Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Katy Perry's new pop song?

dubstep111

Featured Posts

Jenniferella
Just now, Igeekgaga said:

But it's not like you haven't before so don't deny it.  And I stand by my statements.

K thanks little fellow popstar forum member, we really need you out there :applause:

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arizonadream777
Just now, DevilHeart said:

K thanks little fellow popstar forum member, we really need you out there :applause:

I know you do that's why I'm here. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. ;)

Prismatic
20 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I don't really want to make a big deal out of it, but you seem to be describing the opposite of what a "unique" voice would be. You are saying that The Chainsmokers and Jessie J sound like Katy, which would imply that her voice isn't unique, there are other singers on pop radio that sound pretty similar to her :smh:

I don't have a huge issue with you liking Katy's voice or anything, unique just sounds like the wrong word here.

Then let me put it in this way to help you guys understand, Katy has a stand out voice for pop songs which people would automatically think it's her. 

If her voice isn't unique or stand out, then people wouldn't claim these songs to be hers. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

15 minutes ago, Prismatic said:

Then let me put it in this way to help you guys understand, Katy has a stand out voice for pop songs which people would automatically think it's her. 

If her voice isn't unique or stand out, then people wouldn't claim these songs to be hers. 

Honey, I understand perfectly what you are trying to say. You are just using the wrong terminology.

If you want to argue that Katy has some ubiquitous and recognisable voice then fantastic, but that's the opposite of unique. You could argue that Katy brought a voice and style that record labels/other artists try to capitalise on, you could argue that Katy is clearly far more famous than The Chainsmokers or Jessie J and therefore they are being compared to her.

What's hard to do is claim a voice is "unique" (i.e being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.) and back up that claim with examples of singers that sound like her. If Katy's voice was unique, then people wouldn't get confused over other singers that sound like her. If her voice was unique, people wouldn't claim these songs to be hers.

You are coupling the word "unique" with words such as "recognisable" or "stand out" so that your argument makes sense. While these things are not necessarily mutually exclusive, in this case they are separate things. Yes Katy clearly has a recognisable voice and style, if she didn't than people wouldn't confuse Jessie J and The Chainsmokers with her. Katy does not have a unique voice, if she did than people wouldn't confuse Jessie J and The Chainsmokers with her.

Arizonadream777
1 hour ago, Bebe said:

Honey, I understand perfectly what you are trying to say. You are just using the wrong terminology.

If you want to argue that Katy has some ubiquitous and recognisable voice then fantastic, but that's the opposite of unique. You could argue that Katy brought a voice and style that record labels/other artists try to capitalise on, you could argue that Katy is clearly far more famous than The Chainsmokers or Jessie J and therefore they are being compared to her.

What's hard to do is claim a voice is "unique" (i.e being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.) and back up that claim with examples of singers that sound like her. If Katy's voice was unique, then people wouldn't get confused over other singers that sound like her. If her voice was unique, people wouldn't claim these songs to be hers.

You are coupling the word "unique" with words such as "recognisable" or "stand out" so that your argument makes sense. While these things are not necessarily mutually exclusive, in this case they are separate things. Yes Katy clearly has a recognisable voice and style, if she didn't than people wouldn't confuse Jessie J and The Chainsmokers with her. Katy does not have a unique voice, if she did than people wouldn't confuse Jessie J and The Chainsmokers with her.

WORD!

Archived