Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Oscars: TIHTY chances rise, SYA's chances fall

Gypsy Life

Featured Posts

It would be so insane if she got the Oscar. I'd be so happy for her.

I doubt she will get the Emmy for AHS. Truthfully I'm not even sure if she would get nominated but maybe now after the win last night she may have a chance at a nom. But honestly if she continues to do TV specials like the Thanksgiving shows and more concert films and is involved with them, she could get an Emmy without much hassle. And of course if she does AHS or any other show again and blows it out the water. The Tony will be the difficult one because I can't see her having enough time to commit to starring in a play/musical. Maybe years and years away she will write music for a musical and win like Cyndi Lauper did with Kinky Boots. I could see her doing that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XoXoJoanneGaga
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

It is good however I feel like it will be Sam Smith's if the tradition who's winning at GG will follow suit with the victory at the Oscar.

The Spectre theme got very mixed reception so I'm not sure. It's a really weak field this year so TIHTY should have a pretty easy road to victory given the subject matter. 

Dominic

It's a tough call,  SYA has had great success and has had the time to cement itself,  it is of course a tribute song which only amplifies it's chances however TIHTY sounds more like the typical Oscar winning song and it has a powerful message behind it so it's fair game really. 

Although,  my favourite out of those is LMLYD :giveup:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

ManuelColon

Both the losses of See You Again and the GG win for Gaga create good buzz about her Oscar nomination, at the moment she's one of the frontrunner both for the nomination and the win, and this just increase her chances.

Writtings On The Wall may still end up snubbed, Golden Globe winning songs rarely end up winning at the Oscars too, and this one in particular is a very weak one, and has received a big blacklash.

GloZell Green
1 hour ago, Paper Gangsta said:

Um I think Gypsy thing is just movie adaptation of musical. I'm not sure if there is category for such a thing at the tonys

and Deadline is April 28 2016

1 hour ago, Gypsy Life said:

That project was delayed for no known date.

Oh well :neyde: Well need to see but that's the hardest one to get

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Cocaine Heart
1 minute ago, flopheart said:

When will we know the nominations?

Thursday morning. 

We going to boo

PartySick
1 hour ago, AmericanHSlave said:

I love you, that wasn't meant to be a shade. :gaycat:

perhaps you can tell me more about your "straight friend" so our friendship can develop. I've been waiting. :gaycat:

:rip::rip::rip:

He's over at my house now so :gaycat:

💚

Katharine Hepburn

I don't see why people are saying that Writings On The Wall will win the oscar just because it won the GG. Madonna won the GG with her tragic song from MDNA :wtf:

xoxo Joanne

Fame Romance

If TIHTY wins I'll feel it was undeserved, it's a song with a powerful message but it's not an Oscar-deserving song, it would look just like it was that the judges felt "forced" to do it because of her last performance. 

ManuelColon
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

If TIHTY wins I'll feel it was undeserved, it's a song with a powerful message but it's not an Oscar-deserving song, it would look just like it was that the judges felt "forced" to do it because of her last performance. 

Not really, this is the kind of song the Academy usually likes. And actually, not many of the contenders this year are very much worthy.

LePetitGAGABLover
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

I have to disagree. TIHTY has rave reviews from critics. Unlike the other potential nominees. Especially Sam Smith's, who has mixed reviews. Gaga may win not because her song is "good" but rather because its the "best" out of the potential songs that were released. I mean, if Gaga was nominated last year, then there would be zero chance she would win because of Glory. Either way, the competition is pretty weak this year. :toofunny:

Mister Gaga
13 minutes ago, CustomGueseppi said:

I don't see why people are saying that Writings On The Wall will win the oscar just because it won the GG. Madonna won the GG with her tragic song from MDNA :wtf:

tbqmfh

Archived