Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Honeymoon flop so hard?

danwasd

Featured Posts

Desperado

Because:

1) Lack of promo.

2) Musically, she's really trying to not achieve mainstream success with her music.

3) Poor visuals (HBTB was good but meh).

4) She doesnt care and she does what she wants, she sings what she likes (and writes what she likes).

5) The label doesnt care about her promoting, if she pull through with quick releases .

6) She doesnt promote so she can write and produce more. 

7) Plus she isnt trying to cater to anyone now, like image wise unlike when she was on the BTD era.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PaperIz said:

Well I mean, I know the differences in the production of the albums especially since I have them all, but to just a regular non-fan, they might think all the albums sound the same. At least that's how my friends view it since I'm the only one of us who likes Lana :emma:

Well I've always been of the opinion that if you listen to - for example - Born To Die followed by West Coast followed by High by the Beach - and you think they 'sound the same'... then you're an idiot. Or at least musically illiterate. And that's just with the "singles". Pretty When You Cry VS Art Deco... Etc. Lana has a signature atmosphere in her sound and lyrics but all of her albums completely have their own unique identity. Her artistry is just very easy to define because there's no one else that really sounds like her, even though some people try to. It's lazy to say that her albums sound the same and I can't take anyone's opinion seriously when they say that so I'm glad you don't lol

PaperIz
Just now, Harry said:

Well I've always been of the opinion that if you listen to - for example - Born To Die followed by West Coast followed by High by the Beach - and you think they 'sound the same'... then you're an idiot. Or at least musically illiterate. And that's just with the "singles". Pretty When You Cry VS Art Deco... Etc. Lana has a signature atmosphere in her sound and lyrics but all of her albums completely have their own unique identity. Her artistry is just very easy to define because there's no one else that really sounds like her, even though some people try to. It's lazy to say that her albums sound the same and I can't take anyone's opinion seriously when they say that so I'm glad you don't lol

Exactly! I think my favorite might be Ultraviolence because of the soft rock feel to it, but I love them all :giveup: I regularly torture my friends with her, just because lol. I love how she cam have her signature sound, but she still deviates from it in a lot of cool sonic ways like with Honeymoon. In short, slay me Lana, slay lol

hoeslay

Everyone was hyped up for some "back to roots" with a mix of "new and fresh" and we ended up getting "ultraviolent paradise slow sad songs vol.3" and as amazing as it is it was predictable and the entire world was left underwhelmed

Desperado
1 minute ago, hoeslay said:

Everyone was hyped up for some "back to roots" with a mix of "new and fresh" and we ended up getting "ultraviolent paradise slow sad songs vol.3" and as amazing as it is it was predictable and the entire world was left underwhelmed

the entire world lmfao, as if someone outside of her fanbase and the stan world knows about the album. 

Alcina Dimitrescu
10 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

considering its her highest rated album critically, i doubt thats why :air:

no promotion, no born to die sound, the gp is just not here for ha anymore. 

Halsey replaced ha.

*grabs popcorn* :green:

Nevertheless it's her best album to date imo.

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Born Brave
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

the entire world lmfao, as if someone outside of her fanbase and the stan world knows about the album. 

Rolling Stone named it a must hear album of 2015. Also, it sold like 2k copies last week, I'm sure Lana fans already bought it when it came out months ago... so clearly, yes, people outside of her fanbase have heard of Honeymoon. 

Desperado
Just now, Justinn said:

Rolling Stone named it a must hear album of 2015. Also, it sold like 2k copies last week, I'm sure Lana fans already bought it when it came out months ago... so clearly, yes, people outside of her fanbase have heard of Honeymoon. 

And? That doesnt mean ****, not because a magazine put the album as a must hear people will run to buy it lmao

Born Brave
1 minute ago, Desperado said:

And? That doesnt mean ****, not because a magazine put the album as a must hear people will run to buy it lmao

People are buying it... like I said, 2k people did last week according to the OP. How many albums did YOU sell last week? 

RAMROD

Because sadcore :giveup:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

OmgSum1Actually

This album is good but not as good as BTD or UV and it was released too soon. Everyone needs time to come up with good material

Shameless selfpromo

Riot Poof

Lana doesn't care about the charts. Neither should we.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

aaronyoji

maybe because its not good?? it only has like 3-4 good songs. to me, ultraviolence is her best, but i know the lana del twinksters will decapitate me for even implying so. 

Archived