💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will a 2017 release date of LG5 ruin Gaga's career?

Edonis

Featured Posts

Edonis
2 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Nah and once again, I'm not your sis. Take that silly slang back with you. 

You mean a term that's a part of contemporary gay culture? Oh. Okay. Funny since you're on a fan site that has everything to do with a gay icon who is quite LGBTQA+ in her sense. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
12 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Gaga is best served putting forth an effort she completely believes in rather than trying to rush release something to try to maintain "relevance".   If she produces music people like, she'll be "relevant" to them, if she doesn't, she won't be.  Doesn't matter if its next year or 3 years from now.  It's most important that she believe in it, so she can be proud of her work even if the notoriously fickle pop audience isn't feeling it.   

Maybe pop stars with little actual talent on their own have to churn  out product every year in order to stay in the public eye because they know their time will be short.  Gaga doesn't have  to play those games, because her talent and ability spans greater than being a pop tart and she will have a career as long as she wants in music, theatre. and film.   Pop fans have such a myopic view of what is considered relevent or having a "career.".   

The bolded part really is the bottom line in all of these discussions and threads about the timing and expectations of the next album. The listening public and music buyers out in the real world don't keep up with how long it has been between eras for any artist! They simply hear a song on the radio and might catch a performance of it on some show, and they then decide if they like it or not. If the singles catch on, everything works. If they don't, then that era is for the super fans and stans. That type of era can still be very enjoyable for those fans, unless they are spoiled brats or the type that just stans success. Releasing these singles a couple of months from now or a year from now isn't going to make a difference. 

Whispering
15 minutes ago, Edonis said:

You mean a term that's a part of contemporary gay culture? Oh. Okay. Funny since you're on a fan site that has everything to do with a gay icon who is quite LGBTQA+ in her sense. 

I'm not your sis. It's a silly slang term and many here, who are members of the LGBT community, do not use the term or want it directed towards them. You will eventually learn that....I guess. 

Edonis

The bolded part really is the bottom line in all of these discussions and threads about the timing and expectations of the next album. The listening public and music buyers out in the real world don't keep up with how long it has been between eras for any artist! They simply hear a song on the radio and might catch a performance of it on some show, and they then decide if they like it or not. If the singles catch on, everything works. If they don't, then that era is for the super fans and stans. That type of era can still be very enjoyable for those fans, unless they are spoiled brats or the type that just stans success. Releasing these singles a couple of months from now or a year from now isn't going to make a difference. 

Oh so suddenly you're OP again? 

On topic though: If it's dated production, or constantly pushed back (hasn't happened but if it does happen) the GP can get irked and just not want to buy the music TBH. But yes, if it is a timeless album with quality music, the wait doesn't matter. But to dismiss time between eras as something trivial is in itself trivial and to continue to do so can pretty much go down a very bad direction for the artist. 

Edonis

I'm not your sis. It's a silly slang term and many here, who are members of the LGBT community, do not use the term or want it directed towards them. You will eventually learn that....I guess. 

No I think I'll call you sis still. It's not exactly offensive. And just because /your/friends/on/here/ don't use it or some on here don't like the term, doesn't mean I can't use it. Now please, try to stay on topic :awkney:

4 minutes ago, Edonis said:

On the edge, no pun intended.

but that was a very interesting a--lysis and point of view. In terms of today, I don't think Gagas's at all in her worse and on the brink of the decay that we see in so many pop stars. But, I don't necessarily think it's her best either. In the end, we can only wait and see what happens I guess. 

Exactly. Gaga's time to be on top passed, and it brought about the inevitable consequence: her demolition. She survived that destruction in excellent conditions (in my opinion), and now she's frozen in time, awaiting her time to impact culture again. The concepts of Comeback and Rebirth are quite relevant right now. They don't mean the same thing, but could both be applied to Gaga: Gaga's rebirth is arguably already happening, she raises from the ashes of the "mess" that we collectively made of her and shakes the dirt off her shoulders. She appears in public once again in small pills of interaction: Award shows, dinners, a magazine cover every now and then. The media recognises she's not defeated. The sacrifice we made her go through was effective: she's still alive has returned from the dead through a spiritual journey that changed her.

The important thing here is that she's not "riding" any wave anymore. There is no proper momentum to take advantage off, so the only thing left for her is a good old-fashioned "Comeback", where she rises again and shows the world (in the most cliche'd way possible) "What she's really made off".

So essentially my argument is that she's not "dying"— her moment for that already passed. 2016 would not be a "missed opportunity" because she's already alive and awaiting the right moment for her triumphant comeback. It could be 2016, it could be 2017. It doesn't matter, as long as she does it right.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Whispering
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

No I think I'll call you sis still. It's not exactly offensive. And just because /your/friends/on/here/ don't use it or some on here don't like the term, doesn't mean I can't use it. Now please, try to stay on topic :awkney:

Okay bru, whatever you want to do bud. 

Edonis

Okay bru, whatever you want to do bud. 

Great! I can tell we're gonna have so much fun on here, sis, from now on :flutter: 

Dangerous Man

No, Justin Bieber, Timberlake, Pink, Adele, etc say hi. 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

A Real Panda

Ruin her career? I don't think so. With the right songs and promotion she can always come back but the interest in her will slowly fade and some fans will stan for someone else. the longer she doesnt release an album or if she doesnt release in 2016, then the less chances she has on performing well commercially. 

arthurhmangum

Very much so. No one would know who she was and wouldn't care. 

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

MaryJaneHolland

Ruin her career? NO, she will still have Little Monsters. But flop the album? YES. :neyde:

Archived