Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What's the worst Gaga music video?

Warholian

Featured Posts

Alien Tulip
5 hours ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Yall saying eh eh... 

Gaga as her simplest and it's wonderful! Her hair, skin, color distortion. It's miles better than the tregedies Guy and TEOG

I agree. Eh Eh is one of my favorite Gaga videos. It's a refreshing video to watch due to her catalogue of eccentric videos. I loved the tan, the eye makeup, s-xy hair, hot guys, italian galore, **** just everything is so bubbly and cute in that video. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RockySayTalk said:

how dare you diss this masterpiece

tumblr_lqii2cHCR81r10lebo1_500.gif

Excuse the harshness ... It's an awkward and bland video imo. :toofunny:

RockySayTalk
1 minute ago, Prince JG said:

Excuse the harshness ... It's an awkward and bland video imo. :toofunny:

hahaha no I agree with you I think they even reuse the gaga footage several times, but I do think mini!Gaga is something we should treasure 

4 minutes ago, McMonster08 said:

Stop b---hing on Eh Eh it's cute!!!

You and I. I don't even bother watching it in years :laughga:

Thought I was the only one :rip:

TheKillerQueen

The Edge Of Glory, it's still a good video though! There's not a single video that's bad. 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Sorry not sorry. I love the intro, but the rest of the video is a capital mess. It's the weakest visual work Gaga has ever done - it's even more surprising when you see how superior her first self-directed video, MTN, is compared to this.

I have to agree, G.U.Y. is a little meh too.

She looked great in it but it's like she was trying so hard to look s-xy, it's kind of awkward?

elijahfan
30 minutes ago, Benji said:

I have to agree, G.U.Y. is a little meh too.

She looked great in it but it's like she was trying so hard to look s-xy, it's kind of awkward?

Right, it's also a feeling I had - it felt like she was trying too hard. Like, it felt like she was throwing ideas and bizarre outfits into the mix just for the sake of it, but it didn't really have any significance. It really felt like someone else trying to make his or her own idea of what a Lady Gaga video should be.

I think she tried so hard to make a big impression after the ARTPOP era's various messes that it ended up being very superficial. Even though the video was supposed to reflect her own struggles with the industry, and ultimately her resurrection, the metaphor was pushed too far to be taken really seriously.

Also, great locations dont make-up for half-baked cinematography. I won't say this enough, but ARTISTS NEED VIDEO DIRECTORS.

elijahfan
58 minutes ago, TheKillerQueen said:

The Edge Of Glory, it's still a good video though! There's not a single video that's bad. 

Surprisingly, TEOG definitely grew on me. I've learnt to enjoy its simplicity, and I think it's a video that has soul. Even if its simplicity wasn't intentional at first, and was kind of the result of unhappy accidents, it feels refreshing amongst the sophisticated visual body of work of Gaga.

Just now, elijahfan said:

Right, it's also a feeling I had - it felt like she was trying too hard. Like, it felt like she was throwing ideas and bizarre outfits into the mix just for the sake of it, but it didn't really have any significance. It really felt like someone else trying to make his or her own idea of what a Lady Gaga video should be.

I think she tried so hard to make a big impression after the ARTPOP era's various messes that it ended up being very superficial. Even though the video was supposed to reflect her own struggles with the industry, and ultimately her resurrection, the metaphor was pushed too far to be taken really seriously.

Also, great locations dont make-up for half-baked cinematography. I won't say this enough, but ARTISTS NEED VIDEO DIRECTORS.

I read a pretty interesting article about the video from an ex-Gaga fan (well, a fan that stopped stanning because of ARTPOP), which I know already sounds bad but they raised some good points.

They pretty much said that she tried doing two different things and both failed. One was being conventionally s-xy.... Gaga has never been a conventional beauty, but that's what made her so God damn beautiful. She confused but enticed, with G.U.Y. she just looked like your usual girl in a video.

tumblr_inline_n2w9yzjbnw1qfb043.gif?w=65

And she also tried to do her usual pop culture references and eccentric ideas but all of them seemed forced and lacked subtlety. It's almost as if the video was trying to tick the Gaga boxes to just be classed as a Gaga video.

I don't like to knock the video cause I get the sense that Gaga worked hard on it opposed to the DWUW video for example but it just seems off. It's all so forced and push infront of us, it just lacks the smarts that a lot of her videos do.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Benji said:

And she also tried to do her usual pop culture references and eccentric ideas but all of them seemed forced and lacked subtlety. It's almost as if the video was trying to tick the Gaga boxes to just be classed as a Gaga video.

I completely agree with this. She was in a very insecure place tbh.

Archived