other

"The Ten Commandments Killer" episode discussion

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona
4 minutes ago, Spock said:

WOW so John is the 10 Commandments killer??????? I did NOT see that coming AT ALL. Like, the least they could have done is add a few nods and clues here and there so the reveal wouldn't have been so shocking! So surprised

I don't think it was the goal though... Or why would he have give us big hints about him being the killer since the season began ? If it was the big surprise you can be sure he would have kept it for the final episode...

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOOM! I knew John was the killer back when he first got the call to come to the hotel. 

Reasoning: I knew they had to make the killer someone "unexpected," but not so unexpected that we wouldn't care. Like if they made it his wife we'd be like "wtf that is unexpected but makes no sense and is stupid," but John fits the unexpected and reasonable requirement. 
Secondly, it was the phone call that tipped me off. I remember something else being suspicious about phone calls he and his wife got or something but I can't remember exactly what happened there, but anyways- "the killer" calls him with a distorted voice and says he's at the Cortez in room 64- then John goes and stays in Room 64.

My theory was supported in a later episode when John was invited to a dinner for notorious killers.

Add that to the fact that John was experiencing moments he couldn't remember and the fact that his character's personality traits totally fit something like that...yeah. 

Also, Evan Peters NAILED it with his character this week! Previously I thought his character was lacking because he was just on the edge of "over-the-top," and with this episode he really went there and was phenomenal. 

monketsharona
3 hours ago, Kayla said:

Also, Evan Peters NAILED it with his character this week! Previously I thought his character was lacking because he was just on the edge of "over-the-top," and with this episode he really went there and was phenomenal. 

I think Mr. March is my favorite Evan Peters' character in AHS ! One of the bests in Hotel !

I feel like a lot of you are only watching for Gaga, which is fine, but then don't complain when the plot doesn't surround her because, *SHOCKER*, this is not American Horror Story: Lady Gaga.

I don't think John being the killer was meant to be a surprise for us, it was meant to be a surprise for him. It was evident when he and Iris interacted and she was finally relieved that she didn't have to act like every time they met, she was seeing him for the first time.

You asked for character development into the Ten Commandments Killer and this episode delivered just that.

so much evan peters :giveup: 

the detective being the killer without knowing is kinda getting cliche these days but i'm still ok with it :green: 

i honestly think that the show relies on too many flashbacks because its like they have no other way of explaining things other than some character going into a flashback that lasts the entire freaking episode. idk why but it just feels like the writer got lazy in thinking up a better way of revealing the truth :emma: 

how did the detective even forget in the first place? was it just the absinthe that was spiked with something or did i entirely misunderstand what was happening? :rip: 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

JustYouandI
On 12/2/2015, 11:51:17, Neon Angel said:

Not enough Gaga in this episode. :green:

And why is the Countess there? Why isn't she freaking out about Rudy being "free?"

Both of her scenes were in the past. On another note, can someine explain me when Hann revealed he was seeing Alex :crossed:

SlayLin
1 minute ago, JustYouandI said:

Both of her scenes were in the past. On another note, can someine explain me when Hann revealed he was seeing Alex :crossed:

YEAH, after watching a second time, I noticed the "2010" script. /facepalm

+ this the alpha 본전 +

Azor Ahai
1 minute ago, Kabexuela said:

I missed the episode.  How many stars would you rate it from 1 to 5?

3/5 because of the good acting.

monketsharona
19 minutes ago, Kabexuela said:

I missed the episode.  How many stars would you rate it from 1 to 5?

I'd say 3/5 too. It's definitely an important episode to understand a lot of things of the first half of the season. Not a great episode but an essential one to lead the way to the last episodes. 

Evan Peters
7 hours ago, Spock said:

WOW so John is the 10 Commandments killer??????? I did NOT see that coming AT ALL. Like, the least they could have done is add a few nods and clues here and there so the reveal wouldn't have been so shocking! So surprised

tumblr_inline_myfmmdPYFT1rqq7os.jpg

yawn.

emma roberts is an abuser

Prometheus

I'm still confused about how he forgot he was the killer, yet continued to kill? Was it kind of like a split personality?

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Prometheus said:

I'm still confused about how he forgot he was the killer, yet continued to kill? Was it kind of like a split personality?

yes a kind of. I think it's mostly the power of the hotel too. 

That's in this sense Hotel is a lot similiar to Murder House, those both places have power on people. I'm not even surprised both Hotel and MH are linked. 

Prometheus
Just now, monketsharona said:

yes a kind of. I think it's mostly the power of the hotel too. 

That's in this sense Hotel is a lot similiar to Murder House, those both places have power on people. I'm not even surprised both Hotel and MH are linked. 

I'm kind of mad because some of the plot elements seem half-assed. Like, if they had spent more time figuring out the connections and twists I think it would've been better. I feel kind of blue-balled tbh. There was a lot going for this twist. It had a lot of potential. It's just kind of...forced and some loopholes were ignored.

• Haroon unpinned, pinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived