Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga's best scene in AHS: Hotel (acting-wise)?

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

djBuffoon
On 1/17/2016 at 8:12 PM, Caesium said:

Her monologue at the beginning of 5x09 is amazing too. The whole of Flicker showcases her diversity too. She really shone when she displayed emotion. I liked The Countess, but her numbness to everything restricted Gaga's ability to really show off her skills. 

I see what you're saying, but playing "numb" without resorting to eye-rolling or looking plain bored is a challenge in and of itself. If there was one success of the narrative this season (aside from Liz Taylor's story), it was introducing The Countess as she was in the present, then showing more and more of her humanity as the story went on.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon
On 1/16/2016 at 3:27 PM, Totodile said:

tumblr_nw943lvBUP1rr9hnvo4_r4_250.gif   tumblr_nw943lvBUP1rr9hnvo5_r3_250.gif 

tumblr_nw943lvBUP1rr9hnvo6_r2_250.gif   tumblr_nw943lvBUP1rr9hnvo7_r4_250.gif

She had some good moments in episode 1, but this was the first bit where I sat up and was fully entranced by her performance. I forgot it was Gaga.

"Flicker" overall was a major high point, and she had a bunch of fantastic moments periodically throughout the latter half of the season in general. (Countess turning Liz, her face-offs with March, having to drain her children, so on). Really on-target character work by Gaga, let down by a script that (surprise) didn't know how to ultimately fit the different plot tangents together.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:09 PM, Mobster said:

I want her to yell at me

This one for sure~

also this whole scene with Chloe Sevigny was great:

2DE566A100000578-0-image-a-35_1446118960

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

On Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Mobster said:

I want her to yell at me

Exactly!!! In this scene I was like :wtfga: This made me believe that she can improve her acting skills until becoming a great actor. Also the one when Ramona turns her rapper bf in the recording studio and when they get out they find Gaga's murdered everyone and she is in tears and says: "she must have really love you" (or some bs like that) and then bang bang...my baby shot me down; that was flawless

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

Archived