GloZell Green

:rip: American Oxygen. Talk That Talk should've charted higher :neyde: 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23

updated: "Work" enters the chart. The song benefitted SO much from the new rules change that makes digital sales have more percentage points and streaming have less. "Work" was the #1 digital song of this week and it didn't even chart in the top 25 on streaming songs. That being said, i think the chart revision was an appropriate one. Streaming had too much weight.

Riot Poof
20 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

updated, "Work" rose from #7 to #4

omg. I'm surprised (but delighted) "Work" is doing so well!

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Riot Poof
2 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

updated:

Work rises from #4 to #1

omg... her 14th #1 :giveup:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

• Haroon locked this topic
  • Haroon unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...
Brian Ryan

Considering she's a black artist and I do not care that we are on a Pop Forum. A lot of her songs that were meant for the Urban Stations did well extremely on Urban Charts and Urban Radio. That's almost half of her songs that were not even intended to be on the Hot 100, but if it did fine she was going for a "urban" audience. I just had to add that. "Loveeeeeee Song", "Pour It Up", "Bitch Better Have My Money", "Birthday Cake", "Talk That Talk", "Man Down", "Raining Men", and "Hard". All of these songs were hits on Urban Radio and Urban Radio Charts that use to be called Hip/Hop than before Black Charts. If they do well on the Hot 100, that's great but a lot of it's emphasis is on urban radio. I am sick of it being ignored especially when it comes to Beyonce' and Rihanna on this site and other fan forums. If it was some Latin artist... it would be a different story. She caters to mainstream as well as urban (mostly black) audiences.

The extra radio play she gets from urban radio accounts for Work being #1 for 6 weeks as well. You should have included the format of Urban Radio Charts if you're going to talk about Rihanna who is just not a pop singer. In addition, American Oxygen for more so for the current state of the country and not so much about selling similar to "Formation" that's heavily talking about how blacks have mistreated in this country and how we should get it together. She does not just put out singles for sales... she puts out singles for statements as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
DiscoHeaven23

Updated:

Work drops from #1 to #4

Needed Me climbs to a new peak of 23

Kiss It Better also climbs to a new peak at #70

6 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Updated:

Work drops from #1 to #4

Needed Me climbs to a new peak of 23

Kiss It Better also climbs to a new peak at #70

Do you happen to have the link to your mega post with all of your single performance posts? :tongue:

DiscoHeaven23
13 minutes ago, Slayy said:

Do you happen to have the link to your mega post with all of your single performance posts? :tongue:

There you go my friend! :D

• Haroon locked this topic
  • Haroon unlocked this topic

Archived