneGaga

Ultraviolence was fantastic but this was a step down. The sales are still quite good though, given the sales climate and the type of record that it is. She still has good selling power so I'd expect her next album to do better since she's supposedly reuniting with Emile Haynie. 

VforVendetta

Because she was never a very big act, she was only really popular with BTD which was her best work (imo) as well. She is just an alternative act that got in the spotlight for some time.

Sudarshana

cuz muny is the anthem of success :emma:

oh wait :deadbanana:

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

Archived