news

Mr. March's accent

giskardsb

Featured Posts

Pacify Him

I prefer reading articles instead of watching them. Can anybody break it down and explain it here? :air: :duck:

I’m getting on your nerves

Swan Heart

It's so sexy it's crazy....

tumblr_nyfta8SXGt1ujgfoio1_500.gif

abrrgghhhhhh :giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup:

I guess I have a thing for mad quirky psychopaths. :green:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

giskardsb
10 minutes ago, Satyromaniac said:

I prefer reading articles instead of watching them. Can anybody break it down and explain it here? :air: :duck:

it's quite a short video.  Basically the accent was a learned accent used by upper classes in both America and England that is a mix of american and british pronunciation.  It was designed to be indistinguishable as either.  Typically features dropped final R's, soft vowels, and very sharply enunciated "T" sounds.   It also found favor in hollywood and by reporters and such, possibly because it was easily understood in the poor reproduction equipment available at the time.  It fell out of favor after world war II as it stopped being taught in schools.

Pacify Him
3 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

it's quite a short video.  Basically the accent was a learned accent used by upper classes in both America and England that is a mix of american and british pronunciation.  It was designed to be indistinguishable as either.  Typically features dropped final R's, soft vowels, and very sharply enunciated "T" sounds.   It also found favor in hollywood and by reporters and such, possibly because it was easily understood in the poor reproduction equipment available at the time.  It fell out of favor after world war II as it stopped being taught in schools.

Thank you, honey. I love you forever :sara:

I’m getting on your nerves

RAMROD

Ohohoho basically characters from Downtown Abbey :laughga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛... (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived