💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Adele '25' US sales discussion - reached 3M+

Haroon

Featured Posts

thierryrreiht

at the end of the day we all have different opinions about that album

to me, she played it safe: same themes, same moods, same polishing, some sugar and spices and it gave us a big cake.

in French there's something called "la recette du succès". which is exactly what she did. I wished more from her.

Eh. On to the next one.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple
Just now, Evo said:

Guys I love Adele and  25 but lbr, the current success it's getting rn is bc of 21, it sold almost 12 million copies in the US  lmao. I actually expected 2M sales US debut but it seems she can pass it easily. Let's wait for the second week sales.

Well it's cause of the success of 21,the success of Hello,the good promotion and the good album

Dangerous Man
3 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

Well it's cause of ttea!e success of 21,the success of Hello,the good promotion and the good album

The success of Hello is due to the success of 21 too. Well her tEam did a good promo but not as good as how Taylor's team promoted 1989. 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

22 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

I just feel lit's so calculated and polished and sharp that it's just doesn't feel "real" anymore.

I mean, it's the same kind of vibe as the others, similar topics (nostalgia, first loves, breakups). She even said that her songs about being a mother were "too boring" for her. It's like she switched because she was afraid of what people would say. That would have been real, and more authentic. To me when I heard 25 I just went, "well it's just another Adele album" and I mean, Adele is good, but there's nothing amazing, new, or fresh about this album. It just sells because it's her. 

Weird comparison and please, guys, don't sigh: on ARTPOP, one of my "mehhh" songs is Dope. (maybe because I wish it was IWBWY, but that's another topic). However, I can't say that it doesn't feel authentic, raw, and heartbreaking. Her emotion, the imperfections in this song makes it so special. It's so not polished that it makes it special. On 25, they all have the same finish (except, again, a few that are more interesting [max martin, as much as I don't like you, thank you for making Adele sound different and fresh on that one song])

bref, it won't be on my X-mas list.

You know, 21 wasn't pop revolution too. It was just pop. Pop songs selling well. So 25 not being fresh doesn't make it worse

I'll just wait till she puts it on Spotify. >:(

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

thierryrreiht
Just now, Chump said:

You know, 21 wasn't pop revolution too. It was just pop. Pop songs selling well. So 25 not being fresh doesn't make it worse

but it was a revelation at the time

now 25, 4 years later, uses the same blueprint..

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, Evo said:

The success of Hello is due to the success of 21 too. Well her tEam did a good promo but not as good as how Taylor's team promoted 1989. 

Well obviously. You need to be already big to have such success.But if people didn't like the lead single it wouldn't sell as much. There are so many artists that slayed the world with an album and their next album flopped bad

Warholian
52 minutes ago, Klou said:

What can I sacrifice for LG5 to be 1/10 as successful as this? :giveup: 

Maybe a baby cow or possible a human child. As long as there's blood for Gaga she shall slayth thee. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Dangerous Man
1 minute ago, CurlyBae said:

Well obI didinitiaou need to be already big to have such success.But if people didn't like the lead single it wouldn't sell as much. There are so many artists that slayed the world with an album and their next album flopped bad

That's not true. If you had a big era then most of the time you'll have a hit on your next era. Also, i didnt say anything about how bad the album is why are you being so defensive? Read my initiaL post and i actually said i love the album. And in case you didn't know yet im the biggest stan of WWWY here.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

VenusBlackStar
41 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Now ALL our favs will 'flop' with Adele in comparison, so no "flop" words anymore please

It's like she's The Second Coming bringing equality and ending stan wars by having EVERYONE flopping before her like a bunch of Magikarps

Wolf Boy

21 wasn't popular because it was groundbreaking, no one ever says that about 21. it's just a good album, that's it, good songs, relatable lyrics, people find adeles music honest and real and thats what sells her stuff. nothing more nothing less.

of course success from 21 leaks over to the next release, that happens with EVERY artist that has such a massive world wide record breaking release, it's inevitable. but hello and 25 are both getting a good reception as far as music critics and GP reactions go, so to say that it's only successful because of 21 is a bit deluded.

i think some gaga fans are just butt hurt tbh.

Archived